Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

12 hours ago, sim4life said:

the attitude we see in here

Which attitude are you referring to?

You can look at the numbers and analyze what caused this and try and turn it around and prevent it from happening again

...or you can have another look and see the advantages of how it was done, which were mentioned here already.

jump on every one who express an opinion in here that is not "the right one".

If by "not the right one" you mean disagreeing with you, then yes, that is the case. Nothing wrong with that. You disagree with me, too.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, Daube said:

And that's also a reason many of us actually use MSFS so much.

This is Prepar3D forum. Stop shoving your sim in our faces. We won't change sim because of your opinion, because, unlike you, we approve the FDM and the control surfaces of P3D. Stop comparing your sim to ours, I repeat, this is Prepar3D forum, your sim does not matter here. 

If I wanted to use MSFS, I would use it. There was no need for someone to come here and do (even more) advertising. I tested it, saw the Pros and Cons, and decided to stick with what I had (Prepar3D) and explained why at the time.

Why do some people get bothered by our choices? There's a certain user (I won't mention names) who seems like they won't rest until there's no more Prepar3D user left. Gentlemen, it's possible to have both installed at the same time!

Instead of coming here and saying that 'Prepar3D is dead', you should be flying in the wonderful world of MSFS. That's what I would do...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

In anycase...

There is an interesting thread in the MSFS forum regarding the MSFS flight model shortcomings with a few links to dev posts as well.

Upon reading I would say there's a bit to go still, but then again there is the issue of...backwards compatability and all the workarounds already in place in existing aircraft it seems.

I for one am happy with P3D and its current level of backwards compatibility, and the flight model while not perfect, does fit the bill pretty well overall.

Links: for the gist of things.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/10019/how-does-the-need-for-accurate-geometry-balance-ag.html

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/all-that-is-wrong-with-the-msfs-flight-model-inertia-stalling-pitch-authority-trim-sensitivity/379936

Full thread:

Also (and since there appears to be many MSFS users poking their nose into this thread) does anyone know if this type of stall is simulated in the MSFS FM ?

Edited by Rogen
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

Also (and since there appears to be many MSFS users poking their nose into this thread) does anyone know if this type of stall is simulated in the MSFS FM ?

😂

’nuf said

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

Is this the A2A Comanche? If it is, I would say this kind of behaviour is much more related to the aircraft itself, than to the default FM of the sim. I'd suggest to wait until A2A releases their new Comanche in the next weeks and then compare both products directly.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

8 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

NOT TRUE.

I cancelled my Ultimate sub.2 weeks ago, got a complete refund and then was able to sub. for just data.

Yea, Ray told me where to find that. I got my annual AIRAC subscription last night so I’m good.

Edited by Patco Lch

Vic green

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

so  flying  high  in p3d  gives  you pleasure  than 🙂

Yes.  That is so because it's combined with all the other advantages I experience in P3d.  The simplicity of changing aircraft, quickly stopping the sim and rewinding it to see a takeoff or landing without having to change any parameters in the sim, and enjoying the quick loading of scenery within 30 seconds or so make this sim so user friendly and very comprehensive.  The military trusts Lockheed, and so do I. The future is indeed bright.

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patco Lch said:

Yea, Ray told me where to find that. I got my annual AIRAC subscription last night so I’m good.

Did I mention my commission? 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If people want to hate on P3d, go to the Flightsim Studios discord chat; plenty of BS there.

• Upvote 1

I just don`t get this thread started 2021 still going 2023 why, use the sim of your choice and use the forum that supports it, you are not forced to buy the next P3Dxxxx do your own thing, is that not what Avsim is all about.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, PavlinS said:

This is Prepar3D forum. Stop shoving your sim in our faces. We won't change sim because of your opinion, because, unlike you, we approve the FDM and the control surfaces of P3D. Stop comparing your sim to ours, I repeat, this is Prepar3D forum, your sim does not matter here. 

Relax, nobody is "shoving his sim to your face". I'm also a P3D customer, since v2 up to v4. And because this is a P3D forum, nothing (especially not you) prevents me from expressing my feelings about P3D's current situation and potential future. You think comparisons with other sims are not welcome here? You're wrong.

5 minutes ago, Daube said:

You think comparisons with other sims are not welcome here? You're wrong.

So many topics descend into “my sim is better than your sim” arguments and get locked. So no, don’t discuss MSFS in this forum.

If anyone wants to start such a comparison start it in neutral territory. The Hangar Chat forum.

Just one rule. Respect the opinions of others even those whom you you disagree with.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Rogen

Maybe I don't get what's so special about that stall ?

Other that the fact that it's not P3D simulating that stall, but the Accusim engine instead, I did have a few similar crashes when trying to catch some thermals in a glider in MSFS, yes.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Large post in quoted reply removed.
  • Upvote 1