Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG Preview Trailer Premiering Now

7 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I think what they were just saying is that PMDG hasn't taken on something new and modern in a long time. Let's be realistic. PMDG has for years just pumped out the same planes for different platforms and for handsome prices. Most of us continued to happily purchase them, because they were great. But we now have developers putting out amazing products that surpass PMDG, for free.  I know must of us are really excited about the upcoming PMDG 737, but if you look at the recent PMDG video vs. the Fenix walk-around video, it's obvious some developers are innovating more than others. 

I am assuming PMDG has access to full performance data on all the aircraft they've developed to date, so I am not shocked they're opting in on working what they know best. From the business decision stand point it makes sense and I'd think I'd approach it the same way as they did. Plus they already made commitments to the community that they'd deliver 737 to MSFS about two years ago.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 hours ago, harrry said:

not here they didn't

Perhaps Enter Air call it the 737-8 and Boeing just went with it there. MAX is still all over Boeing's website and they still paint it on the fuselage except for some airlines like Ryanair, so they haven't rebranded it.

5 hours ago, MarkW said:

Perhaps the 737 Max will appear down the road from PMDG.

PMDG have already confirmed in 2019 that there will be a MAX. The video description of the NG3 trailer mentions that too.

In general, bringing highly popular existing aircraft like the 737, 747 and 777 into MSFS is a no brainer. It would be flat out stupid not to do that from just about every perspective. With the 757 they are doing something new and one that many have been screaming for. I don't think it's relevant that they did the 757 20 years ago in this context given how vastly different flight sim aircraft are these days and how different MSFS is from FS2002 and earlier. I'm considering this new and personally can't wait for it.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

But we now have developers putting out amazing products that surpass PMDG, for free.  

Surpass and Free?

I’d be interested to know what freeware airliner for MSFS has the depth of a PMDG airline.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

18 hours ago, Zangoose said:

This posts makes 0 sense at all - Do you mean specifically the 737-700 or the 737 in general? Le'ts have a quick look at the current airborne stats from FlightAware? If we go and look at the 737-800 for example, it's currently the 2nd highest on "airborne aircraft" on FlightAware at this moment in time. 

https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

Comprehension isn't your strong point I see.

737-700

DC-8

Why do we have to wait 6 weeks between the 700 and 800. It's so they can get more cash to joy flight their DC-8 or private jet around.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

6 hours ago, VBHB said:

Comprehension isn't your strong point I see.

737-700

DC-8

Why do we have to wait 6 weeks between the 700 and 800. It's so they can get more cash to joy flight their DC-8 or private jet around.

PMDG don't own a DC-8 - It's a DC-6. Your post was never about waiting 6 weeks between versions -  If you go back and read your own post, me and others were replying back for this comment you said: "boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days"

Also you've listed a 757 - What for? PMDG haven't made one of those for FSX/P3D or MSFS currently.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 hours ago, Zangoose said:

PMDG don't own a DC-8 - It's a DC-6. Your post was never about waiting 6 weeks between versions -  If you go back and read your own post, me and others were replying back for this comment you said: "boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days"

Also you've listed a 757 - What for? PMDG haven't made one of those for FSX/P3D or MSFS currently.

Actually they own a DC-3 which they have not made for the sim.  They did make a DC-6 for the sim but do not own one.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

Actually they own a DC-3 which they have not made for the sim.  They did make a DC-6 for the sim but do not own one.

Yeah that is what I actually meant - I just knew they didn't own a DC-8! 😛

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29