Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V4 -Su6 RELEASED

This is a copy of what I posted today in the "what's working, what's not..." thread after the major update.  This might be specific to my controller, but I thought I'd put it out there...

RY's Turbo G36 now (for me) almost uncontrollable in takeoff roll.  Also, ground steering response totally borked.  I deleted and recreated my controller settings to no avail.  Initially, taxi required almost full right rudder - when throttle closed, it still required almost full right rudder (which shouldn't happen when no power is being replied).

Expecting major torque on takeoff, but now I needed almost full left rudder!  Then, even that wasn't enough and she began to drift to right.  Reached rotation speed and pulling the stick back gave me no response - I eventually lifted off with the stick almost in my crotch.

Now airborne and she's responding normally...

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

26 minutes ago, RandallR said:

RY's Turbo G36 now (for me) almost uncontrollable in takeoff roll.  Also, ground steering response totally borked.  I deleted and recreated my controller settings to no avail.  Initially, taxi required almost full right rudder - when throttle closed, it still required almost full right rudder (which shouldn't happen when no power is being replied).

Expecting major torque on takeoff, but now I needed almost full left rudder!  Then, even that wasn't enough and she began to drift to right.  Reached rotation speed and pulling the stick back gave me no response - I eventually lifted off with the stick almost in my crotch.

Not seeing any of that. Ground handling seems quite normal compared to SU6. I'm using a Thrustmaster T16000 joystick and TM throttle with no additional coding.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

26 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

Not seeing any of that. Ground handling seems quite normal compared to SU6. I'm using a Thrustmaster T16000 joystick and TM throttle with no additional coding.

My controllers are identical to yours - in-flight was OK.  Just landed a few minutes ago and now have almost complete loss of control in ground handling.  Hoping that everything will correct after another reboot...

Randall Rocke

My rudder wasn't working properly after the update. Once I rebind it in the controls, everything was working as expected.

41 minutes ago, RandallR said:

My controllers are identical to yours - in-flight was OK.  Just landed a few minutes ago and now have almost complete loss of control in ground handling.  Hoping that everything will correct after another reboot...

Somebody else in the “what works…what doesn’t” thread mentioned a similar issue with one of the Cessna’s. It may be an issue affecting other aircraft and not just the Bonanza.

I did notice this issue with the RY turbo myself and thought it may be a problem with one of my settings, but I couldn’t see any issues. Haven’t had a chance to look at it again, but for the record, I also use the Thrustmaster T16000

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

1 minute ago, Azoresst said:

My rudder wasn't working properly after the update. Once I rebind it in the controls, everything was working as expected.

I’ll have to try that.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

3 hours ago, RandallR said:

Just landed a few minutes ago and now have almost complete loss of control in ground handling. 

Seeing the same thing.  Toe brakes OK, rudder control lacking..

Update: after setting my rudder control to FSUIPC, I have my rudder function back.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

update turned most everything to default, including mouse, controls and turned all accessibility items to "easy" . you might have to go thru most options and check.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, Azoresst said:

Did you delete your controller profile and recreate it from scratch?

Randall Rocke

For those having controllability issues after SU7, please select DEFAULT for each of your Controllers, and then re-enable your custom settings.  That seems to have fixed it for me. I am just now working through the envelope, and things are looking quite good. 

I am sure that @robert youngwill pop by if there are insurmountable obstacles.  At the moment, his lovely aeroplane seems to be working just fine, and benefiting from the latest WT NXi update. This now moves the NXi into premium glass territory. The capabilities are beginning to approach the real deal, and the banana and whip are very welcome additions- thanks WT!

PLEASE , PLEASE disconnect the automatics and hand fly this beautiful aeroplane.  I have no G36 time, but I have lot's of A36 time (sans the glass) and I can unequivocally say that the flight feel experience after SU7 is as close to the real thing as I have ever felt behind a plank of Alder. You owe it to yourself to spend time with the yoke and rudder pedals...

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

21 hours ago, RandallR said:

Did you delete your controller profile and recreate it from scratch?

Negative. I just rebind the Rudder. Everything else was working fine.

Just curious - does anyone else have problems with re-engaging the autopilot, after first using it and then disengaging it? 

I like to use this plane with the Nxi to practice approaches in low weather, on vatsim if available.  The autopilot is helpful to not bust a clearance while plugging the next approach in ;).  But it seems that after using the autopilot and then clicking it off, when I try to re-engage it on the missed, it won't take.  Sometimes I can get several engagements / disengagements before it stops working, but it seems it always does at some point.  Once it fails, it can never be engaged again in any flight guidance mode for the remainder of the session. 

Anyone else? And would this be an airplane issue or an Nxi issue? 

Thanks! 

Andrew Crowley

8 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Just curious - does anyone else have problems with re-engaging the autopilot, after first using it and then disengaging it? 

I like to use this plane with the Nxi to practice approaches in low weather, on vatsim if available.  The autopilot is helpful to not bust a clearance while plugging the next approach in ;).  But it seems that after using the autopilot and then clicking it off, when I try to re-engage it on the missed, it won't take.  Sometimes I can get several engagements / disengagements before it stops working, but it seems it always does at some point.  Once it fails, it can never be engaged again in any flight guidance mode for the remainder of the session. 

Anyone else? And would this be an airplane issue or an Nxi issue? 

Thanks! 

I am having this problem in several aircraft.  It seems to be a mouse issue - when I place the cursor over a knob (e.g. Alt or AP) and see a hand appear and then click - sometimes nothing happens.  If I move the cursor just a mm or two, the hand remains in place but when I click the button works.  This is new, IMHO, to SU7 - it used to be that WHEN the cursor hand appeared - then the button always worked but that is not the case, at least on my system, since SU7.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I had a similar problem with the FBW 320 Experimental soon after SU7. Turns out the problem was the "Lens Correction" setting, somehow messing up the cursor hit-point. 

Turned it off and pinpoint accuracy on all knobs and switches once again .

Worth a try, although I haven't tested on the Bonanza Turbo.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow