Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

@MikeT707, just a quick question (I haven't seen anything in this thread to answer this but apologies if I missed it). I'm currently a user of the Bijan software, but I might well try this out. The post from deepstar raises the question for me though. Can I use the addons linker to enable and disable your product in the same way as I would the Bijan products? Or does your stuff go straight in and modify files in the base sim? Can I run with your seasons package installed but fully turned off, i.e. can I be sure that there would be no conflicts if I wanted to run comparison flights/replays between the two environments, or would I have to uninstall Rex Seasons to use Bijan's stuff? Been a user of various Rex products over the years and have always been a little unsure of what some of those products have actually installed and where.

cheers,

Andy

Hello Andy,

I use it in combination with the AddOn Linker. I have installed the REX product in a different community folder. Afterwards I have enabled this product by using the Addon Linker.

Patric

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pscharff said:

Hello Andy,

I use it in combination with the AddOn Linker. I have installed the REX product in a different community folder. Afterwards I have enabled this product by using the Addon Linker.

Patric

Hi Patric, thanks for the reply, appreciated. I'm going to wait for Mike's response re what Rex installs and where before I consider going ahead though. I'm fairly certain they used to overwrite base textures in P3D with some of their products, and I want to be sure of what I'm looking at if I run with both Rex and Bijan's products on my system.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I dont see the tree colour not being draw behind the aircraft in the vid nore it being draw in in frount but the camera is always facing behind🙄, but I see not cut off line.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

46 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Patric, thanks for the reply, appreciated. I'm going to wait for Mike's response re what Rex installs and where before I consider going ahead though. I'm fairly certain they used to overwrite base textures in P3D with some of their products, and I want to be sure of what I'm looking at if I run with both Rex and Bijan's products on my system.

I am very interested in Mike's opinion too.😉

Patric

Curious here to a comparison between REX AccuSeason and Bijang 4 Seasons…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I see in the Rex website  screenshot there is a mountainous area showing winter trees with less leaves. Will less leaves show in NY State? 

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Can I use the addons linker to enable and disable your product in the same way as I would the Bijan products?

I installed the main REX AccuSeason program in a separate folder as permitted by the installer. Actually, it's a location where I put all MSFS tools.

C0rBzZa.png

Then, from the REX AccuSeason program, you can select where is your Community folder:
Nb0a8Ok.png

.... I pointed it to my drive/folder where I put all my addon linkers content. Finally from Adds Linker I can activate or not the new AccuSeason's textures. 

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

10 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

I installed the main REX AccuSeason program in a separate folder as permitted by the installer. Actually, it's a location where I put all MSFS tools.

C0rBzZa.png

Then, from the REX AccuSeason program, you can select where is your Community folder:
Nb0a8Ok.png

.... I pointed it to my drive/folder where I put all my addon linkers content. Finally from Adds Linker I can activate or not the new AccuSeason's textures. 

That's exactly how I did it, too.

Patric

Can I change the time of day I want the program to be updated with the Windows task?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

REX is downloading some files and those files aint in the Community folder. I suspect that these files goes into MSFS main directory.

31 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Can I change the time of day I want the program to be updated with the Windows task?

I believe you can.  Just go to the scheduled task and change the time.  (Computer Management and click on Task Scheduler.  Should be an REX task in there than you can modify).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

I installed the main REX AccuSeason program in a separate folder as permitted by the installer.

53 minutes ago, pscharff said:

That's exactly how I did it, too.

Not a problem with this part, thanks

31 minutes ago, deepstar said:

REX is downloading some files and those files aint in the Community folder. I suspect that these files goes into MSFS main directory.

It's this aspect I'm interested in

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I dont see the tree colour not being draw behind the aircraft in the vid nore it being draw in in frount but the camera is always facing behind🙄, but I see not cut off line.

Wow the REX trees look much sharper than default!

Does the snow cover the roads and runways though and does the snowfall match the current weather or is it everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere in Winter regardless if it hasn't snowed in a certain geographic area.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Chris Camp

9 hours ago, deepstar said:

In the REX folder there is a folder called log. I have lotsa files with alerts. Everytime I make a new season a new alert file is made. What files is REX downloading and where is the files ? Not in the Community folder. Only files in Community is json and some pictures. I knew it. Should not have bought it. Word not allowed.

Hi deepstar. I am going to contact Reed @rstough who will be able to answer your question. That is his area of knowledge.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

23 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

I also agree that this is not too much of a time investment to manually setup Bijan's mod. I do want to point out that if you are going the dynamic season route with AccuSeason, that changes occur in many places more than one time per season. With AccuSeason, vegetation changes within the season, so as an example, vegetation in the northern hemisphere during autumn to winter changes weekly.

If you go to the product website at: https://rexsimulations.com/accuseason.html scroll down to the Dynamic Automation section and there is an image that shows weekly changes over a 17 week time period. 

Overall pleased, but just one observation here in the UK.  All trees have lost their leaves a month ago, but the Rex trees are still showing full autumn leaf colour in mid December.

I am using the automatic setting.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home