Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Looks like Mathijs Kok is doing his usual.  The thread on the sounds has been locked, and he wasn't giving the best response - very defensive and dismissive as usual.

Haha yeah 🙂 Was just reading their forums and had to giggle when I saw his replies 🙂

Not sure why he has to answer like that, it's not very professional. He should just acknowledge the problem and not take everything so personally

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Looks like Mathijs Kok is doing his usual.  The thread on the sounds has been locked, and he wasn't giving the best response - very defensive and dismissive as usual.
People are saying the transitions are out (as mentioned on here), there is no prop sound outside, only the turbine, and it is louder in the cockpit than when outside, even at the same distance from the engine!  :unsure:

I won't say their customer service is terrible, as they tend to iron things out eventually, but the way Mathijs talks to people is a bit off colour - still, I suppose we know this.

I do think it's a bit of a cultural thing and a social skill thing (e.g. his "inside voice only' filter could use some tweaking). At least there is some acknowledgement and the team has already begun addressing the top complaints. 

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

People are saying the transitions are out (as mentioned on here), there is no prop sound outside, only the turbine, and it is much louder in the cockpit than when outside, even at the same distance from the engine!  :unsure:
His response...  Use the engine sound slider in MSFS (and mess it up for the other planes engine sounds then I suppose).  :rolleyes:

I won't say their customer service is terrible, as they tend to iron things out eventually, but the way Mathijs talks to people is a bit off colour - still, I suppose we know this.

In other words Kok is being a bit of a "cock" ...like the rooster! 

Former Child, Current Adult

15 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

In other words Kok is being a bit of a "cock" ...like the rooster! 

Actually Kok means Cook like the chef in a restaurant.

One of our former prime ministers was called Wim Kok which must have sounded quite akward when he introduced himself abroad.

🤣

13 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

One of our former prime ministers was called Wim Kok which must have sounded quite akward when he introduced himself abroad.

🤣

I think most people prefer the English spoken meaning of the word.

15 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

🤣

Ahhh! That is quite funny! Last time I pointed out legitimate issues with the CRJ on release, I got a mouth full from (of?) Cock and decided not to help them find bugs anymore lol. 

Former Child, Current Adult

I have been quite undecided from all this commentary, and was hoping that @Chock Alan or Mark from Almost Aviation would come along here.

I was reassured by a conversation with @Steve Dra who was part of the Twotter Beta Team and told me that @metzgergva Alex Metzger did the FDE. Thus reassured, I am still intending to purchase it this evening. Alex can make a brick outhouse fly like a homesick angel.

Meanwhile Alan, a Hot Shot wouldn’t go amiss mate…

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

People are saying the transitions are out (as mentioned on here), there is no prop sound outside, only the turbine, and it is much louder in the cockpit than when outside, even at the same distance from the engine!  :unsure:
His response...  Use the engine sound slider in MSFS (and mess it up for the other planes engine sounds then I suppose).  :rolleyes:

When in correspondence with him when I had the preview copy of the CRJ, he was always good about responding. His wording can be a little quick off the cuff though. Aerosoft has a pretty descent reputation and the reputation would be enhanced if problems with a product are recognized and admitted and properly addressed. I don’t have this aircraft, but it definitely appears that the sound files are not up to par with the quality of the other aircraft aspects. The technology is out there to make the sounds absolutely accurate so perhaps a new sound engineer is in the making at Aerosoft.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

The luv that has gone into this bird shows and with 2 engines with a great ground view. 👍

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Anyone tell me why I can turn it left or right let the yoke go and the plane will happily do turns until it runs out of fuel? Its almost like its got an Airbus FBW system. No other plane in MSFS or any other sim does this for me unless its an Airbus, and I have all the assists off?

My complaint is kind of picky, but instead of 3 Twotters in the hangar with different liveries for each, each livery stands alone, so there are a dozen of them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Will some kind soul direct me to the hearing aid for Mathijs Kok gofundme page?

Thank you.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I am glad I didn't purchase quite yet then.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you Beta Testers out there. 😁

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

5 hours ago, a321 said:

Anyone tell me why I can turn it left or right let the yoke go and the plane will happily do turns until it runs out of fuel? Its almost like its got an Airbus FBW system. No other plane in MSFS or any other sim does this for me unless its an Airbus, and I have all the assists off?

Confirmed. Somethings not right. I'm afraid that this plane is proving to be a bit of a dud.

Very disappointed with this purchase.

The sounds are awful

The Autopilot doesn't work

The HSI doesn't work when flying an outbound radial from a VOR..

It's just rubbish, worse than freeware and default aircraft.