Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Rob!  FS Painters can have a friendly rivalry when on the same project, and we enjoy ribbing each other as much as any other profession when it appropriate.  Behind the scenes, both  @John_Tavendale and I know that we all have bodies of work we have to manage, and except for the beta teams we're both on, we don't know what other projects the other may be involved in, so we never get upset when an invitation is turned down. 😉  And of course even if that's not the case, I completely understand not wanting to paint a certain airframe, a certain dev's work, etc.   Calling out Carenado here...their texture maps are an absolute horror story, and I don't know a single painter who'll paint anything but a basic color change or rudimentary stripes that follow existing one's as a guide, as their maps have parts of the plane all over the place, on different maps, at different scales, etc.  Not painter-friendly to say the least. 🙄

Good morning Steve!

I hope I didn't insult you with my last comment on the iFly 737. If I did, I apologize.

I think the talent that you display/share is fantastic...as many others, I've followed your repaints for a long time...you pioneered shiny metal work even before relatively recent PBR textures. Your collaboration with Brian Thibodeaux is a bench mark, in my opinion. I certainly admire your talent! If it didn't come across in my previous post, I also think very highly of John Tavendale's work over the years as well. I have several repaints from all of you.

I fully understand what you're saying about Carenado's "paint kit"...and I use the expression "paint kit" loosely! I am a very amateur painter...a few liveries posted here at Avsim, a few at FSLabs (a couple buried deep in the PMDG forum) and one posted at CS ACE for the B767. I once painted a Pacific Coastal Airlines livery for the Carenado B1900...that one was truly a nightmare! I now fully understand/appreciate why repainters are unwilling to take requests on Carenado repaints outside of color changes to existing liveries/registration changes. My experience on the B1900 was that the textures weren't even at the same geometric angles from port side to starboard side (even after you found the correct panel to paint in their jig-saw puzzle...you couldn't easily copy the painted shapes from one side to the other)...nice job on Carenado's part...I could've been diagnosed with Tourette's while I was repainting that one!

Anyway...just wanted to reach out, say "Thanks" for all the great work you've done and the countless contributions you've made to so many here...Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

Regards, Rob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sem said:

when you've gotten it, please let me know if it works in 4.5, if it does i'd love to try it

Hey SEM...the texture maps are different between versions so this particular paint won't work in 4.5

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

Good morning Steve!

I hope I didn't insult you with my last comment on the iFly 737. If I did, I apologize.

I think the talent that you display/share is fantastic...as many others, I've followed your repaints for a long time...you pioneered shiny metal work even before relatively recent PBR textures. Your collaboration with Brian Thibodeaux is a bench mark, in my opinion. I certainly admire your talent! If it didn't come across in my previous post, I also think very highly of John Tavendale's work over the years as well. I have several repaints from all of you.

I fully understand what you're saying about Carenado's "paint kit"...and I use the expression "paint kit" loosely! I am a very amateur painter...a few liveries posted here at Avsim, a few at FSLabs (a couple buried deep in the PMDG forum) and one posted at CS ACE for the B767. I once painted a Pacific Coastal Airlines livery for the Carenado B1900...that one was truly a nightmare! I now fully understand/appreciate why repainters are unwilling to take requests on Carenado repaints outside of color changes to existing liveries/registration changes. My experience on the B1900 was that the textures weren't even at the same geometric angles from port side to starboard side (even after you found the correct panel to paint in their jig-saw puzzle...you couldn't easily copy the painted shapes from one side to the other)...nice job on Carenado's part...I could've been diagnosed with Tourette's while I was repainting that one!

Anyway...just wanted to reach out, say "Thanks" for all the great work you've done and the countless contributions you've made to so many here...Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

Regards, Rob

Hey Rob, In no way did you even come close to insulting me.  I rarely get insulted, or let attempts at them get to me.  I've been through too much in my life to sweat the small things, and words, no matter how harsh, rarely impact me to the point where I feel slighted. 🙂

I instantly identified your tort as a good-natured jab at John's reply to me....nothing more and I enjoyed it actually 🙂 

However, I am very impacted when fellow simmers take a moment to recognize and thank me for some of the work I've done over the years for the community. 😉  I can honestly say that, although I have an internal drive to contribute to the community, years of time in the paint booth takes its toll on motivation. Most paints I'd do for my personal enjoyment regardless, some I do as requests from simmers/friends that I'd never intend to fly/paint otherwise, and others range from charity work to fulling a contractual agreement.

Speaking of charity work....that has the biggest draw for me, as it actually impacts real people outside our small community. (mostly indirectly both helps just the same).  Not sure if you visit the PMDG forums, specifically the paint hangar, but I recently helped a fellow simmer requesting a special paint for his event (well 2 actually).   It was for a Children's Cancer hospital in Poland and his event wound up making $3000 US for the charity!  I was extremely proud and honored to be a small part of it.  You can see the Polish magazine article here: https://imagazine-pl.translate.goog/2021/11/02/zebralismy-ponad-12-tys-zl-dla-fundacji-na-ratunek-dzieciom-z-choroba-nowotworowa/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=nui

If you read thru it and see this text:

..."Direct payments to  the Na Ratunek foundation  (the amount is lower on the website, because the previous payments for painting have not been included)"

Rest assured that I refused any payment for the paint work.  Even though he was insistent, I made him the offer to take what he was going to pay me for the paint and add it to the donation pool. 😉  Worked out well for all parties 🙂 

You and yours have a great Thanksgiving holiday as well!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey SEM...the texture maps are different between versions so this particular paint won't work in 4.5

I meant, see and work if the new V5 advanced 737 NG works in 4.5 😁

3 hours ago, sem said:

I meant, see and work if the new V5 advanced 737 NG works in 4.5 😁

Ahhh..I'd assume that would be a "no"....but I never reinstalled 4.5 after MSFS on a new machine....only have (or ever had ) V5 on this one so could not confirm.   I'd be pretty sure the 1st thing the iFly installer checks is the P3D version number. 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

This one is out next from me:

zAqbuB.png

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Guys,

Just updating this thread in case some of you tagged it to keep up to date on what I've released so far.

Although it would be easy to just hit http://library.flight1.net/ to check what's been released, here is my current batch:

I liked Freddie so much I painted her in both reg's she wore (there is a back story that @Jannier and I can laugh at, but the end result was 2 paints of the same plane wearing different regs that Steve thought were the same airline) 🤔

KrAmKd.png

The Flysafair thumbnail shows her before I polished the engine intakes, but trust me that in the included paint, you can shave off the reflection in the engine leading edges! 😂

More to come.....soon®

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Guys,

Just updating this thread in case some of you tagged it to keep up to date on what I've released so far.

Although it would be easy to just hit http://library.flight1.net/ to check what's been released, here is my current batch:

I liked Freddie so much I painted her in both reg's she wore (there is a back story that @Jannier and I can laugh at, but the end result was 2 paints of the same plane wearing different regs that Steve thought were the same airline) 🤔

KrAmKd.png

The Flysafair thumbnail shows her before I polished the engine intakes, but trust me that in the included paint, you can shave off the reflection in the engine leading edges! 😂

More to come.....soon®

Very nice and thanks again! Any chance you might consider doing a UAL paint?

1 minute ago, alex86 said:

Any chance you might consider doing a UAL paint?

Yes....however by this time I was sure the normal cast of livery painters, some who are UAL....uhhhh....fanatics? would have hopped on board and had ECO, Continental old, new, new new, Battleship, Saul Bass, Tulip and every livery UAL ever flew, done by now! 🤣 In other words, I didn't want to pop out a UAL too fast for that reason (and I'm just swamped with liveries in the queue right now to boot)....its kind of an unwritten rule in our small livery painter community. 🙂 

In fact...I've been communicating with a very talented painter who's already produced one livery for the iFly v5 version, and looking at his long list of paints I see a beautiful UAL in his paint hangar, "Evo Blue" is the scheme...the latest I think. 😉 

I'll drop a subtle hint that UAL is still open if he wants to convert that excellent livery to this platform, as he's done with others. 😉 

UAL will be in my queue as well, just in case things don't work out for whatever reason.  Of course we could put this whole UAL thing to rest if another fantastic painter would get onboard...but he's already bowed out. 🤔  (see....see that passive-aggressive method I used to guilt him into gifting us with his excellent UAL paints....just kidding of course, never miss a chance to have a good-natured jab at a fellow painter.) 😉

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Yes....however by this time I was sure the normal cast of livery painters, some who are UAL....uhhhh....fanatics? would have hopped on board and had ECO, Continental old, new, new new, Battleship, Saul Bass, Tulip and every livery UAL ever flew, done by now! 🤣 In other words, I didn't want to pop out a UAL too fast for that reason (and I'm just swamped with liveries in the queue right now to boot)....its kind of an unwritten rule in our small livery painter community. 🙂 

In fact...I've been communicating with a very talented painter who's already produced one livery for the iFly v5 version, and looking at his long list of paints I see a beautiful UAL in his paint hangar, "Evo Blue" is the scheme...the latest I think. 😉 

I'll drop a subtle hint that UAL is still open if he wants to convert that excellent livery to this platform, as he's done with others. 😉 

UAL will be in my queue as well, just in case things don't work out for whatever reason.  Of course we could put this whole UAL thing to rest if another fantastic painter would get onboard...but he's already bowed out. 🤔  (see....see that passive-aggressive method I used to guilt him into gifting us with his excellent UAL paints....just kidding of course, never miss a chance to have a good-natured jab at a fellow painter.) 😉

I would’ve thought somebody would’ve come out with one by now too lol, but I do appreciate the courtesy you talented painters give each other. Either way, whenever a UAL paint comes out, I know I won’t be the only one excited about it! Let’s hope your subtle hints will get us somewhere 🙂

Edited by alex86

11 hours ago, alex86 said:

Either way, whenever a UAL paint comes out

You guys will hear it here if I'm the one painting the 1st UAL out of the barn. 😉 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to this plane : ) Always great to have an alternative to the NGX, and the modelling of the iFly looks amazing (especially the flaps mechanism). 

6 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

I am looking forward to this plane

Just to make sure, you do know it has been released and you can have it right now? 😊

Edited by Rafal
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Just to make sure, you do know it has been released and you can have it right now? 😊

Wow 😮 Will definitely check it out during the weekend..

I thought it was not released yet as I went to the old iFly website and found no mention of it. 

Does anyone know how performance with the iFly 737 compared to the PMDG jets/Maddog etc? 

1 hour ago, Ikarus280 said:

Does anyone know how performance with the iFly 737 compared to the PMDG jets/Maddog etc?

I'd be interested in that too...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png