Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

PMDG Update - A quick round of updates on various topics acr

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I can't help myself but I LOVE those open messages from PMDG. It feels really authentic and eyeopening.
Me personally I have switched back to P3D 5.3; that's where PMDG shines (and GSX and ActiveSky and and and...). I hope PMDG gets all they need from Asobo ASAP, because I'm well aware that MSFS is the future and I will surely be coming back some time in the future (unless commercial pressure my Microsoft completely derails MSFS' development to a real simulator... I still fear that possibility).

Indeed, in the meanwhile for those who enjoy airliner ops simulation, MFS is not the best option.

I believe the marketing will win for a long time, trying to keep the xBox and PC more arcade-oriented user base solid and bring funds to the project.

But as others pointed out there are minimal hooks that the SDK must provide, even if a totally external flight and systems modelling approach is followed. Access to weather data doesn't have to be that complex because IRL only forecasts are used if input to the FMS for properly planning stuff like VNAV, but a good interface to weather parameters arround the aircraft is important.

I hope that the arcade spirit doesn't gain the game, and those more interested in detailled simulation of flight and operations can have their expectations met one day.

I still believe in MFS, and while I too have gotten back to P3D and look fwd for the release of XP12, I consider that so far MFS is the best looking civil flightsim ever !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I get the issue regarding weather but really don't understand what that has to do with arcade or sim vise versa.  

• Like 3

Based on what Randazzo wrote, a second half 2022 release of the 737 could be possible.  Randazzo said he has made some requests to Microsoft/Asobo and even if Microsoft/Asobo acted on those requests today, it could take several months before those requests to be coded, tested, and then revised, etc.  

I'm going to go with the assumption that Microsoft/Asobo can act on those requests, but not immediately.  So perhaps Microsoft/Asobo need 2 months before they can start work on it.  Give another few months to code it, test it, and then revise it based on feedback from PMDG.  That's looking like a possible second half 2022 release date for the 737, if I am analyzing this correctly.

I hope it's not a second half of 2022 release and that it's released earlier, but it's definitely possible, based on what Randazzo wrote.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

"Unfortunately, the lack of adequate debugging tools, combined with a series of problems that were introduced to the developer tools with the release of SU7 caused extensive build-times and CTDs when working in the developer environment and this brought all 737 development to a stop for a few weeks unexpectedly."

This has obviously been a hot topic on the developer forums.  I know we 'end users' have stuff to contend with, but the developers have had it rough since SU7, and their frustration shows.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yeah, very strange info and I am really surprised regarding the 737 release. I didnt expect 2021 release but till today I thought that Q1 2022 will be 100% possible, not anymore it seems. 

Its strange becasue PMDG seems to cooperate with Asobo since last few months (at least). What is more about 1.5 months ago RR was very confident with the before Christmas release. What happened since this 1.5 months that PMDG is not confident giving specific date. 

So the PMDG 737NG around the end of 2022...🤣

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just now, pmplayer said:

So the PMDG 737NG around the end of 2022...🤣

cheers 😉

That's kind of what I am thinking as well. If it even lands in 2022... This is such a bummer TBH. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Microsoft should replace Asobo with the guys from DCS, at least they are listening and delivering.......

Carsten U

MS really need to evaluate their direction. If PMDG recieved help they needed to implement these changes, all of them would have made an utter fortune when the PMDG 737was released. Far more than Reno, or any other gammy addon could. MSFS is now at a turning point, which way will they go?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

23 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Microsoft should replace Asobo with the guys from DCS, at least they are listening and delivering.......

This... this HAS to be sarcasm, right??  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Just now, Stearmandriver said:

This... this HAS to be sarcasm, right??  

kind of..

Carsten U

26 minutes ago, Car147 said:

MSFS is now at a turning point, which way will they go?

We all know the answer to that. Top gun! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Man, this fella should write press statements for 10 Downing Street…! 

RSR has always been overly verbose to my liking ... Don't forget that he did run for local office back in (2012?) and failed, but I guess - once a politician, always a politician 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Haha figured. I mean I do love what DCS has achieved, but from a business-practice standpoint, yikes.  

The Hornet of today that's set to exit early access is very different than the Hornet that was promised when we bought into early access.  MSI and data cartridge support dropped, entire radar modes missing and bugs in every existing one, the flight model review shelved...  😬.  Then there's the supercarrier, seemingly abandoned since release...

And those are just the models I'm personally familiar with, but you certainly hear griping about the others.  It's still far and away the best naval aviation and air combat experience available in a desktop sim, but I'm not sure they're the team to use as an example of how to do things right...  😉

• Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley