Sign in to follow this  
fmloyola

PMDG update[11 jan]

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

According to the guys over at HiFi, MSFS allows for far better animations than previous sims. I imagine movements can be made natural looking, as opposed to the uncanny valley effect we see in XP / P3D.

That surplus to requirements for me. Hopefully if they implement that it is an "optional feature"

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

6 hours ago, WestAir said:

Mark, I'm just the messenger here who personally agrees that FS2Crew has far better voices, procedures, and Cabin Crew interactions than XAnimCopilot, but actually seeing the FO do stuff is certainly a bonus to immersion. Check out what they've accomplished:

If PMDG / FSCrew were to do a collaboration to modify your MSFS Copilot to be there with proper animations it would be absolutely awesome.

OMFG, it's stunning! I want this in my MSFS. I'll contact Bryan to see what he thinks about it.

• Like 3

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

I can't wait for PMDG 737 and FENIX A320!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

An animated copilot would annoy the absolute heck out of me lol. 

In FSX, by far the best solution I found was Multicrew Experience.  I was able to customize all the flows, procedures and checklists the MCE copilot used to exactly match my company's procedures.  It was astounding to see the level of immersion that brought.  I was able to fly V1 cuts and the copilot would read our whole engine failure or shutdown QRH, through the one engine inoperative landing and single engine go-around review, and finally the single engine dual response landing checklist, word for word.  

I will have Multicrew Experience configured for the NG3 the day it's available. No other solution comes close. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Just now, captain420 said:

I can't wait for PMDG 737 and FENIX A320!

We're two. I hope for march the 737NG3? 😉 

t-l-chargement

3 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

We're two. I hope for march the 737NG3? 😉 

I hope much sooner than that! Been waiting wayyy too long for some proper commercial airliners in MSFS.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

I hope much sooner than that! Been waiting wayyy too long for some proper commercial airliners in MSFS.

Ofc if he comes out before, it will be even better 🙂 

• Like 1

t-l-chargement

I did have respect for PMDG despite some of their shortcomings however I see they really have little respect for their customers.  I do not think they will be automatic day one purchases for now.

• Like 1

Harry Woodrow

59 minutes ago, harrry said:

I did have respect for PMDG despite some of their shortcomings however I see they really have little respect for their customers.  I do not think they will be automatic day one purchases for now.

Because they don't prioritize P3D customers? In his update from Randazzo, he is still supporting P3D:

We are preparing to beta test a pretty significant update to the 747 product line for P3D users. Quite a bit of initial testing has already been accomplished, but another round is needed in order to vet changes to LNAV and the flight director control laws that have been implemented.

Not supporting their P3D products right after release is one thing.  But their P3D products have been released for years now and have gone through many patches.  Why should PMDG provide first class support for their P3D products after they have already been patched?  They still provide support for their P3D products, albeit, at a lower priority.

As a customer myself of many products, as long as the company provides ample support shortly after the products release, that's what I expect. And I also don't expect them to pull the plug so that my product is unusable, unless that product is so old that it has been phased out by newer technology (ie. Microsoft not supporting versions of Windows over 15 years old). But provided my product is usable, I don't expect first class support for that product after several years after the product is released, especially if that product has been fixed/patched multiple times after its release.  Some support is nice several years after the product's release, but first class support isn't needed, if the product has already been patched/fixed shortly after its release.  The one exception is when safety is concerned, such as automobile recalls.  When safety is concerned and lives are at stake, those products need to be fixed ASAP, no matter how many years have passed.

So PMDG shouldn't need to prioritize their P3D customers if the P3D products have already gone through several patches already.  PMDG rightfully should prioritize MSFS, which is where their sales is coming from. From what I read from Randazzo, PMDG is still providing support for P3D products, albeit the priority is lower - and the priority should be lower for P3D products, unless those products are in a totally unusable state.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Recent PMDG updates are so boring - mainly MSFS news, P3D is like burden for them.

Because P3D makes up a very small part of their sales now.  MSFS is the future for PMDG, not P3D.  Even most of PMDG's customers that purchased their P3D products have switched to MSFS.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

19 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Because P3D makes up a very small part of their sales now.  MSFS is the future for PMDG, not P3D.  Even most of PMDG's customers that purchased their P3D products have switched to MSFS.

I am fully aware and agree with u, just not happy that for example soon there will be 2 years after releasing P3D5 and PMDG still did not find time to port over DC6 for example.

It is not even going to happen in short future i suppose ...

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

15 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Fly Vatsim or IVAO. or pilot edge. problem solved. Don't expect a million dollar atc from a 60$ piece of software.

14 hours ago, MarkW said:

FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 does this (except for ATC)

No it does not.  
I'm talking about a Copilot that is visible in the cockpit, that can not only read from checklists and speak checklists but perform all copilot actions autonomously using rules and voice recognition.  I'm not interested in something that must be triggered to do everything. It must be autonomous. A real pilot does not have to trigger the copilot for everything. XAnimCopilot destroys FS2Crew and can do a tonne of tasks: gear, flaps, heading, altitude, plus a lot more by itself.

For ATC I am not talking about Vatsim. I'm talking about offline ATC with AI assist, which is good enough, but copilot must autonomously react to heading or altitude instructions.

More on xAnimCopilot here --> 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's not a copilot, it's an Android!

(looks ghastly)

X Plane sim is ghastly when it comes to modeling people and animations. The developer (degorap) actually did a brilliant job to make it look this good.

• Like 2

XPlane looks gastly full stop.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,