Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

I am really getting tired of all these updates

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

This is MSFS water in 7 knots winds.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHnuaTOstc5v4pEkxWIbXsv8qFnBrlgoH

Oh, that looks good, yeah, the water is no outright 'dog'...but your amphibian doesn't react to the water and wave peaks.  It sort of sits on a rail, like at Disney Land and the Nautilus sub ride.   I just hope they can fix all that...

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Considering the praise he gave it, I gotta say that P3D water looks......yikes!

LOL...'yikes'  yeah, or 'yikes' nay...lol.   I run with the P3D v5.x water at full throttle... 🙂

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

This is MSFS water in 7 knots winds.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHnuaTOstc5v4pEkxWIbXsv8qFnBrlgoH

As a boater in the Chesapeake Bay, I can vouch for waves like that in a steady 7kt wind. 

The major factor is the alignment of the wind to the direction of the tide. If they are going in opposite directions, the washing machine effect happens and you get short interval steep faced choppy slop. Same in the Helliware Bay (Delaware). 

MSFS is probably not factoring that in though.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

16 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

As a boater in the Chesapeake Bay, I can vouch for waves like that in a steady 7kt wind. 

The major factor is the alignment of the wind to the direction of the tide. If they are going in opposite directions, the washing machine effect happens and you get short interval steep faced choppy slop. Same in the Helliware Bay (Delaware). 

MSFS is probably not factoring that in though.

Wow right on!🍻

I’ve been boating and fishing on the Chesapeake/Solomons Island since a kid.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And landing at the default Manchester in MSFS looked worse than that by UK2000 in P3D. So addon airports are still required

Says the guy with who doesn't own nor use MSFS extensively.   Most default airports are excellent out of the box and many are breathtakingly excellent says the guy with vast experience in both MSFS and P3D/FSX.  Add-on airports are exceedingly optional by comparison to the absolute garbage in P3D unless a massive upgrade happened in v5.x.  

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Says the guy with who doesn't own nor use MSFS extensively. 

Since when does one have to purchase a product in order to evaluate it? It was on a fellow enthusiasts PC. You really are trying my patience. I praise the sim for the things that I like about it but you completely ignore that and pick on the aspect I found unrealistic.

24 minutes ago, Noel said:

Most default airports are excellent out of the box and many are breathtakingly excellent says the guy with vast experience in both MSFS and P3D/FSX.  Add-on airports are exceedingly optional by comparison to the absolute garbage in P3D unless a massive upgrade happened in v5.x.  

Well guess what! Manchester wasn’t. And given it’s my local airport and I know it extremely well I think I trust my judgement.

Your lack of objectivity really is something to behold.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Since when does one have to purchase a product in order to evaluate it? It was on a fellow enthusiasts PC. You really are trying my patience. I praise the sim for the things that I like about it but you completely ignore that and pick on the aspect I found unrealistic.

One doesn't, but one's credibility is strained when his experience is limited to someone else's PC. If you do not use MSFS on a regular basis, your opinions may still have some value, but have to be taken in that context. If I am considering buying a particular car model, I am certainly going to be more interested in talking to someone who actually owns that car, as opposed to someone who occasionally borrows one belonging to a friend. Would you not say the same thing? I bought MSFS 8 months ago and I am still learning its nuances. I encourage you to do so too. You might be surprised at what you find.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Comparing MSFS 2020 to P3D is like comparing a DaVinci to a Bob Ross painting.😏

But at least it's more affordable.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 hours ago, cobalt said:

One doesn't, but one's credibility is strained when his experience is limited to someone else's PC. If you do not use MSFS on a regular basis, your opinions may still have some value, but have to be taken in that context.

Credibility is strained? Really? So using your logic no one’s first views on a new aircraft can be considered worthy because they’ve only flown the aircraft once. Yet hours after the Fenix Airbus was launched favourable opinions were accepted without question.

I notice you don’t question the good things I said about MSFS. Hmmm.

7 hours ago, cobalt said:

If I am considering buying a particular car model, I am certainly going to be more interested in talking to someone who actually owns that car, as opposed to someone who occasionally borrows one belonging to a friend.

What an odd comparison. No, I wouldn’t ask anyone’s opinion. I would trust my own judgement. If my friend was a foot shorter than me how valuable would their opinion be?

What I’m seeing here is any criticism of MSFS is frowned upon. It’s that I find bizarre. We’re all entitled to an opinion and to suggest my credibility is being strained reflects more on you than me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, cobalt said:

Does this thread now have any relevance to the original topic? 

12 hours later. Nope.

• Like 1

@Kyuss, I’ve said all I want to.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yesterday I flew into Lisbon with photogrammetry on with the Fenix A320 with real weather, the latest update seems to have improved photogrammetry at least in my system. The visuals were amazing. I could never get this sort of visual experience from P3D, and personally this is relevant to how immersed I feel.

With the Fenix and the PMDG 737, and after this flight yesterday, I’ve finally uninstalled P3D v5 for good. This is my choice based on my personal preferences and observation, but clearly we’re all different, I’m just happy we all have so much choice right now compared to how we all felt when Microsoft stopped supporting FSX and some people even thought it would be the death of our hobby.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

I certainly cannot argue with the quality of those visuals. That looked extremely realistic. I am less sold on the ATC voices.....but that is another story.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Cm2297 said:

Yesterday I flew into Lisbon with photogrammetry on with the Fenix A320 with real weather, the latest update seems to have improved photogrammetry at least in my system. The visuals were amazing. I could never get this sort of visual experience from P3D, and personally this is relevant to how immersed I feel.

Nice video! It's too bad that ASOBO forgot what they did with the Iberia WU8 because Italy looks like word not allowed after their WU9. Iberia looks great!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.