Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

MK Studios Rome P3D update

Just a quick update..

While Rome seems to be have a few technical difficulties on the development front, MK Studios have announced their new Porto (LPPR) scenery for P3D will becoming soon.

Their FB post stated that Porto will release after MSFS San Sebastian and MSFS Tenerife sceneries, the former released on Friday .

Porto has been in beta testing for the last few weeks.

Stay tuned!

Edited by 787flyer
Typo -minor update
  • Like 2

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

1 hour ago, 787flyer said:

Just a quick update..

While Rome seems to be have a few technical difficulties on the development front, MK Studios have announced their new Porto (LPPR) scenery for P3D will becoming soon.

Their FB post stated that Porto will release after MSFS San Sebastian and MSFS Tenerife sceneries, the former released on Friday .

Porto has been in beta testing for the last few weeks.

Stay tuned!

Yeah, nice to know, but Italy and especialy Rome is a white dot in P3d we are desperate to close. The jurrasic version by Aerosoft is no alternative actually. So i hope the Devsnot even think about going on hollydays unless Rome is ready for pthreedee...🤨😁😁

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

28 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Yeah, nice to know, but Italy and especialy Rome is a white dot in P3d we are desperate to close. The jurrasic version by Aerosoft is no alternative actually. So i hope the Devsnot even think about going on hollydays unless Rome is ready for pthreedee...🤨😁😁

Yes, its been a long time waiting. The only problem I foresee is that when LIRF is released it will likely be or already be out of date, since last month a new area of Terminal 1 was opened at the airport which added another 23 gates and there's more construction planned e.g. at least 1 new runway if not more are being proposed.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

On 6/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, BerndB said:

Agree 100%.

I don't really understand the need of Porto , there's a quite good and up-to-date version by Tropicalsim already available.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

On 6/19/2022 at 4:28 AM, BerndB said:

but Italy and especialy Rome is a white dot in P3d we are desperate to close

The most glaring absence in my overseas route map! All roads lead to... anywhere but! I really hope this happens. We're good in Sicily (Palermo and Catania) and I really like Milano Linate by JetStream Designs (taxiing past that cemetery is just so Italian). Napoli would be nice, too (ah, I have some interesting Navy-type stories about Napoli!) but doubt Aerosoft's works. Yup, P3Dv5 will never be complete without Rome.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, BerndB said:

At least, while you guys are waiting until men flies to Mars I already fly Rome 🤭

j422JBb.jpg

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 6/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, blaunarwal said:

At least, while you guys are waiting until men flies to Mars I already fly Rome 🤭

j422JBb.jpg

which version is this ? 

14ppkc-6.png

22 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

which version is this ? 

This is the "jurassic" version by Aerosoft from 2015, latest update in 2017. I use dynamic lights and exclude from iniBuilds.

5 years in TikTok times are really jurassic but I think, it still looks good and I´m glad I bought it 2017. I wonder, if MK will ever release a P3D version, thought this company is not bad and they even released for P3D5 this year in March. Things change fast these times. 

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Quick update on LIRF...

MKStudios announced yesterday on their FB page that they have completed their Rome airport scenery updates (new terminal and stands) for the MSFS version (should be released today apparently) and they are now incorporating those updates into the P3D version that was already in development.

Am sitting here patiently for this next version to release for P3D. The old distributed by Aerosoft is obviously usable and I do use it, but having an up-to-date Rome airport will be really nice.

So far, MK Studios haven't given up on this P3D project.

• Like 7

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

I will be purchasing as well if it will work in P3D4.5…

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

3 hours ago, barramundilure said:

I will be purchasing as well if it will work in P3D4.5…

On their FB post of June 1 they did confirm that LIRF will be for both v4 and v5.

Here's the excerpt from their Lisbon announcement that went on to discuss Rome...

**Lisbon updates (XP, P3D, and MSFS)**
Captains!
We're about to deliver the updates to the vendors with new runway numbers in Lisbon. MSFS and P3D are expected first, XP version will follow.
In the meantime... we're done with Porto P3D beta testing and about to start release preparations next week. Stay tuned for more info.
There were many questions about Rome P3D. We're unable to tell the date at the moment as we faced multiple performance/compatibility issues during testing. The project is a work in progress and will be delivered for P3D4 and 5.
MK
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Thanks for the info, can’t wait….

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling