Sign in to follow this  
remcosol

Future of p3d ?

Our friend has been given a week’s holiday.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Lol Ray…….”Never wrestle with Pigs. Even if you win, you both get muddy and the Pig loves it!!

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Are we sure that isn't just Multisim with a new account...?

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I am still waiting for the explanation of why the scenery building process in MSFS is different to that in P3D or XPlane, but I guess that I will have to wait a bit longer :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I am still waiting for the explanation of why the scenery building process in MSFS is different to that in P3D or XPlane, but I guess that I will have to wait a bit longer :smile:

Maybe you're waiting because this thread is about P3D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I haven’t got a horse in this race but I really can’t see what any of the above has to do with ‘Future of p3d?’

Well, I know everyone is getting ready for the huge flight sim convention coming up in June.

I'd like to see what the sims brings back from the flight sim convention.

If P3D will be juming for a upgrade of version five, or to version six.

I hope that they're more accessible to we who need to use a screen reader/synthesizer to interact with our computers.

I'd also love to see a Dassault Falcon 8 X or for short a DF8X for this rich playboy flight sim pilot. LOL.

I miss the good old days of FSX.

So, there you have my two cents on this topic.

Ron AKA the Blind Pilot.

And in the real world Blind ham radio operator call sign of KR3DOG

2 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

I'd also love to see a Dassault Falcon 8 X or for short a DF8X for this rich playboy flight sim pilot. LOL.

Wilco have a 7X that is compatible with P3Dv4. There’s a reasonable chance it will work with v5. I have the Vertx DA62 designed for v4 and with a couple of Registry entries to fool the installer v4 is installed it runs fine in v5.3HF2.

https://www.wilcopub.com/falcon-7x-fsx-p3d-6878.html

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Wilco have a 7X that is compatible with P3Dv4. There’s a reasonable chance it will work with v5.

I have bad compatibility experience with this one. Don't expect this to run in v5. I know, many planes work fine, but this one certainly not.

• Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

11 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am still waiting for the explanation of why the scenery building process in MSFS is different to that in P3D or XPlane,

From what I understand, an outfit called Blackshark AI uses some proprietary process to analyze the satellite imagery and determine what type of 3d object to render.  The AI part may mean that it learns over time, I suppose through manual correction, and gets better and better at rendering the right objects in the right places.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

13 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

From what I understand, an outfit called Blackshark AI uses some proprietary process to analyze the satellite imagery and determine what type of 3d object to render.  The AI part may mean that it learns over time, I suppose through manual correction, and gets better and better at rendering the right objects in the right places.

Dave, I suggest you check my Ortho scenery topic, because that's how you'll understand what Christopher is talking about. Won't go into details, because it's not the place.  

9 hours ago, PavlinS said:

Dave, I suggest you check my Ortho scenery topic, because that's how you'll understand what Christopher is talking about. Won't go into details, because it's not the place.  

But Dave just gave you an simple explanation on how the scenery building process works in MSFS because that was what he asked for.

BTW, I think you should stop that egocentric behavior and treating anybody else like they don't have any idea what they are talking about. what you are currently doing has been done for many of us a long time ago, thanks to a healthy and helpful community we were able to develop our own ortho scenery. For instance I already have Qatar photoscenery merged with the Autogen developed by @MatthiasKNU since 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

10 hours ago, PavlinS said:

@PavlinS
A huge request:
Could you please stop with all this ORTHO nonsense!!!
You have opened a separate topic for it anyway - would be nice if you could limit your so-called 'Ortho knowledge' to this topic, if it is really so important to you !
Otherwise, I don't think that this 'ancient topic' Ortho-Scenery really interests anyone but you !!!!

Please understand my point of view, but it's getting really annoying....

regards

ggerolamo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

Could you please stop with all this ORTHO nonsense!!!

Sorry. Christopher had an argument about this in my topic. I did not brought it up, he brought it up on the different place. So how about stop quoting me and read before responding. There the guy we are talking about said that I am doing something that was " popular 10 years ago" and suggested that I should learn Unreal Engine 5.1 to learn scenery. Is not my fault that he decided to pickup this subject here as well. So how about stop being rude towards me? 

It's not my fault that the banned guy decided to come to my thread and talk about stuff that has nothing to do with it and I even reported those messages, because they were twisting the subject. It is also not my fault that Christopher asked specifically in my thread when the guy in question is going to give explanation of the argument they had in my thread. 

I am not talking about my ortho stuff here, I am talking about an argument that by accident happen in my thread. This does not mean I bring my ortho subject back here again. It will be disconnected me to talk about the subject in my thread, when everyone else are talking about it in this one. That includes you as well. 

And just for information, after your last response in my thread about the subject that thread became 4 pages, next time you check before you speak about me. I am talking specifically about Sim4Life messages, not my scenery projects. 

And just to clarify, right now I feel abused by your responses about me. 

Edited by PavlinS

@PavlinS, you’ve explained why you felt it necessary to post in this topic about your Ortho project.

Let that be an end to this discussion. P3D only from now on. If anyone wishes to continue the discussion with Pavlin do so on his topic, not here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I probably contributed to the slight disturbance in the Force, as my question to the briefly departed was actually in another thread. My apologies for that.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png