Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

If I wasn't in love with the SWS Kodiak this would be a purchase for me, but, don't know,.... something tells me this Twotter is a league lower.

Iñigo Bildarratz

42 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Yeah. Sounds are just neh on this one. No real rpm difference sounds. Just fading from one rpm to another. And no feathered sounds on the props. Imo the sounds was rushed on this or the guy who did the sounds dont know what his doing. No buy for me.

They were working on the sounds right up to release so hoping these have been improved or will improve with future updates.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If the engine sounds aren't brilliant, is it easy to alias some of them, say from the default King Air?

I see people have been doing this with the P51 - using sounds from the Asobo P51 or Flying Iron Spitfire.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

6 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

If I wasn't in love with the SWS Kodiak this would be a purchase for me, but, don't know,.... something tells me this Twotter is a league lower.

Same here. Hard to beat the Kodiak.
Especially with the "G1000 NXi" upgrade from marketplace.

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

12 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Yeah the Kodiak is premium quality both in sounds,3d modelling and system depth. I wish all developers had such quality.

11 minutes ago, Donka said:

They were working on the sounds right up to release so hoping these have been improved or will improve with future updates.

Great!  Well although I have the Kodiak, I will still be buying this anyway.  It is one of my all time favourite aircraft. 
Aerosoft do improve things as they go, even if they take their time over it, so hopefully, after some customer feedback, they will bring out a couple of improvement updates over the coming months.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Great!  Well although I have the Kodiak, I will still be buying this anyway.  It is one of my all time favourite aircraft. 
Aerosoft do improve things as they go, even if they take their time over it, so hopefully, after some customer feedback, they will bring out a couple of improvement updates over the coming months.

I'm interested in both the Otter and Kodiak - but if I could only buy one, which would it be?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

I'm interested in both the Otter and Kodiak - but if I could only buy one, which would it be?

Kodiak for sure.

• Like 3

Guest 6297J
5 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Kodiak. 

It would have been a miracle if the Twotter was as good as the Kodiak (and it isn't) so if you can only have one, please get the Kodiak. 

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

If the CRJ is anything to go by you'll have to have more patience than just a few months... bugs in basic functionality like LNAV tracking, holds and direct-to have been untouched since release 10 months ago. And some bugs you can track back to FSX and P3D versions of the CRJ going back 18+ months to even longer. I hope the Twin Otter has a better fate.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

From what we have seen and know by now it has to be the Kodiak.

But I'm sure the with some tender loving care by Aerosoft the Twotter can get close one day.

Edited by teletom

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

Bought direct from aerosoft. Despite already having the fantastic Kodiak, the Twotter will cover other area's and give further options. The sound has improved, but still could be better as others have noted. But i doubt it will be long before FTsim has some Wwise sounds available.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

The Twin Otter from Aerosoft shop is installed via Aerosoft One installer that adds a symbolic link into MSFS community folder.

Yet it is possible to use the Addons Linker following the instructions from this link:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/166804-using-aerosoft-one-along-with-the-msfs-addons-linker/

Edited by ega
  • Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo

2 hours ago, DAD said:

only question now is where to buy. try to consolidate on MP but tempted to go direct for faster updates

I avoid the Market place as much as I can, unless you like having everything encrypted and never getting updates. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310