Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

Just now, Bdub22 said:

Can anyone report on how well the autopilot works with default GPS?

get the PMS50 GNS530/430 mods. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, Bdub22 said:

Can anyone report on how well the autopilot works with default GPS?

It follows tracks OK, but can't hold altitude when speed is below ~110kts and can't fly a glideslope

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I use default camera control CTRL + 6 it gives overhead panel view with all lights switches

Thanks will give it a go . 

I purchased through their website. It takes 10GB of space, about 4 for the product and 6 GB overhead to unpack the files before they are erased.

It is not  a direct download. You have to install Aerosoft One first. Aerosoft One is very much lot like ORBX Central and keeps track of your Aerosoft purchases and shows when updates are available. The plane is installed by opening Aerosoft One and then telling it to download your Twotter.

Both ORBX Direct and Aerosoft One are apps designed to subvert cheaters installing the plane who aren't registered and didn't pay for it,. Because you must sign in to these apps with your ORBX or Aerosoft password.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

One feature of Aerosoft One is the  map. It shows every airport on a map that Aerosoft sells for a simulator, such as for MSFS. It can also show you available scenery instead airports on the map.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have eagerly awaited this release, but reading first impressions has me paused… I really enjoyed the Twotter in P3D and was hoping this would be an evolutionary step forward….

Mark (almost aviation), I’d be particularly interested in your thoughts, as well as others (Chock?)… is it as incomplete as some would have me believe?

Ta- C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Bought it. Not too happy with the sounds. Also dunno if its ju

st me or,, dont think the textures on the dials and around the cockpit is all that great..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I have eagerly awaited this release, but reading first impressions has me paused… I really enjoyed the Twotter in P3D and was hoping this would be an evolutionary step forward….

Mark (almost aviation), I’d be particularly interested in your thoughts, as well as others (Chock?)… is it as incomplete as some would have me believe?

Ta- C

Flight model and looks are fine for me, ( But i am no RWP) The sound issue is more related to not matching what the propellers are doing at times. Like there's little to no increase in rpm as you increase the throttles, it's on it's off is probably the best way to describe it.

Coupled with thePMS 50 Gn530/430 mod overcomes the shortfalls of the default asobo system. Aerosoft have stated they have an update for the sound issue which will be pushed with the first update.

For the money i am quite happy, once the sound is sorted it will be a lot better, it just kills the immersion a bit.

For me though the Kodiak (I know it's not the same comparison before anyone jumps)  is just so more refined, and a class above.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

9 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

st me or,, dont think the textures on the dials and around the cockpit is all that great..

Why? Looks pretty good to me!

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Why? Looks pretty good to me!

Maybe im just spoilt by some of the default planes texturing, had the same feeling about the Just Flight arrow... 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Kaboki said:

It's you 🙂

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, Kaboki said:

Maybe im just spoilt by some of the default planes texturing, had the same feeling about the Just Flight arrow... 

Frankly I don't see that much difference between Otter stock airplanes

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Looks like Mathijs Kok is doing his usual.  The thread on the sounds has been locked, and he wasn't giving the best response - very defensive and dismissive as usual.
People are saying the transitions are out (as mentioned on here), there is no prop sound outside, only the turbine, and it is much louder in the cockpit than when outside, even at the same distance from the engine!  :unsure:
His response...  Use the engine sound slider in MSFS (and mess it up for the other planes engine sounds then I suppose).  :rolleyes:

I won't say their customer service is terrible, as they tend to iron things out eventually, but the way Mathijs talks to people is a bit off colour - still, I suppose we know this.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.