Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Repainting the Flysimware 414

I'm sure that @ryanbatc will come up with some wonderful paints.  🙂

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Time to splash some color onto this bird...

(need to fix the curve in the rear...it needs more vertices too linear)

51974685284_8f457ca262_k.jpgWIP3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Looks like it could be the start of a "Queen of Hearts" livery.  That would be so cool, almost like a playing card.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

yeah, please. something like the Carenados for x-plane and P3D.

C340 II XPLANE 11

spacer.png

spacer.png

C421 C GOLDEN EAGLE FSX/P3D

spacer.png

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

WIP3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Hey Ryan,
First thing I did was get her to the wash rack for a through scrubbing....then hit her with the buffer and some polishing compound. 🙂

As you can see...she really needed it by comparing the front of the plane with the rear!hKpGSP.png

xaAieF.png

This will take a while to complete. Buffing a plane in MSFS involves working extensively with multiple texture maps to adjust many settings (both in the Albedo and COMP maps...and 3 channels separately on the COMP maps), and that's just for the fuse!

Once I finish I'll share of course...but I'll have to get permission from FSW to release this altered version of their paint.  I'll consider making a plain white, clean version for folks to paint with if they so desire, but being transparent here....I can't commit to a timeline due to a few other projects already on my plate.  Please no requests as I honestly can't fulfill them at this time.

This plane will eventually become my personal GA plane to fly around in, thus the interest in getting her looking the way I'd like her to look.  I'm exploring the possibly of adding some custom textures like enhanced panel lines and rivets, but still getting familiar with the paintkit to confirm I can get that done.

I really like her, and hoping she'll mature into a fine full release once she clears the beta!

• Like 11

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Ryan,
First thing I did was get her to the wash rack for a through scrubbing....then hit her with the buffer and some polishing compound. 🙂

Oh wow...that will keep the people who need clean planes happy hehe

And you're well above my skill level there!  But yes I think the red and gold paint I'm painfully attempting could use a shine!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

This will take a while to complete.

as real as it gets. Cessna 401 Rebuild Rescue:

spacer.png

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

21 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Ryan,

As you can see...she really needed it by comparing the front of the plane with the rear!

This will take a while to complete. Buffing a plane in MSFS involves working extensively with multiple texture maps to adjust many settings (both in the Albedo and COMP maps...and 3 channels separately on the COMP maps), and that's just for the fuse!

Once I finish I'll share of course...but I'll have to get permission from FSW to release this altered version of their paint.  I'll consider making a plain white, clean version for folks to paint with if they so desire, but being transparent here....I can't commit to a timeline due to a few other projects already on my plate.  Please no requests as I honestly can't fulfill them at this time.

This plane will eventually become my personal GA plane to fly around in, thus the interest in getting her looking the way I'd like her to look.  I'm exploring the possibly of adding some custom textures like enhanced panel lines and rivets, but still getting familiar with the paintkit to confirm I can get that done.

I really like her, and hoping she'll mature into a fine full release once she clears the beta!

Looks outstanding Steve!

I knew this bird would clean up nicely!

Please send asap lol

55 minutes ago, turbomax said:

as real as it gets. Cessna 401 Rebuild Rescue:

Love this series!  Saw the 1st ones when he was pulling rat nests out of the engine bays....great to see this plane getting another chance to get in the air.

I'm a closet auto detailer and have just enough skill and products to make an 18-year-old Lexus LS430 with original paint look like this:

Z31Hcx.png

Here I'm refinishing the headlights...

TpmRpE.png

And after in the bright Texas sunlight...

1qlv6c.png

What can I say...I like shiny things. 🙂 

I wish polishing virtual planes was as easy as polishing cars in real life. 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra
spelling
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

as real as it gets. Cessna 401 Rebuild Rescue

i've been watching this series since the beginning, it's fantastic, if not a little slow. great for relaxing. 

1 hour ago, skully said:

Looks outstanding Steve!

I knew this bird would clean up nicely!

Please send asap lol

I'll take a clean and shiney version also please.

Thanks

ns

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Here's a couple of shots showing some new reworked prop disks from this nice repaint of the 414.

If you want to use these prop disk textures on  the other liveries, just copy the four prop texture dds and json files from this repaint and copy them into the main 414 texture folder and they'll work with all of your other repaints.

Cessna 414A Chancellor D-IAMR | 2022 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

414ew1jxj.png

414f9hky5.png

Hmmm...seem to be making better progress than I expected.   

@ryanbatc you might be getting your plain white textures to paint on sooner than we thought. 😉

h2foX0.png

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

16 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hmmm...seem to be making better progress than I expected.   

@ryanbatc you might be getting your plain white textures to paint on sooner than we thought. 😉

h2foX0.png

Wow!  I now have two paints underway hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |