Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

Nothing will ever beat Radar Contact IMHO. That app just worked and did everything, Smooth and realistic AI control. It was the best IMHO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, a321 said:

Nothing will ever beat Radar Contact IMHO. That app just worked and did everything, Smooth and realistic AI control. It was the best IMHO.

Do you know how many calls to FISDO I had because they wanted me down "In 10 miles or less"? 😂

I miss it, haha.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, a321 said:

I agree 😎

André

3 hours ago, a321 said:

Lol I still put a 40nm ring around my destination, just in case!

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Wish somebody would come out with a program that would allow RC to work with MSFS, like they did with XP11. I have used FSHud twice so far and both times I got halfway through the flight and ATC forgot about me. Never heard another word from them, although I could hear them talking to other aircraft. I'll try it again tomorrow, but so far I'm not impressed...

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

There is at least one thing I miss when using FSHud - it is the taxi ribbon for showing the correct path to the runway or to the gate. At the moment I do not use Navigraph charts, but I own Aivlasoft EFB. So when using FSHud, I will use the moving map of it for taxing to and from the runway.

Patric

3 minutes ago, pscharff said:

There is at least one thing I miss when using FSHud - it is the taxi ribbon for showing the correct path to the runway or to the gate. At the moment I do not use Navigraph charts, but I own Aivlasoft EFB. So when using FSHud, I will use the moving map of it for taxing to and from the runway.

Patric

Don't own FSHud but doesn't it has an arrow that shows you the way during taxi? 

9 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Wish somebody would come out with a program that would allow RC to work with MSFS, like they did with XP11. I have used FSHud twice so far and both times I got halfway through the flight and ATC forgot about me. Never heard another word from them, although I could hear them talking to other aircraft. I'll try it again tomorrow, but so far I'm not impressed...

That would be FS++ Simulations. They did update MCE to work with MSFS. They have a dedicated form here at AVSIM. Ask them.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Don't own FSHud but doesn't it has an arrow that shows you the way during taxi? 

Yes, there is an arrow. I need to check this feature a little more, if it is suitable for taxiing at the airport.

Patric

I can live with limited functionality for some time, but what scares me away from purchase is one important fact:

FSHUD does not actually control MSFS AI traffic. It's still controlled by MSFS. Instead FSHUD re-injects AI traffic every second (!) with changed parameters (position etc.), which is the reason for the "jumping" AI aircraft while using FSHUD. It's also the reason why there's a max of 60 AI aircraft, because that constant re-injecting kills performance.
All in all it's a bad workaround that also looks disturbing when you watch it. I reckon there's nothing else to do with the current state of the MSFS SDK, but that does not make this a good product automatically.

EDIT: That's what I gathered on their forums and from other sources, so I won't guarantee it's 100% correct.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, pscharff said:

Yes, there is an arrow. I need to check this feature a little more, if it is suitable for taxiing at the airport.

Patric

The arrow shows wind speed and direction.

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

The arrow shows wind speed and direction.

OK, thanks for the information. Then we have got no indicator in FSHud for showing the correct path when taxiing at the airport.😐

Patric

2 minutes ago, pscharff said:

OK, thanks for the information. Then we have got no indicator in FSHud for showing the correct path when taxiing at the airport.😐

Patric

There is a little arrow that shows the direction that you should be heading. It's not as handy as the arrows on the runway but is probably more realistic.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

50 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

There is a little arrow that shows the direction that you should be heading. It's not as handy as the arrows on the runway but is probably more realistic.

OK, so Tup61 was right.😉

Patric

The deal breaker for me at the moment is that I can't get wind Information into FSHUD without having active sky installed.  I own Active sky but I don't have P3D installed anymore and you can't install active sky without P3D because it can't find certain files.  I really don't understand the need for Actrive sky just for winds.  Pilot2ATC uses metars from the internet which works fine, it will even adjust the runway and STAR if the winds change, so it definitely works.  Also PF3 ATC also uses metars from the internet when used with MSFS and that also works.  Without the wind information I end up with AI taking off from wrong runways etc because FSHUD thinks winds are calm.

Dean Farley