Jump to content
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, rmeier said:

@Steve Dra,

You're really going to town with these repaints! Are you trying to make up for the ones Tavers should have done? Just kidding.

You are correct that not every commercial aircraft has a Selcal code...reserved to those used in transoceanic service and remote locations. Here is another link if you're interested to learn a little more about Selcal: https://www.icao.int/SAM/Documents/2019-06901-SAMIG23/SAMIG23_WP12 SELCAL.pdf

I've haven't purchased this iFly B737 model yet...flew the earlier version in P3D v4.5...A LOT!!! Your liveries are very tempting!

Keep up the great work!

Regards, Rob

when you've gotten it, please let me know if it works in 4.5, if it does i'd love to try it

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Rob!  FS Painters can have a friendly rivalry when on the same project, and we enjoy ribbing each other as much as any other profession when it appropriate.  Behind the scenes, both  @John_Tavendale and I know that we all have bodies of work we have to manage, and except for the beta teams we're both on, we don't know what other projects the other may be involved in, so we never get upset when an invitation is turned down. 😉  And of course even if that's not the case, I completely understand not wanting to paint a certain airframe, a certain dev's work, etc.   Calling out Carenado here...their texture maps are an absolute horror story, and I don't know a single painter who'll paint anything but a basic color change or rudimentary stripes that follow existing one's as a guide, as their maps have parts of the plane all over the place, on different maps, at different scales, etc.  Not painter-friendly to say the least. 🙄

Good morning Steve!

I hope I didn't insult you with my last comment on the iFly 737. If I did, I apologize.

I think the talent that you display/share is fantastic...as many others, I've followed your repaints for a long time...you pioneered shiny metal work even before relatively recent PBR textures. Your collaboration with Brian Thibodeaux is a bench mark, in my opinion. I certainly admire your talent! If it didn't come across in my previous post, I also think very highly of John Tavendale's work over the years as well. I have several repaints from all of you.

I fully understand what you're saying about Carenado's "paint kit"...and I use the expression "paint kit" loosely! I am a very amateur painter...a few liveries posted here at Avsim, a few at FSLabs (a couple buried deep in the PMDG forum) and one posted at CS ACE for the B767. I once painted a Pacific Coastal Airlines livery for the Carenado B1900...that one was truly a nightmare! I now fully understand/appreciate why repainters are unwilling to take requests on Carenado repaints outside of color changes to existing liveries/registration changes. My experience on the B1900 was that the textures weren't even at the same geometric angles from port side to starboard side (even after you found the correct panel to paint in their jig-saw puzzle...you couldn't easily copy the painted shapes from one side to the other)...nice job on Carenado's part...I could've been diagnosed with Tourette's while I was repainting that one!

Anyway...just wanted to reach out, say "Thanks" for all the great work you've done and the countless contributions you've made to so many here...Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

Regards, Rob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sem said:

when you've gotten it, please let me know if it works in 4.5, if it does i'd love to try it

Hey SEM...the texture maps are different between versions so this particular paint won't work in 4.5

 

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

Good morning Steve!

I hope I didn't insult you with my last comment on the iFly 737. If I did, I apologize.

I think the talent that you display/share is fantastic...as many others, I've followed your repaints for a long time...you pioneered shiny metal work even before relatively recent PBR textures. Your collaboration with Brian Thibodeaux is a bench mark, in my opinion. I certainly admire your talent! If it didn't come across in my previous post, I also think very highly of John Tavendale's work over the years as well. I have several repaints from all of you.

I fully understand what you're saying about Carenado's "paint kit"...and I use the expression "paint kit" loosely! I am a very amateur painter...a few liveries posted here at Avsim, a few at FSLabs (a couple buried deep in the PMDG forum) and one posted at CS ACE for the B767. I once painted a Pacific Coastal Airlines livery for the Carenado B1900...that one was truly a nightmare! I now fully understand/appreciate why repainters are unwilling to take requests on Carenado repaints outside of color changes to existing liveries/registration changes. My experience on the B1900 was that the textures weren't even at the same geometric angles from port side to starboard side (even after you found the correct panel to paint in their jig-saw puzzle...you couldn't easily copy the painted shapes from one side to the other)...nice job on Carenado's part...I could've been diagnosed with Tourette's while I was repainting that one!

Anyway...just wanted to reach out, say "Thanks" for all the great work you've done and the countless contributions you've made to so many here...Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

Regards, Rob

Hey Rob, In no way did you even come close to insulting me.  I rarely get insulted, or let attempts at them get to me.  I've been through too much in my life to sweat the small things, and words, no matter how harsh, rarely impact me to the point where I feel slighted. 🙂

I instantly identified your tort as a good-natured jab at John's reply to me....nothing more and I enjoyed it actually 🙂 

However, I am very impacted when fellow simmers take a moment to recognize and thank me for some of the work I've done over the years for the community. 😉  I can honestly say that, although I have an internal drive to contribute to the community, years of time in the paint booth takes its toll on motivation. Most paints I'd do for my personal enjoyment regardless, some I do as requests from simmers/friends that I'd never intend to fly/paint otherwise, and others range from charity work to fulling a contractual agreement.

