Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

MARKET PLACE FAIL

I am trying to purchase the new Carenado Cessna Sky Master plane just out in the Marketplace, but every time I click on BUY, or DOWNLOAD AND BUY, all I get is a very fast flash of what looks like the next blue window you normally get to fill in your purchase details. I then get a Notification up at the top of the page that says Purchase Failed.  I have tried to purchase a couple of scenery addons too but get the same result. I went to the Carenado site but there it says this plane is only available in the IN Game Marketplace.  I can't find any way to get to the Market Place from the main Microsoft site. Anyone else having this problem, or have any suggestions as to how to fix this? I would go to the MS forum page, but I can't post there because something is wrong with my sign in there. I changed e mail addresses several months ago and can't sign in because they say I already have an account, but when I ask for help with sing in, they say I don't have an account. The old Catch 22.

Thanks

I just bought the Carenado Skymaster from MSFS Marketplace without any problems, so any fault might be at your end. I did have problems buying on the marketplace a year or so ago, but the problem was on my end.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

The notification I get is:

"The XBox Live account used to log in to Microsoft Flight Simulator and the Microsoft Store do not match. To access the online services, make sure to sign into the Microsoft Store and to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the XBox Live account that was used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator."

I have been chasing and changing passwords back and forth between all of these sites trying to get them all the same and now Microsoft won't let me change any passwords again until tomorrow. I still cannot do the Download and Buy or just the Download. 

The last part of the notice above says to us the password I used when I bought the sim. I have no Idea what that one might have been, I have had so much trouble with these multiple MS sites that I must have used many passwords in a year and a half since the original purchase.

Oh my gosh I had this issue right when the sim came out.  It was super annoying. I think tried logging out of Xbox, updating my payment card or PayPal.  There might be something else but I'm not at my PC right now.  It was something obscure.  Maybe to make sure I had all my Windows updates.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wasn’t there something about having to start msfs as admin for the marketplace to work properly? I could be wrong but I feel like I read that somewhere and it was an issue that solved it for me a while back when trying to purchase. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Its way worse if you are using MSFS on Steam.  After I made sure the Steam overlay is running and properly configured,  the process worked flawlessly for a couple of purchases, but then about 6 months ago MSFS Marketplace started issuing a PURCHASE FAILED message only AFTER the payment process completed through Steam.  Resulting in having paid for a product that MSFS did not believe was purchased.  The only recourse, which takes the better part of a week, is to wait the required 3 days for the problem to magically work itself out (it never does but the ZenDesk people believe it should) then open a support ticket, following all of the convoluted instructions to take screenshots of the transaction records in your Steam wallet etc and attach them to the online ZenDesk form.  Then and only then does someone somewhere do something that somehow makes the MSFS Marketplace behave honestly.

I found a workaround by adding the funds to my Steam wallet first and then doing the Marketplace purchase, and that works smoothly.  I believe that the MSFS Marketplace just times out too quickly getting a response from the Steam purchase process.  The only problem is that you can only add certain round figures of money to your Steam wallet, like $5, $10, $20, $50 etc and not the $24.99 or whatever you actually néed, so its designed to take more of your money than needed. Fortunately there is a simple HTML hack you can use in Chrome to redefine the Steam wallet buttons to custom amounts to add, but having to resort to such measures feels very risky / greasy and is frankly ridiculous to me as a customer.  But the only other options are to buy $50 of funds for my Steam wallet for a $24.99 toy aeroplane or to spend 3 days waiting and documenting a purchase dispute to get the toy aeroplane.  

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I also couldn't buy in the marketplace,  then I discovered  Microsoft Store - App Settings, that  "Purchase sign-In" was for some reason  "off".  After i turn it "on" i can buy again from Marketplace.  Also the other Microsoft Store - App Settings is on  (App updates, Purchase sign-in,  Offline permissions and Video autoplay).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eke_flx said:

I also couldn't buy in the marketplace,  then I discovered  Microsoft Store - App Settings, that  "Purchase sign-In" was for some reason  "off".  After i turn it "on" i can buy again from Marketplace.  Also the other Microsoft Store - App Settings is on  (App updates, Purchase sign-in,  Offline permissions and Video autoplay).

This worked for me, thanks! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Didn't work for me. I've had this before and managed to fix it but I can't remember how. I'm done with the marketplace. Purchased failed. I mean why the hell can't it tell you WHY the bloody purchase failed!!!

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

At last! The answer was not to start MSFS as Administrator.

• Like 2

I think I understand the reason why some developers exclusively use the Marketplace, but in my opinion that practice is too restrictive and I'm not sure if it really benefits or harms them.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

My biggest problem with the marketplace is that for something coded in HTML, it is so slow.  I have quite a powerful computer, but the marketplace is so clunky.  It is like running it on and old slow laptop.  :smile:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.