Sign in to follow this  
flyboy0425

PMDG Update [05FEB22]

16 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if part of the holdup is the FPS issue, that they have with the DC6. PMDG said that Asobo did something on one of the update betas that improved the FPS performance of the DC6 drastically and then never implemented in in the final release. The 737 being a bit more complex than the DC6  might be running into the same issue. 

Well, Fenix apparently also utilizes your chipset integrated graphics for the panels, which saves a ton of FPS, and takes some load off the CPU and GPU, so hopefully PMDG have done something similar!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Well, Fenix apparently also utilizes your chipset integrated graphics for the panels, which saves a ton of FPS, and takes some load off the CPU and GPU, so hopefully PMDG have done something similar!

But I already use my integrated graphics for my second monitor.....

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Mr Randazzo has made a few more posts today. We can play internet stalker on him: User Profile - PMDG Simulations

An interesting post about worn cockpits here: PMDG 737 visual compared to Fenix A320 - PMDG Simulations

Thanks, today Randazzo said beta testing for a PMDG product can take as long as 9 months.

If the PMDG 737 takes 9 months to beta test, that would put the release of it near the end of 2022.  And PMDG hasn’t even started the beta test of the 737 yet.

Anyways, I still think the 737 is most likely to be released around May or June.  But that’s interesting that past PMDG products have taken 9 months to beta test (I wonder which product that was).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks, today Randazzo said beta testing for a PMDG product can take as long as 9 months.

If the PMDG 737 takes 9 months to beta test, that would put the release of it near the end of 2022.  And PMDG hasn’t even started the beta test of the 737 yet.

Anyways, I still think the 737 is most likely to be released around May or June.  But that’s interesting that past PMDG products have taken 9 months to beta test (I wonder which product that was).

Different sim with different pricing, fanbase, competitors and environment stability.

MSFS is a different thing and it shows, especially for those devs that kept doing the same thing over and over again in an extremely stable environment

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I'm interested in PMDGs 737 but it's unlikely that I would buy more than 1 variant. Is there any reason to wait for other variants after the -700 is released? Any difference in the systems in particular?

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

46 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

I'm interested in PMDGs 737 but it's unlikely that I would buy more than 1 variant. Is there any reason to wait for other variants after the -700 is released? Any difference in the systems in particular?

All of the four NG variants are the same, except differences in fuselage lenght and range.

Basically all of those who bought the NGXu for P3D will most likely consider buying a second variant as the second variant will "just" cost an additional 10-20 USD on top to the 100 USD they have already spent.
Some will end up spending not 100USD for the 738 and 739 as they would have ended up in P3D but spending 110, 120 or 130 USD for the B738 and B739 (if you really need two variats).

I already had the feeling that something's strange when PMDG gave people the opportunity to pre-finance the 737 development in MSFS. I felt like there's a good chance you would end up in feeling ripped off and fooled.

I don't pay 30k for a new car that has got stopped development right now with the promise to only pay the difference between the 30k and the price of the new model that will be released in a couple years eventually.

What if car prices dropped by then to 20k? I won't get a refund for the 10k I've paid too much, but I don't want to have the nasty feeling of having paid 10000 too much so I decide to buy a second car which I do absolutwly not need at all 😂

PMDG did an amazing job funding the 737 development at an interest rate of 0%, probably even lower than 0%, due to the fact that not everyone who bought the NGXu will also get the 737 in MSFS and make use of the 100USD "coupon".

Edited by Konterhalbe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

All of the four NG variants are the same, except differences in fuselage lenght and range.

Basically all of those who bought the NGXu for P3D will most likely consider buying a second variant as the second variant will "just" cost an additional 10-20 USD on top to the 100 USD they have already spent.
Some will end up spending not 100USD for the 738 and 739 as they would have ended up in P3D but spending 110, 120 or 130 USD for the B738 and B739 (if you really need two variats).

I already had the feeling that something's strange when PMDG gave people the opportunity to pre-finance the 737 development in MSFS. I felt like there's a good chance you would end up in feeling ripped off and fooled.

I don't pay 30k for a new car that has got stopped development right now with the promise to only pay the difference between the 30k and the price of the new model that will be released in a couple years eventually.

What if car prices dropped by then to 20k? I won't get a refund for the 10k I've paid too much, but I don't want to have the nasty feeling of having paid 10000 too much so I decide to buy a second car which I do absolutwly not need at all 😂

PMDG did an amazing job funding the 737 development at an interest rate of 0%, probably even lower than 0%, due to the fact that not everyone who bought the NGXu will also get the 737 in MSFS and make use of the 100USD "coupon".

But people got a product at the time they spent the 100$, they got the ngxu.

It’s also hard to compare the car explanation you have, I mean your talking 10’s of thousands of dollars difference, for example, if I hunkered down 100$ for a product with a promise that it will be released, and for whatever reason it doesn’t get released, yes I would be extremely upset, never buy a product from them again, it’s also not right, but I would for sure recover financially from that without grief, losing out on 10’s of thousands of dollars like the car deal, it would be a rough long road to recover financially, Risk/reward.

Full disclosure, I may be misinterpreting you explanation, I also did not purchase the ngxu for the 100$ coupon, yes I will be purchasing the msfs version. 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

What if you don't have "Integrated graphics". Never had a cpu with that.

The exact message that this is coming from is below:

It's a very important caveat to mention that this was on my system, with a 3090, and an i9 - and using the integrated GPU on board my i9 to render the displays. This option won't be available to everyone, so please keep that in mind.

Just so everyone is aware.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

30 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

Thanks, it seems like the -700 only would suit me fine then. I don't have previous experience of the PMDG 737 in other sims, so it's going to be all new to me and a change of pace from the Airbus way of doing things.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I recall Randazzo giving the estimate for the 777 for MSFS, about 6 months after the release of the 737, I think.  If my memory is correct, Randazzo originally estimated the 737 to be released between September (end of summer) to December back in May/June/July of 2021.  And I think Randazzo said the 777 would come end of 2021 to early 2022, if my memory is correct.  Unfortunately, I don't have a link to this post by Randazzo, but you can search for it - it would have been a post he made in the PMDG forum in early summer or late spring of last year.

Of course, things didn't work out for the 737 and Randazzo's estimated release date for the 737 was quite off.  But at least in Randazzo's mind back in June of 2021, he was estimating the release of the 777 about 6 months after the 737.

I guess we will see when the 777 comes out for MSFS.  But at least for the MSFS SDK hurdles that PMDG has struggled with for the 737, probably most, if not all of these SDK hurdles, will have probably been overcome by PMDG for the 777 and 747.  Of course it's possible that PMDG may run into other MSFS SDK issues for the 777, but I think the chance of that is so much lower because most of the SDK hurdles PMDG faced, was probably with the 737.

I recall those posts and was - back then - very excited. But, I guess, that was before Randazzo found out that the debugging tools are so bad, that everything takes 50x as long. So I don't think that time frame is valid anymore, and I'd say mid-2023 is what we can expect for the 777.

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

They're going to release a Max?

There was no official announcement, RSR said so in a reply buried in a thread somewhere. But yes, there's a MAX in the pipeline. What he said was that they were sitting on their hands with regards to release because they didn't want to do so without Boeing's approval to avoid getting into potential political chaos that might have bad consequences for future Boeing-based products. This post was back in 2019 when the MAX fiasco was still hot and nothing else has been said thus far. Although the post sounded like it was nearly finished, my personal guess is that it has taken the backseat to the other products since.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:
20 hours ago, captain420 said:

They're going to release a Max?

Yes. 

With the fixed or the flawed MCAS?