Speaking of charity work....that has the biggest draw for me, as it actually impacts real people outside our small community. (mostly indirectly both helps just the same).  Not sure if you visit the PMDG forums, specifically the paint hangar, but I recently helped a fellow simmer requesting a special paint for his event (well 2 actually).   It was for a Children's Cancer hospital in Poland and his event wound up making $3000 US for the charity!  I was extremely proud and honored to be a small part of it.  You can see the Polish magazine article here: https://imagazine-pl.translate.goog/2021/11/02/zebralismy-ponad-12-tys-zl-dla-fundacji-na-ratunek-dzieciom-z-choroba-nowotworowa/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=nui

If you read thru it and see this text:

..."Direct payments to  the Na Ratunek foundation  (the amount is lower on the website, because the previous payments for painting have not been included)"


Rest assured that I refused any payment for the paint work.  Even though he was insistent, I made him the offer to take what he was going to pay me for the paint and add it to the donation pool. 😉  Worked out well for all parties 🙂 

You and yours have a great Thanksgiving holiday as well!

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey SEM...the texture maps are different between versions so this particular paint won't work in 4.5

I meant, see and work if the new V5 advanced 737 NG works in 4.5 😁

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sem said:

I meant, see and work if the new V5 advanced 737 NG works in 4.5 😁

Ahhh..I'd assume that would be a "no"....but I never reinstalled 4.5 after MSFS on a new machine....only have (or ever had ) V5 on this one so could not confirm.   I'd be pretty sure the 1st thing the iFly installer checks is the P3D version number. 😉

 

 


Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post

This one is out next from me:

zAqbuB.png

 

  • Like 1

Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Guys,

Just updating this thread in case some of you tagged it to keep up to date on what I've released so far.

Although it would be easy to just hit http://library.flight1.net/ to check what's been released, here is my current batch:

I liked Freddie so much I painted her in both reg's she wore (there is a back story that @Jannier and I can laugh at, but the end result was 2 paints of the same plane wearing different regs that Steve thought were the same airline) 🤔

KrAmKd.png

The Flysafair thumbnail shows her before I polished the engine intakes, but trust me that in the included paint, you can shave off the reflection in the engine leading edges! 😂

More to come.....soon®

 


Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Guys,

Just updating this thread in case some of you tagged it to keep up to date on what I've released so far.

Although it would be easy to just hit http://library.flight1.net/ to check what's been released, here is my current batch:

I liked Freddie so much I painted her in both reg's she wore (there is a back story that @Jannier and I can laugh at, but the end result was 2 paints of the same plane wearing different regs that Steve thought were the same airline) 🤔

KrAmKd.png

The Flysafair thumbnail shows her before I polished the engine intakes, but trust me that in the included paint, you can shave off the reflection in the engine leading edges! 😂

More to come.....soon®

 

Very nice and thanks again! Any chance you might consider doing a UAL paint?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, alex86 said:

Any chance you might consider doing a UAL paint?

Yes....however by this time I was sure the normal cast of livery painters, some who are UAL....uhhhh....fanatics? would have hopped on board and had ECO, Continental old, new, new new, Battleship, Saul Bass, Tulip and every livery UAL ever flew, done by now! 🤣 In other words, I didn't want to pop out a UAL too fast for that reason (and I'm just swamped with liveries in the queue right now to boot)....its kind of an unwritten rule in our small livery painter community. 🙂 

In fact...I've been communicating with a very talented painter who's already produced one livery for the iFly v5 version, and looking at his long list of paints I see a beautiful UAL in his paint hangar, "Evo Blue" is the scheme...the latest I think. 😉 

I'll drop a subtle hint that UAL is still open if he wants to convert that excellent livery to this platform, as he's done with others. 😉 

UAL will be in my queue as well, just in case things don't work out for whatever reason.  Of course we could put this whole UAL thing to rest if another fantastic painter would get onboard...but he's already bowed out. 🤔  (see....see that passive-aggressive method I used to guilt him into gifting us with his excellent UAL paints....just kidding of course, never miss a chance to have a good-natured jab at a fellow painter.) 😉

 


Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Yes....however by this time I was sure the normal cast of livery painters, some who are UAL....uhhhh....fanatics? would have hopped on board and had ECO, Continental old, new, new new, Battleship, Saul Bass, Tulip and every livery UAL ever flew, done by now! 🤣 In other words, I didn't want to pop out a UAL too fast for that reason (and I'm just swamped with liveries in the queue right now to boot)....its kind of an unwritten rule in our small livery painter community. 🙂 

In fact...I've been communicating with a very talented painter who's already produced one livery for the iFly v5 version, and looking at his long list of paints I see a beautiful UAL in his paint hangar, "Evo Blue" is the scheme...the latest I think. 😉 

I'll drop a subtle hint that UAL is still open if he wants to convert that excellent livery to this platform, as he's done with others. 😉 

UAL will be in my queue as well, just in case things don't work out for whatever reason.  Of course we could put this whole UAL thing to rest if another fantastic painter would get onboard...but he's already bowed out. 🤔  (see....see that passive-aggressive method I used to guilt him into gifting us with his excellent UAL paints....just kidding of course, never miss a chance to have a good-natured jab at a fellow painter.) 😉

 

I would’ve thought somebody would’ve come out with one by now too lol, but I do appreciate the courtesy you talented painters give each other. Either way, whenever a UAL paint comes out, I know I won’t be the only one excited about it! Let’s hope your subtle hints will get us somewhere 🙂

Edited by alex86

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, alex86 said:

Either way, whenever a UAL paint comes out

You guys will hear it here if I'm the one painting the 1st UAL out of the barn. 😉 


Regards,

Steve Dra

Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here
Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post

But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to this plane : ) Always great to have an alternative to the NGX, and the modelling of the iFly looks amazing (especially the flaps mechanism). 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

I am looking forward to this plane

Just to make sure, you do know it has been released and you can have it right now? 😊

Edited by Rafal
  • Upvote 1

Rafal Haczek

rh-a320-sl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...