Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

PMDG 737 appreciation topic!

I'm going through the FMC this evening - particularly ground services, etc so far and this thing is absolutely astonishing. About to enter a route next.

spacer.png

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

C'mon Father's Day!

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

I agree 100%. I started flight simming in 1981. Made Flight Unlimited III as the lead designer in 1999. Then worked on FlightSim.com until 2002 maybe, then became a charter and jet pilot. I have never experienced more flightsim and joy until the other day. August 20, 2020. And now, May 9, 2022. I fly a real challenger 300 for a job and look forward to my hotel trips so I can use PMDG 737!!!! BBJ lives!!!!! Peter James

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

C'mon Father's Day!

always a earlier  fathers  Day 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, JETPETER2 said:

I agree 100%. I started flight simming in 1981. Made Flight Unlimited III as the lead designer in 1999. Then worked on FlightSim.com until 2002 maybe, then became a charter and jet pilot. I have never experienced more flightsim and joy until the other day. August 20, 2020. And now, May 9, 2022. I fly a real challenger 300 for a job and look forward to my hotel trips so I can use PMDG 737!!!! BBJ lives!!!!! Peter James

Wow, you and I have treaded some similar ground.  I was the terrain engine developer for Fly 2 way back in the day in 2000.  Glad to see we're both still here and having fun!

MSFS and the PMDG 737 are a marvel to behold.  A flightsim dream come true.  It's been a long road getting here...but we have finally arrived!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JETPETER2 said:

That's some storied history! You were the lead designer for Flight Unlimited 3 wow (I see that now in reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Unlimited_III) ... Before MSFS that's the flight sim series that gave me the most joy, and I started flight simming with the Sublogic offerings on the Commodore 64 in 1986 🙂 ... and ya until MSFS came into the picture in 2020 was never as excited about flight simming between that period. Great to hear from someone like you with such experience in both flight sim development as well as IRL piloting experience.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Starlifter60 said:

C'mon Father's Day!

So nice of you to buy one for your father...!

----------------------------

I bought the BAe 146 instead. Compared to the default (172 glass screen) GA planes, the BAe lost about 15% of fps. 26 fps instead of 30 on my system. Youtubers say no loss of fps compared to default planes with the 737. Judging from Youtube the 737 has a little nicer textures outside and inside. But the BAe is well above average in both types of textures, just not up to the 737 standards. The 737 has slightly more stable flight model and easier to land than the BAe judging by Youtube. But even the BAe can be hand flown and landed much easier than the 2 Asobo default Boeings.

The only reason I bought the BAe was because it can land at more airports (shorter runways) has all steam gauges (which I prefer), and its FMC will load flight plans made on the MSFS map page (a faster way to set them up for casual users). 

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I like it....hehe then again I may be a little biased because I helped make her as great as she is. 😊

In fact I like her so much...I just painted and released liveries 12 and 13 just today!  TUI all while literally just a minute ago and Austrian this morning.  All the painters seem to like her too...she has been out for 2 days, and there is over 160 paints for her!  Good night...at this rate, you guys will have EVERY livery she ever flew in by the end of the year, LOL.  And this is just for the -700....wait until the -800 hits the streets!

sRm9c8.png

s9EzdE.png

Guys...and as if this wasn't enough...she will be getting better as PMDG figures stuff out, and they'll slip in updates through the OPs Center as they go.  The little stubby -600 is next, the the -800.  I think we have the rest of this week and the weekend off before Rob will crack the whip and get us testing the -600.  NO rest for the weary...but guys...you gotta admit, all the hard work the entire PMDG team and the weary beta testers was well worth it! 🙂 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 8

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

OMG the legend himself!

Peter....honored that you've dipped in here to comment on the 737....I can tell you as a beta tester on the team, it was quite the honor to test what I feel is the best flightsim aircraft package I've ever seen.

There is so much to this bird a lot of simmers have not even explored yet....and its almost impossible to see a screenshot like this (and it was early in the beta) and not just say....WOW.

XEVr4a.png

And after we got into the routine of testing her...it "almost" got "Meh...gotta' fly the 737 today and test XYZ"...then we got to test multiplayer, and I have to say it was probably the most fun I'd ever had simming...flying my China Southern paint while 2 good buddies flew 2 of my other paints around Seattle....

CKvW24.png

It simply does not get better than this in the flightsimming world. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nothing but kudos for PMDG and this version of the 737, 10 hours flying so far, not a glitch! ...and the bonus of coming EFB and other features. The rollout of third party liveries has been unbelievably fast and adds to this fine aircraft. If this is the intro product, I can't wait for the rest of the 737 range of models to come and eventually the 777 and 747. The 737 has been reborn from it's FSX beginnings to it's true niche in MSFS.

• Like 3

steve southey

Just to add a comment from a flight simmer since 2002.  The PMDG 737-700 is easily the nicest aircraft I've flown on a simulator in 20 years !  Thank you PMDG and your awesome team members ! :wub:

• Like 5

WAT1460.png

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I like it....hehe then again I may be a little biased because I helped make her as great as she is. 😊

In fact I like her so much...I just painted and released liveries 12 and 13 just today!  TUI all while literally just a minute ago and Austrian this morning.  All the painters seem to like her too...she has been out for 2 days, and there is over 160 paints for her!  Good night...at this rate, you guys will have EVERY livery she ever flew in by the end of the year, LOL.  And this is just for the -700....wait until the -800 hits the streets!

sRm9c8.png

s9EzdE.png

Guys...and as if this wasn't enough...she will be getting better as PMDG figures stuff out, and they'll slip in updates through the OPs Center as they go.  The little stubby -600 is next, the the -800.  I think we have the rest of this week and the weekend off before Rob will crack the whip and get us testing the -600.  NO rest for the weary...but guys...you gotta admit, all the hard work the entire PMDG team and the weary beta testers was well worth it! 🙂 

We need necessary some "dirty liverys".

Missing them..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

Made Flight Unlimited III as the lead designer in 1999.

That was an amazing piece of software. It felt so far ahead of its competitors in terms of visuals, sound and atmosphere in general (as had been the case with Flight Unlimited II). A true milestone!

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

The PMDG 737NG is an amazing add-on! Steep learning curve, but that's what we've been looking for, right? 😉

On a slightly different note: Does anyone know what the upcoming PMDG aircraft are, once the whole 737 release (600, 800, 900) is over? It's hard to find on their forums, the only statement I saw was "Once we reach approximately the 24 week mark after release of the 737-700, we will slow the rate of updates in order to devote greater resources to wrapping up the 777 development" ( https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/167111-08apr22-pmdg-737-for-msfs-developer-update-entering-the-home-stretch ).

So probably the 777 is next, then at some point further down the line the 747, and later maybe the 757 Rob had on his desk during one of the video interviews... Anything else that we can count as semi-confirmed? 😉 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

36 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Steep learning curve

Unless one had been flying it for 17yrs, since 2004. 🙂

• Like 1