Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

You only have one chance...PMDG, Fenix or Maddog?

Will be very expensive for me: the three of them, but I need first a better GPU!

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

It'll be the PMDG 737 for me. I've been a customer of PMDG since 2004. It'll be a day 1. The Fenix sounds great, but they have no track record for me to make any type of informed decision ahead of time other than what they post. I'll probably hold off on the Maddog and go for the TFDI MD11 when it comes out. But absolutely my first pick would be the PMDG 737.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

PMDG 737. The external livery installer would work the same as P3D.

Edited by 40track

@Chapstick aaaah no, no, no this is not BREDOK. I'm sure all of the aircraft coming to MSFS which were also available for P3D are not just "ported over". It would not take 1,5 years to simply port things from one sim to another I guess.

4 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Will be very expensive for me: the three of them, but I need first a better GPU!

Ah yeah, you need a GPU providing 115/200V and 400Hz in order to have enough power for your MD80, A310s and A320s to provide sufficient EXT PWR.

• Upvote 1

It will be the 737 for me, too. I have never been partial to the Airbus design. I tried it in P3D with FSL and it never grabbed me like the 737. It was the 737 that I got in 2011 that really drew me into more complex simulations; reading manuals, trying things out in the simulator. The A320 just did not inspire me to want to learn it. But also, as a few others have said, if I want to try an Airbus I will just use the FBW one and that would be adequate for me, especially as it seems it will have almost all features developed in the next few years. 

This said, I am also looking forward to the Mad Dog!

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Hard to pick considering we still don’t know any actual reviews. First choice, MD-11! But I know that’s not the question haha so the 737. Then the Mad Dog. Last would be Fenix. I do agree it looks like it may be the best simulated aircraft, but I’m personally not an Airbus guy. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

11 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

captain sim 777/767 as i like study level 😕

No, this is no longer adequate. Only beyond study levelTM  aircraft are worthy of us hardcore simmersTM attention. 

Dan Scott

Fenix A320.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I have friend who flown MD-82 for American Airlines until they retired them, and he switched to 737. We have long conversation about cons and pro between two airplane. My friend concluding that MD-82 required more skill to fly and was fun, while 737 easier but more practical. Basically he loves both of them. So am I. I doubt I ever going to fly MD-80 or 737 IRL so I will have both of them in MSFS. And of course 320. Why restrict yourself with such a pleasure? If I can't afford to buy all at once I'll buy them one by one! LOL

• Like 7

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

39 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

You can set aside about 280 dollars to buy all three. I guess...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Fenix for me, well above the competition, and will be the ambassador of high-end liner for MSFS

But I think the OP missed one aircraft, that for me will be above the PMDG 737, it's the Inibuilds A310.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1