Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Revised; beta to go live Jan 6th

My understanding: For those of us that did not partake in the beta for whatever reason, when we fire up the sim later today (6th Jan), we will be prompted to download a compulsory update which effectively installs what was the beta, either as it was or perhaps with some additional tweaks.

Those that were already on the beta will have to leave the beta “preview” and also have to install this update.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

So they're leaving the broken weather as is and the (new in beta) VR mouse Bug until SU8 then? If the patch notes remain the same then that suggests so 🙄 

Sure. And in the upcoming update tonight it will be termed a huge success.

I am a big fan of MSFS, but that marketing speech is nasty. "Leave the flight" has neither to do with the French developers nor with Jayne Ivana who published the message. She might have even asked to modify this misleading wording, but that "flight" wording for the hotfix comes from higher-rank experts who speak another language than us and are always right a priori.

I certainly was in hope to see some of the bugs rectified before official release of the hotfix.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Their English that bad?

Miles better than my Spanish and French which causes great merriment amongst the locals when I go on holiday... 

• Like 2

Geez, seriously, they absolutely do know how to makes things utterly confusing... And the person that came up with the idea to say 'leave the flight' instead of 'leave the beta' should 'leave the flight' him/herself ASAP (and in this case that means 'kicked of the plane' or (if you still don't get it) 'be fired'). 😉

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless! I kept on enjoying MSFS as it was already and it will only be better, I'm sure. (I think. I hope.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

My understanding: For those of us that did not partake in the beta for whatever reason, when we fire up the sim later today (6th Jan), we will be prompted to download a compulsory update which effectively installs what was the beta, either as it was or perhaps with some additional tweaks.

Those that were already on the beta will have to leave the beta “preview” and also have to install this update.

The update will bring everybody exactly to what has been the beta hotfix until today. Hence the build number is the same as the beta (*18*).

Those who were already on the beta shouldn't have to install anything.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I just signed off as a beta user. When starting MSFS again I had a 500 kb mandatory install. Guess that wiped the 'I am open to the beta' info. Curious to see if later today there will be some updates to the already installed 1.21.18

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

2 hours ago, pmb said:

that marketing speech is nasty.  

They seem to have hijacked the vocabulary of the advertisement industry to look cool. I have already seen them using 'flighting' too. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So what we should we expect exactly later today, besides the broken English UI (Aïe, oh là là) and marketing gibberish? The whole Beta thing got me confused...

1. For non-VR users

2. For VR users

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

5 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

So what we should we expect exactly later today, besides the broken English UI (Aïe, oh là là) and marketing gibberish? The whole Beta thing got me confused...

1. For non-VR users

2. For VR users

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Exactly the same as those having opted in for the Hotfix beta until today. Only difference will be it's now termed "officially". Even the version number will be identical.

Kinds regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

"Flight" and "flighting" are terms used by Microsoft when it comes to testing beta/preview builds of their products (here is an example), and this has been the case for a while. It's not marketing or poor translation, though it is unfortunately rather confusing when it comes to a flight simulator.

• Like 10

I booted up MSFS and got the update notice... fummily I did not leave the beta... in any case, I exited without doing the update, then left the beta... then booted up MSFS again and the got the update notice...just incase... still on 1.21.18.0...

Strangely, despite the update supposedly being released 06th January at 08:00 PT, which translates to 16:00 UK time... its only 11:49, so it got here early... or are there more updates to come...

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi

Sorry, aside the connotation to flight simulator, I find these terms misleading in general. Preview-testing would do as well, and native speakers certainly can find better terms.

But thanks for the general context which I didn't know. We will not change it anyway if Mr. Nadella enjoys it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

And if they are not so lucky they may have to reinstall MSFS and windows. 😉

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

That's the way I read it. I also think that live weather issues will be still present after this official hotfix release and MS/Asobo will try to fix it with SU8 whenever it comes out.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And if they are not so lucky they may have to reinstall MSFS and windows. 😉

No problem, 1gb Fibre here.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,