Sign in to follow this  
tfm

PMDG 737 - flight planning not great, otherwise seems good

KSNA to CYHZ - cost to cost endurance test 5+ hours in real time no CTD or performance degradation! Very impressed!

unknown.png?width=2235&height=1257

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

10 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

How do you DL a copy for MSFS to use?

What file format is it in the list and will it have SIDS STARS that MSFS can also use or do you have to put those in manually?

Thanks 

See page 116 in the "PMDG_737_MSFS_Introduction.pdf" document. The section is called "FMC SAVED FLIGHT PLANS AND COMPANY DATALINK"

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Simple use simbrief for flight plans, you can also DL a copy for MSFS to use, that way it should work OK with msfs ATC but dont click on a park/gate on the map, use the drop down window.

Or the ingame flight planner if they were wise enough to integrate it.

Sorry not read whole thread but this in manual - first flight tonight for me and simbrief integration worked great!

Using Simbrief to create a flight plan and weather data
In your SimBrief Downloader define an additional two folders pointing at <MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans under PMDG FLIGHTPLANS
and
<MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX under PMDG WIND UPLINK.
Make sure you check the tick mark next to the PMDG FLIGHTPLAN and PMDG WIND UPLINK entries.
Now follow these simple steps.
1. Create a flight plan
Create a flight plan through the SimBrief web interface.
2. Generate OFP
Click on Generate OFP and press OK at the prompt.
3. Download created data via the SImbrief Downlaoder app
Launch the SimBrief Downloader app and make sure your newly created flight appears in the LATEST FLIGHT PLAN field entry at the top. Now
0.00.118 PMDG 737
INTRODUCTION
MAY 2022 DO NOT DUPLICATE For Simulator Use Only
press EXPORT SELECTED FORMATS. Your flightplan and weather data are now saved in the correct folders for the FMC to fetch and use upon request.
Tips and Hints
Before you request WIND data for the PMDG 737 aircraft make sure your PERF INIT page is complete and EXEC’ed. Furthermore, there must be a valid FMC position available which in turn means that at least one IRS unit is fully ALI|GN’ed and in the NAV position. The 737 FMC unlike other Boeings will only read data for one defined cruise altitude and only cruise waypoints. Hence the need to have PERF INIT complete and EXEC’ed and an FMC position valid.
When you request descent forecast data for the first time (the relevant CDU pages contain no data), wind data will be retrieved for a predefined set of 3 altitudes and need to be EXEC’ed. You may subsequently manually edit any or all of those predefined altitudes with values of your choice. In the latter case you should post another DES FOREACT request. The FMC will then automatically load wind data for your new edited altitudes which you have to EXEC again.
In general be aware of the fact that unlike previous generations of FS, forecasted data are generated by software that has no direct control over the internal MSFS weather. Forecasted values may thus vary from actual in sim weather. Fortunately the FMC just like its real world counterpart will mix actual with forecasted data using specific real world functions, both vertically (climb/descend) and along the route. NOTE: if

• Upvote 2

Thomas Derbyshire

6 hours ago, DAD said:

simbrief - not as simple as importing like with the FBW but use the simbrief downloader and it puts the .rte file in the PMDG folder and then you can select and load the FP from within the FMS

Yes, but based on my experience last night, you have to do the SB download BEFORE you start the game.

What I did, was start the game, pick the 737, pick my departure AP then hit fly.  I then went to SB and created a flight, DL it and tried to load it into the plane, and it wasn't there.  After a restart it was there, so if you want multiple flights in one session, I don't think it's possible.  Maybe it would have worked if I was at the world screen and not in the plane.  I'll try some scenarios to find out.

4 minutes ago, Blueline308 said:

Yes, but based on my experience last night, you have to do the SB download BEFORE you start the game.

What I did, was start the game, pick the 737, pick my departure AP then hit fly.  I then went to SB and created a flight, DL it and tried to load it into the plane, and it wasn't there.  After a restart it was there, so if you want multiple flights in one session, I don't think it's possible.  Maybe it would have worked if I was at the world screen and not in the plane.  I'll try some scenarios to find out.

If you install it into the appdata folder you don't need to restart, it will load it on the fly.

53 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Or the ingame flight planner if they were wise enough to integrate it.

Its not "wise" to use the MSFS, its wise to use simbrief.

Watch this and learn to see who is wise to use simbrief for an aircraft like the PMDG 737.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

If you install it into the appdata folder you don't need to restart, it will load it on the fly.

That is where it installed, and was found by the plane on a restart of the game, so yeah, it was DL into the proper folder.

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

I’m going to try more out but I’m interested to see what others are experiencing.  Mine was KSLC 30R SPTNS1.VLREE SID if anyone wants to give it a try and see how it works.

How much was it off? Did you have to make changes to your flight plan?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Anybody know how to get the fuel truck to unload fuel from the plane? When I load the plane there's a lot of fuel in aircraft. I load my sim brief flight plan and enter the fuel load, which will be less than what the plane has, then bring through the FMC the fuel truck. But I have no idea how to get it to bring fuel to the plane or remove fuel from a plane the start button is in Gray. The fuel truck is parked under the wing with a hose from the underground tank system to a hose to the wing. 

Now concerning the Bravo throttle system? Raising the landing gear is causing an issue. It seems that it will  raise the wheels up but keep the hydraulic system activated and the lights will be green and red. If I bring the landing gear lever down real quick then it seems to stow the landing gear properly. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

One thing to check. There is a bank angle selector knob on the back of the heading select knob. Kinda square shaped. 

Thanks I forgot all about that, I left it wherever it would be by default, I’ll check it out.

3 hours ago, spesimen said:

i was going to try this out but it seems that KSLC does not have a 30R or that SID haha. typo in the airport name?

Oh shoot, sorry about that!  Yes KSJC was the airport.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, espent said:

How much was it off? Did you have to make changes to your flight plan?

I’m not sure maybe a couple of miles?) but far enough off that the aircraft had to come back at a pretty sharp angle to intercept the flight plan rather than a smooth 180 degree turn after departure as shown in the charts and nav display.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Watch this and learn to see who is wise to use simbrief for an aircraft like the PMDG 737.

Wow. I watched that video and I feel like its time to retire from flight simulation. Full of information for sure, but I've been flying RW flights forever and its never taken me that many steps to find a flight.

In the US, Flightaware is the way to go. If you know where you are coming from and going to, use the link in the last sentence. If you know where you want to depart from, go to the main Flightaware page and put the departure airport in the search bar. Select "Scheduled Departures" to find flights in the future. If you want to fly to that airport, pick "Scheduled Arrivals" to see what will be arriving and from where. Click a flight, and you get everything you need to input into Simbrief except for the passenger and cargo load. I just wing those.

There is no need for me to to verify that the flight plans are valid for scheduled flights because an actual, paid, professional airline dispatcher already did that before they put them into the system. For previously flown flights, I know that they are valid because an airline already flew it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I use the MSFS ATC and noice I'd I don't place a destination in the default planner I won't be able to request an IFR clearance

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

"otherwise seems good" are you kidding me.

Just took it for a spin and all I can say is WOW!!!! 

In the years I have been simming, this is the first aircraft that on its initial release, I did not have to change any of my visual settings, the performance of this aircraft is AMAZING. Hats off to PMDG for such dedication to performance and visual quality. Hard to believe why some find this masterpiece to be just "good", that, is beyond me.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 6

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo