Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

The Fenix project, any news?

Fly the Maddog MD80. Its here. Its hard! I still have figured out the Plight plan and how to Fly it! 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

I like the 737 as a plane and visually the PMDG rendition looks very nice. 

Lol subtly throwing PMDG under the Carenado bus.  I like it.

extra double points for tying them in with the Arcade XBox crowd.  who is up for it?

Some of the die hard Fenix cheerleaders went from overly optimistic to scorned in only a matter of two months...amazing 🤣😂

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Some of the die hard Fenix cheerleaders went from overly optimistic to scorned in only a matter of two months

I've seen a lot of people praising Fenix and comparing an unreleased product to ones that have actually been released. I'm very excited about the Fenix bus, but we all have to wait to see what it actually is and people using it as the pinnacle of addons before it's released is kind of silly. Im definitely not saying you've done that at all, just responding to what other Fenix fans have claimed. Either way, it looks like it could be the next new thing and will make others (looking at you PMDG) to step up their game. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I've seen a lot of people praising Fenix and comparing an unreleased product to ones that have actually been released. I'm very excited about the Fenix bus, but we all have to wait to see what it actually is and people using it as the pinnacle of addons before it's released is kind of silly. Im definitely not saying you've done that at all, just responding to what other Fenix fans have claimed. Either way, it looks like it could be the next new thing and will make others (looking at you PMDG) to step up their game. 

Agreed, I just felt it's pretty silly a company like PMDG with a proven track record and history of solid RELEASED QUALITY products and CUSTOMER SERVICE has to prove themselves to be better than Fenix a company with ZERO RELEASED products and ZERO TRACK RECORD of any customer service.🤣 I get the simmer base want's a new hero in shiny armor after years and years of the same devs (PMDG,Aerosoft, etc etc) dominating the 3rd party addon game, but Fenix holds no proven product standard yet that other companies would need strive to be like nor to hold up to. I'm excited for this Fenix A320 as I always try and support all companies and purchase all addon products, even if it means having more than one of the same aircraft model, so I will be excited to see Fenix come out swing hard throwing haymakers at the competition.🤜 

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

To me, like some others above have said, it looks likes Fenix is biding its time to release their A320 to ensure a high level of quality and also to not share the spotlight with other major 3PD aircraft releases. As Aamir and team have regularly said, they only have one chance at making a good first impression so they want to put themselves in the best position for that.  Katie pretty much just said "timing is everything".

Personally I'm hoping they're aiming to release during the SU9 lifetime rather than wait till SU10, but if it gets closer to July, they might well wait till after SU10 releases... all conjecture of course.

Given that Katie said "... create things that have yet to be seen in a simulator, and there’s a balance to be struck between sharing progress and giving away all our secrets ...", it would very probably have to be some feature(s) not shown yet in any of their features previews on https://fenixsim.com/blog/ ... I really do hope they set a new bar for 3PD aircrafts in MSFS & flight simulation in general, competition is always a good thing for the consumer 🙂

Who is Katie?  Is she part of the Fenix development team?

1 minute ago, sim4good said:

I believe she is a beta-tester and a real 737 pilot. 

• Like 1

Ah Finally, I Figured why My Flt plan was not being taken from the FMC to the Airplane. The GPS. I am to enter the coordinates (or press the keys and take it) to the empty GPS coordinates.

See  I am learning to fly the Maddog the way it is flown, Albeit Engine started. If the 737 was released I would never have learn to fly the Maddog. 🙂

It has auto throttle. But does it have to be in a Particular position? The auto speed function is not quite working for me... I have to manually adjust like the CRJ Hmmm

Next how to start the engines (this is not important. (Its a lot of work). I am getting there.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

17 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I believe she is a beta-tester and a real 737 pilot. 

She flies the A320 in Europe. She's very enthusiastic about this product.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 minute ago, WestAir said:

She flies the A320 in Europe. She's very enthusiastic about this product.

She's also not neutral or objective, since she might even be an employed (=paid) part of the testing team. At least that's what I judge by her frequent responses on discord and the way she always talks about "we" and "us". So let's take that with a grain of salt.
I have a good feeling, but I think anyone has to manage their expectations. There exists no monster-level realistic add on without any bugs and for like 80$. There have to be sacrifices made somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

She's also not neutral or objective, since she might even be an employed (=paid) part of the testing team. At least that's what I judge by her frequent responses on discord and the way she always talks about "we" and "us". So let's take that with a grain of salt.
I have a good feeling, but I think anyone has to manage their expectations. There exists no monster-level realistic add on without any bugs and for like 80$. There have to be sacrifices made somewhere.

If she says she's not being paid, there's no reason to believe otherwise. Maybe she's excited about the project because shes a part of something that could be a game changer. She's just a tester who gets "paid" by having access to the plane. Chewwy has said it is the best plane he's ever flown in any sim and he's a guy who has no problem bashing MSFS when he wants to. We can be skeptical but I don't think our skepticism should lead us to baseless speculation about people being dishonest.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, sim4good said:

She's an IRL A320 FO:
https://twitter.com/katie_pilot
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpT5sW_zgUem1mPkPVUmdLQ
https://www.twitch.tv/katiepilot/about

Also, Blackbox, a well respected simmer/tester (and IRL A320 pilot) left FSLabs' testing team to join Fenix as a tester in 2021.. like Katie he's also not paid by Fenix nor FSL:
https://blackbox.oneengineout.com/
https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/30340-did-fslabs-miss-the-msfs-train-with-the-upcoming-fenix-a320/&do=findComment&comment=242746
https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/30340-did-fslabs-miss-the-msfs-train-with-the-upcoming-fenix-a320/&do=findComment&comment=242771

Quite obviously we need to all wait to see the released product in action before validating all the pre-release praise it's been getting from the testers/streamers who have access to the beta... but if I were a betting man, given the depth of simulation shown on https://fenixsim.com/blog/ in their feature previews, together with the fact that the aircraft's systems are an extension of the https://prosim-ar.com/prosima320/ code, together with all the praise from testers who have the product currently: I'd say chances are high it's going to be something special.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Agreed, I just felt it's pretty silly a company like PMDG with a proven track record and history of solid RELEASED QUALITY products and CUSTOMER SERVICE has to prove themselves to be better than Fenix a company with ZERO RELEASED products and ZERO TRACK RECORD of any customer service.🤣 I get the simmer base want's a new hero in shiny armor after years and years of the same devs (PMDG,Aerosoft, etc etc) dominating the 3rd party addon game, but Fenix holds no proven product standard yet that other companies would need strive to be like nor to hold up to. I'm excited for this Fenix A320 as I always try and support all companies and purchase all addon products, even if it means having more than one of the same aircraft model, so I will be excited to see Fenix come out swing hard throwing haymakers at the competition.🤜 

It's not that, it's just that products for the new sim should set a higher bar.  So far the MD and the 37 still look and seem like yesteryears product with no new (or very little) innovation.

Everyone is hyped about FNX because they've already shown us a ton of stuff that no one has done yet.  So yes, while we still have to wait see in the end, it already looks to be about 99.9% better.  At this point they'd have to work harder to make it bad.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

3 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It's not that, it's just that products for the new sim should set a higher bar.  So far the MD and the 37 still look and seem like yesteryears product with no new (or very little) innovation.

So what do you want dev's to do? Invent things the planes do not have? Would after burners on the MD 82 make it more innotive or perhaps 6 engines on the 146? Rather than moaning, would it not be better to be actually happy that the planes are coming into the sim and now we are getting decent planes? 

I really dont get what you expect? In general the planes in MSFS will look better, more than likely use or have full simbreif intergtaion so no need to download files, and as long as they do what they do in other sims i.e. model all the same systems etc what else do you want them to do?

Such a misgudied post, a moan for monas sake.

11 minutes ago, a321 said:

So what do you want dev's to do? Invent things the planes do not have? Would after burners on the MD 82 make it more innotive or perhaps 6 engines on the 146? Rather than moaning, would it not be better to be actually happy that the planes are coming into the sim and now we are getting decent planes? 

I really dont get what you expect? In general the planes in MSFS will look better, more than likely use or have full simbreif intergtaion so no need to download files, and as long as they do what they do in other sims i.e. model all the same systems etc what else do you want them to do?

Such a misgudied post, a moan for monas sake.

Have you actually compared the 37 to FNXs A320?  You can easily see.  As far as the MD and the 146...FS9 called and wants their graphics back.  

Look, I wasn't trying to come off bashing them.  It's good that their in the new sim, but they really could have done better.  That's just my opinion.  I'm not trying to tell anyone not to buy them.  I've been a PMDG buyer since day 1 on their first days of release.  I think with all the money I've spent on them, I have the right, just like anyone else.

We ALL have the right to be critical.  That's one the main purposes of even having a forum here or anywhere else.  I support PMDG and all the others 100%, but we still should be able to criticize them when it's justified.  I think in this case it's FULLY justified.  You may not and that's OK too.

So, don't tell me I'm misguided and just moaning when I've been a FS user since before windows and probably since before you were born.  Go take a look at the products and ACTUALLY see what they're offering/planning and then come back and talk to me in a more educated manner.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply