Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

New Fenix glimpse

Thank you for the updated pic Guenter. Really looking forward to further news on this and especially the day when I can purchase it.

• Like 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

That looks real life to you?

It looks beautiful but I don't see the real life photograph part.

I work all day long, so I only ever get to see these on my phone. On such a small screen it does looks real.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Personally, I believe that having tempered expectations is the key to never being disappointed. In this regard salt is your friend.😁

Edited by FBW737
Punctuation
  • Upvote 1

I think the reason for the lukewarm responses is not b/c the plane doesn't look great; it certainly does! but we have a freeware AC that "looks" equally as good. Fenix will have to do its winning over on the depth of the systems. (Which, I am sure it will) 

• Like 4

Air Portugal or SATA for me please 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I am looking forward to using both the FBW version,  and the Fenix A320. Whilst they are very similar, i like to replicate actual flights and will use whatever version is flying that route on a given day.

At the rate the FBW Neo is advancing, there will likely be very little difference given time. And i for one will be utilising both.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It’s the Jetstar and Turkish airlines flights for me 🤙🏼 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PeterGraves1980 said:

Can't wait to fly Thomas Cook Airlines routes with this excellent looking aircraft

Don't forget to do an air start if you are replicating a Tommy Cook flight; the amount of times the APU was busted on those things, necessitating an APU shutdown and an air start when I used to work on the things, was unbelievable. And if you ever needed a workout, hand-cranking the cargo doors open when the hydraulics were busted, was enough to have you cancelling your gym membership. 🤣

An interesting thing to note with that screenshot, is that whilst I agree it doesn't really look like a photograph, I do think it gets the lighting quite well as a function of MSFS. One of the things you notice with an A320 flight deck, is how dark they can get; although the A320 flight deck is by no means cramped, it does have a sort of 'cosy' feeling because of the way it doesn't get very well lit up by the light coming in the windows. It was one of the things I really noticed about the A320 the first few times I went in the cockpit of the things, and they usually were Thomas Cook ones, where we'd be powering them up on remote stands at EGCC with a GPU.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 3/6/2022 at 8:18 PM, Carts85 said:

So what your saying is never get excited about anything releasing just incase it fails? You sound like a lot of fun.

And you sound like a guy who won’t learn and pre order the next Battlefield just to cry afterwards. 

And „I am not fun“ because I know how to handle expectations? How old are you? 9?

Edited by MySound

Could someone please tell if the Fenix bus loads standard flightplans into its FMC (.pln format, like the FSL busses)?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

On 3/6/2022 at 3:52 PM, jarmstro said:

I can't help feeling a bit lukewarm about this plane because of the FBW.

Looks nice, but I don't have much cash to play with. I'll stick with my community Airbus. 

Edited by gb09f

On 3/6/2022 at 3:28 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Looks good but it’s 737 for me. 

I used to share this mentality until the FBWA320 came out. Being that there were no good tubeliners available for MSFS, I decided to learn the A320 and its systems and flows. Before then, I used to scoff at the Airbus. I don't know why. Maybe it was years and years being built up of being on one "side". I can now confidently say I was missing out. Big time. I can't believe I spent so many years ignoring the Airbus just because I was happy with my PMDG Boeing planes. After learning the Airbus platform, it's opened up my world and I can't wait for more advanced systems to be released. 

Long story short: don't restrict yourself to one type, because you're missing out on a world of knowledge and fun. Also, I'm now lean towards Airbus, because word not allowed -- they have their automation figured out. 

• Like 9