Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

Fenix A320 - new video

40 minutes ago, Krakin said:

And you're being difficult for no good reason. You could have said historical weather would have been the cherry on top of the cake but you questioned the validity of people's excitement for what is shaping up to be the most indepth module ever made for a sim. That's just weird, man.

There is the ignore button for these types. People were just complaining about fenix disapearing the other day , release a sweet teaser video and then complain. smh

• Like 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

49 minutes ago, Krakin said:

And you're being difficult for no good reason. You could have said historical weather would have been the cherry on top of the cake but you questioned the validity of people's excitement for what is shaping up to be the most indepth module ever made for a sim. That's just weird, man.

Not at all.  I am excited about the A320.

Very sensitive types over here.

And I am not your "man".

Edited by VHOJT

Avsim at the finest in the MSFS forum. One positive treads comes up and there are folks that try to bring it down and cause a conflict.. SMH.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think we need to differentiate between „Is this the most study level airliner in history?“ and „Is MSFS then the best IFR sim?“.
If the latter is in discussion, then things like historical weather (or weather in general) are important. For my definition, for the best IFR sim MSFS needs above all GSX (or any realistic ground service environment; the in-game stuff is comical), and to a lesser degree historical weather. I live in Germany, and can only fly late in the evening (kids and work, you know). This - in MSFS - means I can basically never fly in meaningful hot conditions in Europe, because let‘s say Greece at 9 pm and 30 degrees is not the same as Greece at 12 am with 45 degrees, at least in regards to engine performance etc. Then there are weather phenomenas that only exist in certain times of day (fog, and also partly thunderstorms), which I would never encounter in certain regions (let‘s say northern Italy) without historical weather.
It does take away from the simulation and immersion, if you are used to that from P3D.

If the former question is in discussion, I am sure Fenix will fulfill its promises (after a lot of patches).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think we need to differentiate between „Is this the most study level airliner in history?“ and „Is MSFS then the best IFR sim?“.
If the latter is in discussion, then things like historical weather (or weather in general) are important. For my definition, for the best IFR sim MSFS needs above all GSX (or any realistic ground service environment; the in-game stuff is comical), and to a lesser degree historical weather. I live in Germany, and can only fly late in the evening (kids and work, you know). This - in MSFS - means I can basically never fly in meaningful hot conditions in Europe, because let‘s say Greece at 9 pm and 30 degrees is not the same as Greece at 12 am with 45 degrees, at least in regards to engine performance etc. Then there are weather phenomenas that only exist in certain times of day (fog, and also partly thunderstorms), which I would never encounter in certain regions (let‘s say northern Italy) without historical weather.
It does take away from the simulation and immersion, if you are used to that from P3D.

If the former question is in discussion, I am sure Fenix will fulfill its promises (after a lot of patches).

That's pretty much what I am getting at.  Thanks for explaining it well.

Well,

with the going of the years, Airbus has grown as my preferred brand for airliners.

In flight simming the first great experience was possible thanks to the BlackBox Simulations line of airbus airliners. Others followed, lately more in X-Plane with the Toliss, but the FBW A320 NEO and the upcoming Fenix will be more than good reasons for me to use MFS as a "purpose flightsim", the kind of designation I find the best to characterize a flight simulation platform I can use simply to be able to explore a given high quality add-on.

In X-Plane's world I believe Fenix has a sibling - the recently released Challenger 650. This is yet another tittle I will buy, together with XP12 when the sim get's released ( I hope as soon as possible .. )

So, this is turning again into a disgusting state of affairs for an Uninstaller 😕  2 sims !! two civil sims will share my disks ... Disgusting !!!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

The Fenix video looks great!

As for weather, i don't think IFR and historical conditions are linked. I coudn't care less in fact. What matters to me is that when i am flying, at that time, the weather is as real as technically possible (still work to be done but enjoyable still). I can't find conditions with hot air or fog? That's why you can set your custom weather, and there are even presets already done by the community on the usual file sharing sites.

For anything else, i invite you to read my signature which i think fits most complaints around done by chair captains.

Down-Arrow-gif.gif?fit=319,338&ssl=1

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Avsim is always interesting.

A thread with a title suggesting it is talking about an A320 is actually about live weather 😄

Just their usual agenda where MSFS is concerned. What's surprising is it's allowed to continue in just about every thread here.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

….. and now, hopefully back to Fifi… I for one am patiently (yet enthusiastically) awaiting @Aamir ‘s next teaser… you all too, I hope?

• Like 5

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

FBW A320 NEO ... will be more than good reasons for me to use MFS

I am glad that someone finally mentioned FBW in this thread dedicated to Fenix, because - so far - it looked and sounded very much like we were simply ignoring the splendid job delivered to us for free by this team of enthusiasts. They never inferred that they were aiming at what many call a "study level" simulation (hence a competition to Fenix), but their A320 neo is definitely not to be overlooked, especially when they have an A380 under development. Their constant search for more progress is to be recognised and lauded.

• Like 4

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

3 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I am glad that someone finally mentioned FBW in this thread dedicated to Fenix, because - so far - it looked and sounded very much like we were simply ignoring the splendid job delivered to us for free by this team of enthusiasts. They never inferred that they were aiming at what many call a "study level" simulation (hence a competition to Fenix), but their A320 neo is definitely not to be overlooked, especially when they have an A380 under development. Their constant search for more progress is to be recognised and lauded.

Exactly why I had to mention it because, indeed and for quite a good while until now the FBW NEO has been my beach when I have MFS installed ( rarely, I must say... )... It's a remarkable Project, and FREEWARE !!! yes I know they'll sell the A380 when released, but heck! for the time being the FBW A320 NEO is simply AMAZING!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

36 minutes ago, jcomm said:

yes I know they'll sell the A380 when released, but heck! for the time being the FBW A320 NEO is simply AMAZING!

Where did you get that from? The A380 will be an open source project, just like the A32NX.

• Like 4

Maybe I missed it but could someone explain what is expected to be the major difference between the Fenix and FBW A320.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

5 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Maybe I missed it but could someone explain what is expected to be the major difference between the Fenix and FBW A320.

Many. I'll mention one: all circuit breakers are supposed to be functional in the Fenix version.

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Check the blog posts on their website: https://fenixsim.com/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models