Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had over 1500 hours in the PMDG 800 back in P3D, even bought some training manuals for it by Mike Ray. One day, I decided that it just wasn't any fun anymore, and never flew it again. I went to the Q 400 from there, and then A2A.  

I have not had a PMDG experience since FSX, so I had to get at least one 737 and maybe one day the 777.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

See, my route has been a bit different...lol. I stayed way away from tubeliners to include PMDG back during the FSX time, and was all into A2A back then. Moved onto P3D and just got deeper into A2A...lots of bush flying with the Cub, and GA love with the Cessna's, Pipers and the Bonanza, and also loved the Accusim warbirds...all of them, the B-17, Spitfire, Texan, P-51 and P40. I love love loved me some A2A Accusim. Then along comes MSFS, and A2A are nowhere to be found. I gave them some time to figure out MSFS, as I understand Accusim would be difficult to figure out how to work with MSFS. After two years though, that time has run out for me. Other developers started to come out with similar quality...JF with the Arrows and recently the 146, and then PMDG with the DC-6 and now the 737. The DC-6 was one of the earlier, more complicated aircraft for MSFS, so I jumped in. Next thing I knew, I was enjoying flying a tubeliner, albeit one from over half a century ago. But, I enjoyed it. Then comes the 146, and jumped and figured out the cockpit, and had even more fun. Now there is the 737, and I am in love. But, I STILL very much love my GA. The C414 and the C310 are awesome!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I'm using the Honeycomb Alpha and the length of travel of the elevator doesn't seem to sync up with the length of travel of the yoke in the cockpit. When I've pulled the Alpha back about 2/3 of the way (at most) I've hit the full travel length of the cockpit yoke. Is anybody else getting this too? Just seems a bit weird as in every other plane they sync up I think. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:04 PM, DavidP said:

OK, so I bought the 310. One thing I have noticed is that upon lift off, with the aircraft properly configured, the aircraft will develop a roll to the left to the point where it goes beyond 30 deg angle of bank and will spiral to the ground. 

This may well be my controls not calibrated properly, although I did do a calibration through Win 10.

Any ideas? I am a multi engine Instructor, although I haven't flown a 310 - however I have flown a C340 amongst quite a few other real twins, and I find it hard to believe this is normal behaviour for a 310, so I am hoping it is my control setup.

David, For the first three or four flights, I encountered exactly what you report. Except I think my ac rolled to the right. I checked the usual culprits: control tracking, power imbalance, rudder and aileron trim. All seemed normal. It wasn't until I physically adjusted the rudder and aileron trim in the ac and centered the trim. The "dots" looked centered, but obviously they weren't. This was immediately after a fresh download. I had never touched those controls. After I touched them and re-centered them, all has been fine. You just might double check with actually manipulating the trims. Good luck..

8 hours ago, Tektolnes said:

I'm using the Honeycomb Alpha and the length of travel of the elevator doesn't seem to sync up with the length of travel of the yoke in the cockpit. When I've pulled the Alpha back about 2/3 of the way (at most) I've hit the full travel length of the cockpit yoke. Is anybody else getting this too? Just seems a bit weird as in every other plane they sync up I think. 

I check and I confirm I have the same behaviour with my Honeycomb Alpha yoke. Could it explain some people have the feeling the pitch is sensitive (ratio issue) ?

We have (finally) bought this hardware and will be "testing" using it... however, the aircraft is actually quite pitchy, especially at lower speeds.  Thin wings and a very short nose don't help.  (hence the reason to keep your speed up as you're landing... keep that flare short and sweet...

• Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

30 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We have (finally) bought this hardware and will be "testing" using it... however, the aircraft is actually quite pitchy, especially at lower speeds.

Thanks - I'll check later to see if the elevator continues to move after I've hit the stop in the virtual cockpit but am still pulling back on my physical yoke. I suspect that it will still move ok and that it's maybe just a yoke animation issue being out of sync with the actual elevator movement.

I have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and I love how the aircraft responds to my control inputs.

The only thing I had to do was to adopt & learn how to lift off smoothly without flaps. Other than that, it's very convincing & effective.

For those that use it - 

NEW GTN 750 RELEASE V2.1.35

See https://pms50.com/ 

The backspace event was not working on the transponder keyboard.

Lowercase letter events were not working in the general text keyboard.

Digit 0 event was not working on some keyboards.

Optimizing GPS switching code (disabling GTN750 interaction when hidden).

Added NextGen Bandeirante and Milviz 310R as WTT compatible aircraft.

5 hours ago, 6297J said:

and Milviz 310R as WTT compatible aircraft.

What does that mean exactly...? I am using the free version of the PMS device. 

36 minutes ago, tup61 said:

What does that mean exactly...? I am using the free version of the PMS device. 

Have a look at the PMS50 web site, and look for Aircraft mods

Bert

So is there already an update to the C310 ?

If so, how do I download it from the Milviz site ?

9 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

So is there already an update to the C310 ?

If so, how do I download it from the Milviz site ?

Not yet.

On 5/8/2022 at 2:36 PM, Bobsk8 said:

+20

Great suggestion Bob. I changed the curve sensitivity to +35 to make the elevator less twitchy. Extreme sensitivity to +20 feels better on my initial try. This was in the Kodiak. Close to perfect with the Honeycomb Alpha.