Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Twin Otter is out now

Guest 6297J

So far I think I have only bought, regretted and uninstalled two since getting MSFS, the Twotter and the Freedom Fox. Luckily they didn't cost more than a beer and a pizza so I'm happy to remove them from my hanger completely until and if they are updated to the point where they can be installed again. God knows I have enough superb addons to keep me happy until then.

19 hours ago, Dazzaboy said:

I have an issue with the otter in msfs2020 . Whenever i right click my mouse it turns off all lights in cockpit and gauges go to zero . When i release right mouse click gauges go back up . Its causing temporary loss of power whenever i right click anything  . Any ideas anyone ??

Dazza

I found out what it was . If you go for a quick start (CTRL + E ) is starts everything but doesnt turn on master battery or DC button . Once started if you flick those two buttons to on the problem disappears .

Just thought I would post in case anyone else has similar issue . 

Dazza

The next time I'm giving Aerosoft money for an airplane will be the time I'm donating serious cash to a Kim Kardashian/Kanye West reunion fund.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The next time I'm giving Aerosoft money for an airplane will be the time I'm donating serious cash to a Kim Kardashian/Kanye West reunion fund.

What?  Have they split up then?  :ohmy:

• Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

20 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

What?  Have they split up then?  :ohmy:

Ricardo - you know bobcat has special feelings for the kardashian/wests.

Sorry to break it to you bobcat but I googled it and it seems they are no longer together. I realize this is earth shattering news for you. You must feel that life has no meaning, but please remember you have friends here. Just like the Otter..things can be fixed..life will be better.

Here for you.

Rich.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently "Kanye" is only referred to as "Ye" these days. I will let the rest of you decide if he has simply lost part of his name, or all of his marbles.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Ricardo - you know bobcat has special feelings for the kardashian/wests.

Sorry to break it to you bobcat but I googled it and it seems they are no longer together. I realize this is earth shattering news for you. You must feel that life has no meaning, but please remember you have friends here. Just like the Otter..things can be fixed..life will be better.

Here for you.

Rich.

Brilliant!  :laugh:  This is all I need, my forum friends (personal support group) and a fixed up Twotter.   (And if Ye and Kim get back together even better ! :unsure:)

• Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, MarkDH said:

I have yet to try the latter but if it runs in a pop-out it will replace the GNS530 for me since that, inexplicably, doesn't pop out.

Am I understanding correctly that the display screen of the GNS530/430 won’t pop out if using the alt+mouse click like all default planes?  Eek if so…I use RealSimGear GNS hardware so need to screens to pop out to use those properly.  Given that all default aircraft (and all third party aircraft that I have) can pop out it’s inexcusable for Aerosoft to just say it’s not possible.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Apparently "Kanye" is only referred to as "Ye" these days. I will let the rest of you decide if he has simply lost part of his name, or all of his marbles.

Yeah, that confused me when I googled it. I thought 'who the f is ye?'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 6297J said:

So far I think I have only bought, regretted and uninstalled two since getting MSFS, the Twotter and the Freedom Fox. Luckily they didn't cost more than a beer and a pizza so I'm happy to remove them from my hanger completely until and if they are updated to the point where they can be installed again. God knows I have enough superb addons to keep me happy until then.

May I ask whats the problem with the Freedom Fox? Just curious...

Cheers T.

Guest 6297J
18 minutes ago, Torsen said:

May I ask what's the problem with the Freedom Fox? Just curious...

Cheers T.

For me the installation process via Orbx was a nightmare to start with as it just couldn't find my installation path. Once I finally had it installed I was just generally disappointed. The GotGravel Cub is soooo much better as a comparable aircraft and not just because it is free.  

5 minutes ago, 6297J said:

For me the installation process via Orbx was a nightmare to start with as it just couldn't find my installation path. Once I finally had it installed I was just generally disappointed. The GotGravel Cub is soooo much better as a comparable aircraft and not just because it is free.  

ah ok... granted... but you know GotGravel did the fde for the fox? 😉 ok, so nothing buggy to report back then to the still open beta group of the project...

Cheers T.

Guest 6297J
15 minutes ago, Torsen said:

ah ok... granted... but you know GotGravel did the fde for the fox? 😉 ok, so nothing buggy to report back then to the still open beta group of the project...

Cheers T.

Yes I know, that's why I mentioned it. It feels very similar to fly but doesn't look as good as the Savage Cubs and the installer needs some reconsidering. Maybe it will be developed and improved as well as, I hope the Twin Otter. Then I can reinstall both. 

My 2 cents...

spacer.png

• Like 2

Intel i9 13900KS 5.8GHz - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X Core OC +147 - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

11 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

I am glad I didn't purchase quite yet then.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you Beta Testers out there. 😁

You might want to reconsider. As with any 3rd party offering, there will be minor issues and they will be rectified and updates posted. I can assure you that this is the case with the Twin Otter and much work has already been completed on sounds and other identified anomalies. This thing is already a beauty to fly and will be improved upon in the near future. It is my primary plane to explore the world with and will only get better. You are missing out IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1