Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

10 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

One of our goals is to offer quite a bit of choice in a great interface that is easy to use. 

One question Mike: Do I need to have the app loaded in the background for it to work? 

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Looking out the window over the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Suisse and Italy Bijang  season mask is working very well.

And the trees are looking good too.

Regarding REX : I am waiting for more user experiences.

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

The REX team are currently prototyping similar terrain coloring and are looking forward to implementing this in the future. 

Would that be included within the existing product or will it be another module/expansion/addon that requires an additional purchase?

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

"Accu", "Automatic", "Dynamic".  Fancy terms as usual with REX while keeping the details vague.  The fall colors in Florida is an immediate buzzkill for me.  So it sets seasonal colors based on your location in-sim but then doesn't change?  If I fly from the NY to Florida I will have Fall colors the entire way?  If so, I am not really sure what is meant by dynamic, automatic, etc.  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have been using Bijans trees, and flying all over the world from the Northwest Territories of Canada to the Tropics, and I love the way everything looks, so I am sticking with Bijan. 

Bijan's product has been available for months and is excellent. His attention to detail and response time to issues is second to none. Regarding this talk of automated set and forget installations, it literally takes less than half a minute to change seasons when one is ready to do so, and you can "forget" about it for several months until the next season arrives if you so choose. I actually had my own season and trees mod I created for my own use, and recently picked up Bijan's add-on because of it's excellence. Nothing against REX, but I will be sticking with Bijan as well.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Ken

5 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Bijan's product has been available for months and is excellent. His attention to detail and response time to issues is second to none. Regarding this talk of automated set and forget installations, it literally takes less than half a minute to change seasons when one is ready to do so, and you can "forget" about it for several months until the next season arrives if you so choose. I actually had my own season and trees mod I created for my own use, and recently picked up Bijan's add-on because of it's excellence. Nothing against REX, but I will be sticking with Bijan as well.

And Bijan has already had several updates to his program one just this week. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Great to see REX is coming out with a season-related product; competition is always good for the customer 🙂

I got Bijan's seasons pack but to be honest, stopped using it. I mean the idea of changing colours depending on the seasons is great, however all this effort in the final is put down by two major drawback of the sim:

• The types of trees (broadleaf / coniferous) is very wrong at least in Europe in places that I know. The broadleaved types prevail in the sim, while IRL there are large areas of coniferous forests. Perhaps Asobo takes data from openstreetmaps but this source is very uncomplete (again, at least for Europe). There are other publicly available sources with much more precise data about the type of forests (both in polygon as well as raster formats). Why Asobo is not using them is a mystery for me. Applying autumn colours to all-broadleaved forests in the mountains may look nice but is weird at best.
  • Winter is just not believable: roads are under a snow-cover (as well as runways, usually) and lakes are frozen (which they may get frozen usually only under quite specific conditions). So why to use a winter-themed colours / models if the winter as such is actually pretty badly depicted by the sim?

I believe that MSFS will improve in the aspects cited above. Then, to have such an addon like Bijan's or REX's will be a great addition to our desktop flying 👍

However until that time I see little sense in applying an advanced tech to something with broken fundamentals.

Edited by apollon01

I don't know what is so complicated on the term "Automatic".

It means nothing more than the tree sets will be installed based on the date and time of the operating system. 

If you choose "Automatic installation", a daily windows task will be created which will install the correct trees for the current operting system time. You can install these sets manually by choosing "Manual Dynamic installation", too.

At the end everybody needs to decide for hisself, if this is a better option then the Bijans version.

Patric

Edited by pscharff
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, pmplayer said:

What be interesting to see is, is there a frameratehit in the automation setup of the season change, so a little one would be acceptable but to hard would be a killer ?

Dynamic season automation does not impact framerates because when it is time to move from one time period in the season to the next, the data is loaded when you are not in the sim. Hope that helps answer the question. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

33 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Would that be included within the existing product or will it be another module/expansion/addon that requires an additional purchase?

This would be part of the AccuSeason product, therefore would not be an additional purchase. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

14 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

I agree, I hardly see the downside of having to manually setup the Bijan's season 4-ish times a year.  At about 15 second's each time, that comes out to a grand total of 1 minute of setup time each year.  Considering many of us spend many minutes before each flight setting up a flight plan, loadout, etc, I think the extra one minute per year spent setting up Bijan's seasons is time well spent. 😉

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Dynamic season automation does not impact framerates because when it is time to move from one time period in the season to the next, the data is loaded when you are not in the sim. Hope that helps answer the question. 

Have a question .. As a present Florida resident.. and knowing that the screenshot shown in this thread is nowhere near what it should look like due to the vegetation being a bit less affected vegetation wise by the seasons compared to the north will this discrepancy get addressed ? Does anyone have screenshots of the Caribbean in the winter to ensure that its foliage is unaffected as well ?

As for the guys singing Bijans praises in the REX THREAD without adding anything else. Can y'all please give the new product some space to breathe please ? We get it .. you like their product.. fine.. respect the fact that this product is new and this thread is to discuss its merits and faults so the developer has the opportunity to address them.

Thanks

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

50 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

One question Mike: Do I need to have the app loaded in the background for it to work? 

Thanks for the question Carlos. You do not need to have the app loaded in the background for it to work. If you are wanting to apply a preset, you can do so when you are not in-sim (meaning the sim is not running at that time). Once you apply the preset in AccuSeason and the data is loaded in the sim, then fire up MSFS. You can shut down AccuSeason at that point if you want to.

If you are going the dynamic season route, the you would want to start AccuSeason sometime when the dynamic season change occurs. For instance, in September, vegetation in the northern hemisphere changes on a weekly basis, so there are basically five changes that occur on the following dates: Sept. 1, Sept. 7, Sept. 14, Sept. 21, and Sept. 29. If you have AccuSeason running in the background, the app will update the data on the dates mentioned above automatically. If you do not have AccuSeason running in the background, all you have to do is open the app and the app will read your system date and update the AccuSeason data into your sim. 

Hope that helps answer your question Carlos. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 minute ago, MikeT707 said:

Hope that helps answer your question Carlos. 

It does, thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

11 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

I agree, I hardly see the downside of having to manually setup the Bijan's season 4-ish times a year.  At about 15 second's each time, that comes out to a grand total of 1 minute of setup time each year. 

I also agree that this is not too much of a time investment to manually setup Bijan's mod. I do want to point out that if you are going the dynamic season route with AccuSeason, that changes occur in many places more than one time per season. With AccuSeason, vegetation changes within the season, so as an example, vegetation in the northern hemisphere during autumn to winter changes weekly.

If you go to the product website at: https://rexsimulations.com/accuseason.html scroll down to the Dynamic Automation section and there is an image that shows weekly changes over a 17 week time period. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations