Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG Preview Trailer Premiering Now

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I too wonder about this as I think the 787 would be the perfect item for PMDG.  They have not done it in the past and for that matter no one really has (not to a PMDG quality at least)

I'd rather have them work with Asobo to make the default one flyable, the texturing in the default 787 is amazing, it just needs some solid work and we're all set. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Honestly I'm more excited to see what FBW do with their planes as they are a more exciting developer these days. PMDG just seem to be run of the mill nothing really ground breaking just trudging out the boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days. It be nicer if they would do the 787 but they'll probably do the 757. I just want them to hurry up so I can get rid of my credit.

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

4 minutes ago, VBHB said:

boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days

What do you mean? United alone has 342 73X birds in operation today.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

46 minutes ago, VBHB said:

...boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days. 

There are more 737s currently in service than any other single type of commercial jet.  737s represent a full one-quarter of all airline jets flying worldwide ;).

http://www.b737.org.uk/history.htm#:~:text=Over 9%2C300 737s have been,th 737 to Southwest Airlines.

• Like 5

Andrew Crowley

2 hours ago, VBHB said:

Honestly I'm more excited to see what FBW do with their planes as they are a more exciting developer these days. PMDG just seem to be run of the mill nothing really ground breaking just trudging out the boring Boeing planes that aren't really in service these days. It be nicer if they would do the 787 but they'll probably do the 757. I just want them to hurry up so I can get rid of my credit.

This posts makes 0 sense at all - Do you mean specifically the 737-700 or the 737 in general? Le'ts have a quick look at the current airborne stats from FlightAware? If we go and look at the 737-800 for example, it's currently the 2nd highest on "airborne aircraft" on FlightAware at this moment in time. 

https://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

What do you mean? United alone has 342 73X birds in operation today.

I think what they were just saying is that PMDG hasn't taken on something new and modern in a long time. Let's be realistic. PMDG has for years just pumped out the same planes for different platforms and for handsome prices. Most of us continued to happily purchase them, because they were great. But we now have developers putting out amazing products that surpass PMDG, for free.  I know must of us are really excited about the upcoming PMDG 737, but if you look at the recent PMDG video vs. the Fenix walk-around video, it's obvious some developers are innovating more than others. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I think what they were just saying is that PMDG hasn't taken on something new and modern in a long time. Let's be realistic. PMDG has for years just pumped out the same planes for different platforms and for handsome prices. Most of us continued to happily purchase them, because they were great. But we now have developers putting out amazing products that surpass PMDG, for free.  I know must of us are really excited about the upcoming PMDG 737, but if you look at the recent PMDG video vs. the Fenix walk-around video, it's obvious some developers are innovating more than others. 

While I agree to some extent that it would be awesome to see let's say the 787 by PMDG - MSFS is still a platform that would also take a huge benefit of them releasing their current lineup: 737/777/747 that is much needed in a simulator that doesn't have these sort of planes/addons in a decent quality at this moment in time.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

On 2/19/2022 at 11:53 PM, Kilo60 said:

Then I saw theres zero AI traffic.

You need a tail gunner, you'll never out-turn a Zero in a 737. 🤣

As others have noted, the 737 NG might be out of production, at least in airliner config, but we see far more of those than we do the new version at Manchester. That's because whilst the oldest NGs are indeed 25 years old, the last one off the production line is less than three years old, and Boeing made over 7,000 of the things. Worth noting that the youngest 757 is about 18 years old, but there are still many airlines flying those things too. I think one of Jet2's Boeing 757s is of 1987 vintage if I recall correctly.

Ironically enough, for a while even really old NGs were like gold dust when the MAX was grounded, because a lot of the older NGs were in the process of being converted for cargo use, so it was difficult for airlines who wanted to acquire more 737s in passenger airliner configuration to actually get hold of any 737 at all. The situation was somewhat alleviated by the pandemic, which reduced demand for aeroplanes whilst the Max was grounded and no orders for it were able to be fulfilled, but it does show how well-liked and useful the NG is.

Theoretically, because aeroplanes are 'overbuilt', a modern airliner can last up to around 40 years or so as a viable money-making machine before it would be worth more for its spares, although some of this will depend upon its usage, for example, there is a B737-200C, which was built in 1975, that is still operational, which is C-GNLK, operating for Nolinor in Canada. That thing is 47 years old and still finds a use, whereas many A380s, which is a type which only entered service 15 years ago, are already being scrapped because airlines want range, rather than capacity. 

It's likely you'll still be going on holiday potentially in a 737 NG in 20 years or so.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 hours ago, threegreen said:

Boeing still call it the 737 MAX

not here they didn't

We are humbled by Enter Air’s commitment to the Boeing 737 family. Their order for additional 737-8s underscores their confidence in the airplane and the men and women of Boeing,” said Ihssane Mounir, senior vice president of Commercial Sales and Marketing, The Boeing Company. “We look forward to building on our decade-long partnership with Enter Air and working with the airline to safely return their full 737 fleet to commercial service.”

Harry Woodrow

3 hours ago, VBHB said:

sorry what? Im not a PMDG fan but trudging out Boeings that aren't in service?? The NG is still the backbone of many 737 fleets...lol.  I do agree why not do a Max for MSFS instead of the NG series which has just been done x times but to say the NG is not a relevant aircraft today is off the mark. 

Edited by wiler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

9 minutes ago, harrry said:

not here they didn't

I believe the formal commercial name is still "Boeing 737 MAX 8". 

ICAO equipment is "B38M"

It flies under FAA type certificate "737-8"

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

30 minutes ago, wiler said:

sorry what? Im not a PMDG fan but trudging out Boeings that aren't in service?? The NG is still the backbone of many 737 fleets...lol.  I do agree why not do a Max for MSFS instead of the NG series which has just been done x times but to say the NG is not a relevant aircraft today is off the mark. 

Wayyyyy off the mark lol. Plenty airlines still using it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Wayyyyy off the mark lol. Plenty airlines still using it. 

On average, there are always 1,250 737s flying.  

that is a lot of planes in the sky right now.

• Like 3

Harry Woodrow

I have a thing for 737 NG's; such a nice blend of new and old tech; nice hybrid features with a great cockpit and great wings.  Cabins have improved over the years. 

• Upvote 1

Simon

Perhaps the 737 Max will appear down the road from PMDG.  It may take a few years to develop which is why they are pushing out their existing products now.  They know the market will be huge for it.  I see a lot of us purchasing the PMDG 737, Phoenix bus and Leonardo MD80 in 2022.  I really hope there is a developer out there that can bring a high quality 727 to MSFS.  We have had great versions of this aircraft in flight sims going back to at least FS2004 and XPlane 10.  Some old steam is needed in the latest sim.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000