Jump to content
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Jannier said:

So I do not misunderstand you. Do you mean that GIT is a requirement for you personally, or for the GoFlight MCP Pro to work with the iFly aircraft?

I have a GoFlight MCP Pro here, connects up to USB, install their driver, make the product selection in the tool and the MCP Pro works. Nothing extra required.

It's a requirement for all 737 functionality to work on the PMDG such as LNAV, VNAV etc. The basic GoFlight driver will only give you Hdg, V/Spd and the other standard P3D autopilot commands. I imagine it will be the same for the iFly.

If the GoFlight driver worked on specialist aircraft why would Steve write GIT? It works giving limited functionality.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, beautiful.


4790K - GTX1070 - 16GB DDR3 - 2TB SSD - Sennheiser GSX1000 - Aircooling - Windows 10 Pro - 1440p Ultrawide - Prepar3D 5.x

"Give us missions, where we can drop off passengers and cargo (and see them being unloaded too). It would be an amazing addition to this game." - A MSFS user...

Share this post


Link to post

@Jannier, I’d also add that if you have the EICAS unit it won’t have any functionality without the GIT driver.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hmmm.....it seems to be released!  I had no idea it was this close! 😏

Here is where you can get those awesome liveries I was showing....

http://library.flight1.net/

 

Thanks so much for the initial repaints! Looks awesome! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, alex86 said:

Thanks so much for the initial repaints! Looks awesome! 

It was my pleasure (or was it my friend's? hehe).   In my desire to create a 37 hour day to do all the things I want to do (including these paints), I wish I coulda' done more before release.  To be fair to myself (I normally beat myself up when I feel I could have contributed more)...I didn't have a lot of time. Real world events impeded my effort, and I was also bug chasing and fine tuning my paintkit in the process.  Not to mention the complexity of the certain liveries and how certain textures cross texture map boundaries, or are near a point where a ton of vertices converge...all factor into the equation of how fast you can actually paint.

For example...if every livery was as easy as this.....

pc33to.png

....I'd have about 20 paints already in the library. 🤣  I started this about 20 mins ago and it should be ready in an hour or so....it's gonna' take longer to package it for release than the actual "painting" is going to take.   Just need to clear the reg on the GOL  wing, do the single color, no-logo winglets, adjust the stark white engine color, and she's done.

edit: Oh, and don't let me forget the reg plate in the cockpit....always the last thing to do and in a rush, you may be flying JA321J with a PR-GUA reg plate staring at you in the cockpit. 🤪

 

 

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Jannier, I’d also add that if you have the EICAS unit it won’t have any functionality without the GIT driver.

Hi Ray, I only have the MCP Pro from GoFlight and all the options on it works directly from the GoFlight drivers with the iFly 737NG . I cannot speak for other products.

If the GIT developers wants to make his product compatible with the iFly 737NG he can crab the SDK here: http://files.100megabyte.com/ifly/user files/737SDK_v1.11.zip 

  • Like 1

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's a requirement for all 737 functionality to work on the PMDG such as LNAV, VNAV etc. The basic GoFlight driver will only give you Hdg, V/Spd and the other standard P3D autopilot commands. I imagine it will be the same for the iFly.

If the GoFlight driver worked on specialist aircraft why would Steve write GIT? It works giving limited functionality.

GoFlight driver works with MCP and even multiple EFIS natively in prior iFly versions.  You could even select which side you wanted the EFIS to control.  MCP had full functionality same with LGT. 

That's all the modules I own,.  


Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jannier said:

Hi Ray, I only have the MCP Pro from GoFlight and all the options on it works directly from the GoFlight drivers with the iFly 737NG . I cannot speak for other products.

If the GIT developers wants to make his product compatible with the iFly 737NG he can crab the SDK here: http://files.100megabyte.com/ifly/user files/737SDK_v1.11.zip 

Does that include LNAV and VNAV?

1 minute ago, psolk said:

GoFlight driver works with MCP and even multiple EFIS natively in prior iFly versions.  You could even select which side you wanted the EFIS to control.  MCP had full functionality same with LGT. 

That's all the modules I own,.  

See above. I just don’t see how LNAV and VNAV can work with the GoFlight driver alone unless GoFlight came to some special arrangement with iFly.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does that include LNAV and VNAV?

See above. I just don’t see how LNAV and VNAV can work with the GoFlight driver alone unless GoFlight came to some special arrangement with iFly.

All the buttons work, it has been for the last let me think back ................... 9 - 10 years. Nothing changed from our side either towards the new iFly Advanced Series 737NG just released for P3D v5.2+. Paul, Norm, myself included all been using the GoFlight MCP Pro straight with their drivers. And as I say, I do not know or cannot speak for other aircraft developers as to how or why theirs do not work. the iFly just works with it, and maybe that is why the GIT developer has not done anything towards the iFly as their is no need for that. And there is no special arrangements either, we just gave GoFlight the SDK and they produced the driver, just like I offered you the SDK which is available to anyone to send to the GIT developer if he has a desire to make his product compatible for iFly 737NG. 

 

  • Like 2

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does that include LNAV and VNAV?

See above. I just don’t see how LNAV and VNAV can work with the GoFlight driver alone unless GoFlight came to some special arrangement with iFly.

Yes.  Every function on the MCP worked.  Same with the EFIS.  I never loaded anything but GoFlight driver...

  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Jannier said:

And there is no special arrangements either, we just gave GoFlight the SDK and they produced the driver, just like I offered you the SDK which is available to anyone to send to the GIT developer if he has a desire to make his product compatible for iFly 737NG. 

Lucky iFly owners. I wonder why Steve bothered with his iFly driver then? Talking of GoFlight they appear to have ceased operations. Can you enlighten us as to their future plans if any?


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Lucky iFly owners. I wonder why Steve bothered with his iFly driver then? Talking of GoFlight they appear to have ceased operations. Can you enlighten us as to their future plans if any?

I have no idea about GoFlight or their operations. This driver was created 9 - 10 years ago.


Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jannier said:

I have no idea about GoFlight or their operations. This driver was created 9 - 10 years ago.

Thanks. So sad they appear to have shut down but with no official statement.

I bought several GoFlight units back in 2003. Still going strong 18 years later!

  • Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

Dang it...as I predicted, real life interrupted again, just when I was normalizing the "whiteness" of the tail and aligning the logo.  Looks good now and only a few more things to do.

Mmwx5i.png

 

  • Like 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's a requirement for all 737 functionality to work on the PMDG such as LNAV, VNAV etc. The basic GoFlight driver will only give you Hdg, V/Spd and the other standard P3D autopilot commands. I imagine it will be the same for the iFly.

If the GoFlight driver worked on specialist aircraft why would Steve write GIT? It works giving limited functionality.

I think GIT  was originally written to enable the GoFlight hardware to interface with PMDG but has changed beyond all recognition now and is an extremely powerful tool. So much so that I now use it to interface my MCPPro and EFIS with CaptainSim and Quality Wings aircraft, after a lot of programming and head scratching of course 😎

 

Norm

 

Edited by Knoblet
added
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...