Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

"more functions to come" after release and "BETA release...." and so on. I just think its the wrong way to do.

Which software ever published was not like that? Not even Windows calculator!

No software is a BETA release just because the functional scope will be extended in future releases.

• Like 1

@blackbox711 is a big part of my A320 education and someone whom I turn to for procedural enlightenment. I am looking forward to his thoughts. Additionally, he’s considerably more palatable in his interactive style. I understand the need for constant audience validation… just can’t stomach it for very long.

1500z can’t come soon enough!

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

20 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I watched lots and lots of video's already from A320 Sim Pilot while I was digging deeper into the Airbus a while ago (while flying the FBW version) and I learned A LOT from it.

Absolutely. Most of what I’ve learned about “flying” the 320 Neo comes from 320SimPilot. His tutorials have been invaluable. There’s also a good amount of written content here https://docs.flybywiresim.com/ that I visit frequently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Some of these streamers do this as a full time job.  This is their income.  They need to pay their rent, food, bills, etc.  They won't make much income off a 5 to 10 minute video.  Even on Youtube, you would probably have to get hundreds of thousands, to over a million views, for a video, before you get enough ad money to sustain a living.

When these streamers stream, they need to stream for usually several hours, to satisfy their audience (if you paid for a subscription to a streamer, you would be pretty angry if they streamed for 10 to 15 minutes).  And some streamers, like Fabio, even do a lot of prep work for each stream.  So the amount of work they put into a stream is more than the few hours that they stream.

That's why these streamers rely on subscriptions and donations from the community, to sustain their living.  If you don't like live streamers, you don't have to watch them.  Just wait until there are short 10 to 15 minute reviews of the Fenix A320.

One thing I have to say, is that you can ask these streamers questions in real time.  Fabio is a CFI. KatiePilot is a real life A320 pilot. Since I am not a real life pilot, I like asking streamers like Fabio and KatiePilot, technical questions in their streams, and I often get a response (not always a response, but often a response), and I know they are qualified to respond.

Exactly this...and interacting with your audience is a big part of developing a community centered around one's channel.  So the shout-outs and subscriber thank yous, etc. are all part of the stream ecosystem so to speak.

I remember years ago when there weren't that many flight sim oriented streamers, I gave streaming a shot on Twitch.  I would stream for hours and have like 5 people max watching my stream at a time.  It was still fun interacting with those few who would ask a question or comment though.

Like you say, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

• Like 2

Ryan

7 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

Hace tiempo que soy un merodeador en estos foros, pero hoy tenía que hacerme una cuenta y abordar algunos de los comentarios que se han hecho sobre mí. 

Sé que no soy físicamente perfecto, nunca he pretendido serlo. Sé mejor que nadie que tengo problemas vocales (he estado viendo a terapeutas del habla durante muchos años), eso, junto con mi micrófono mal configurado y el hecho de que mi transmisión fue la primera vez en 4 meses que pude sentarme en un escritorio debido a problemas de salud: no condujo a la salida más óptima. Así que por eso lo siento. Hice lo mejor que pude.

Pero todo lo que diré es que no estuve ahí para mí. Estuve allí para que pudieras ver el nuevo avión. Espero que disfrute usándolo tanto como yo, y si decide no comprarlo, también espero que disfrute de cualquier otro avión que tenga en su hangar. 🙂

Gracias por su atención. 🙂

You have a very sweet voice, don't listen to those fools who criticise you.

• Like 3

Good lord @Aamir @KatiePilot and team Fenix, can you just please, umm, develop as much MSFS aircrafts and whatever other add-ons you're able to expand to lol?! I mean, the attention to detail and realism and innovation and development quality is one thing... but more so than anything else it's your attitude, interaction, and transparency with the community that is so word not allowed refreshing and deserving of respect, a respect that is commanded and not demanded might I emphatically add. And might I also add how Fenix as a team is a great match to the attitude and development ethos of team Asobo. Kudos on this release and please keep on doing what you're doing!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

22 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

@blackbox711 is a big part of my A320 education and someone whom I turn to for procedural enlightenment. I am looking forward to his thoughts. Additionally, he’s considerably more palatable in his interactive style. I understand the need for constant audience validation… just can’t stomach it for very long.

1500z can’t come soon enough!

I agree, however his streams sadly are also somewhat painful to watch as 80% of them consist of him saying Hello or Goodbye to each and every viewer and constantly being interrupted every 20 seconds by a subscriber alert and then having to extend his thanks to said subscriber for half a minute. Makes it very tiresome to watch in my opinion. I wish he would introduce some rules like do away with the greetings and just thanking all subscribers once at the end of the stream or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Some of these streamers do this as a full time job.  This is their income... They won't make much income off a 5 to 10 minute video.  Even on Youtube, you would probably have to get hundreds of thousands, to over a million views...

When these streamers stream, they need to stream for usually several hours, to satisfy their audience (if you paid for a subscription to a streamer, you would be pretty angry if they streamed for 10 to 15 minutes).  And some streamers, like Fabio, even do a lot of prep work for each stream.  So the amount of work they put into a stream is more than the few hours that they stream.

That's why these streamers rely on subscriptions and donations from the community, to sustain their living.  If you don't like live streamers, you don't have to watch them.  Just wait until there are short 10 to 15 minute reviews of the Fenix A320.

One thing I have to say, is that you can ask these streamers questions in real time.  Fabio is a CFI. KatiePilot is a real life A320 pilot. Since I am not a real life pilot, I like asking streamers like Fabio and KatiePilot, technical questions in their streams, and I often get a response (not always a response, but often a response), and I know they are qualified to respond.

I understand some people stream or make videos full time for a living; I think my disbelief is perhaps more "who has the time to sit there for 6 hours and watch this tedium?!".

I'm sure some streamers and video makers really put work in beforehand but when the FSL A320 came out many of the videos I saw seemed ill informed and poorly researched (can't remember the streamers now but they were big names at the time), they didn't seem to get how certain systems worked or simply made incorrect guesses - i reached the conclusion if I can pick up errors regularly in the content and know the subject matter better than them, why am I watching?

Beyond proper video uploads, streaming just feels like video that desperately needs editing. The interactive element might be appealing to some but I can't keep up with so many messages so quickly in the text chat, and half the time the interaction is irrelevant "oh thanks for subscribing X, blah blah blah".

As you said, if you don't like it, don't watch. And generally I don't, for the reasons above. But I guess early post-NDA there isn't time for people to properly edit videos and many are clamouring for information, no matter how hard it is to actually get at. Streaming isn't really aimed at the 30-55 age group I'm part of, it's like me trying to understand Cardi B's WAP  🤣

I've been at Avsim over 15 years, I think I'm turning into one of the much fabled "old men of Avsim" 😅 Although I'm not quite ready to hoist the "P3Dv4 till I die" flag just yet.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Yeah I get that some people do it full time for a living. I think my disbelief perhaps more stems from "who the hell has the time to sit there for 6 hours and watch this tedium?!". I'm sure some streamers and video makers really put work in beforehand but when the FSL A320 came out many of the videos I saw seemed ill informed and researched (can't remember the streamers now but they were bit names at the time), they didn't seem to get how certain systems worked or simply made incorrect guesses - i reached the conclusion if I can pick up errors regularly in the content and know the subject matter better than them, why am I watching? Then streaming just feels like video that desperately needs editing. The interactive element is too fast paced, I can't keep up with so many messages so quickly in the text chat.

Well, with respect to the A320, I think few people, even in this thread, know the A320 better than KatiePilot.  You would probably have to be a certified and licensed A320 pilot in real life, to match KatiePilot's knowledge of the A320.  And the best part is, you can ask KatiePilot questions in her stream, and you don't even have to be a subscriber (ie. you don't have to pay for anything, and you can go in her stream and ask her questions for free).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I love watching streamers. I love the interactions, the funny moments, the shout outs, the informative parts, all of it. I really, really like watching Fabio's streams too. I do get a kick out of seeing Chewwy starting his second flight while Fabio hasn't done his first liftoff yet haha. But he is a really nice guy who loves teaching and the atmosphere is always fun even when things go amiss. His first stream of the DC-6 with the Thunderflies was mesmerizing and the Bae 146 stream where the gear malfunctioned was also quite good. Streaming is here to stay, folks. Complain all you want but this is one train that won't be stopped. It is the future, not the death of simming as someone asserted earlier.

Maybe many of you don't know this but the head of Fenix is a streamer and he is very much a.....gasp! GAMER! The thing is I think him being a gamer had quite a lot to do with why his A320 is so impressive. So you guys can bash streaming and bash the streamers but you really don't know what you're pushing against. Welcome to the 2020s, guys!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Some videos you can just replay back to check chat. The user numbers is huge AFAIK, but flightsim is relatively new for a generation so videos will improve, imo, (despite some very good ones already), same thing happened with audio related videos i recall.

Edited by icewater5
typo

@KrakinFor the record, I'm a gamer. I was on COD WZ last night with my friends, wearing a wireless headset, being gunned down by teenagers. I've got Steam, Origin (EA bleugh), Battle.net, Epic, I've owned Playstations and Xboxes of several generations (I even had N64, Gamecube and Wii too). I still don't get streaming. I even find the majority of edited gameplay videos tedious. People sat watching other people play Minecraft for hours, i don't see why you wouldn't just play it yourself (this goes for most released games)?

I'm not saying streaming is the death of simming. Nor am I saying it's not forced upon me. Nor do I want it stopped. I just don't get the appeal (I mean obviously it has appeal, the viewing figures show that). And I hope that more accessible and succinct ways of obtaining the same information will come along soon in regards to the Fenix product, I do feel the time-poor of us are being left behind a bit.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

The sim itself is a WIP and therefore, every add-on is also a WIP. Using your bar, we should buy nothing for the next eight years?

And people complained about that for months...looks like they got used to it pretty fast.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

59 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

Which software ever published was not like that? Not even Windows calculator!

No software is a BETA release just because the functional scope will be extended in future releases.

So its just the marketing that has changed over the years?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just tried to watch two live streams and gave up again after a few minutes. As always answers were given to questions that can't be heard or found ("Yeah, that's being taken care of with the next release!"... WHAT IS BEING TAKEN CARE OFF??? Can't they REPEAT the question for the viewers?) and lots of chit chat about coffee and "Hellooooooo" and what not. I had a look at a stream from yesterday too and the first 5 minutes of the 15 were mainly about dealing with computer problems which doesn't interest me AT ALL.

I can understand some people like this kind of stuff and the interaction but I don't have all the time in the world and rather wait for some good edited video's. 😉 To each his own. It's nice to have options!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3