Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

flightdeck2sim who's an IRL 737NG captain and veteran simmer just finishing up his stream, I captured some of his comments below FWIW (https://www.youtube.com/c/flightdeck2sim/about):

- "I fly the Challenger 650 in X-Plane, the level of simulation is at the same level here"

Hi.  Do you know roughly what time in the video he said this? I think this is a very strong point from flightdeck2sim, if he said this.  The Hot Start 650 is the best plane available in XP. If it's true that flightdeck2sim said this, he is saying MSFS has a plane that rivals the best plane in XP (also you have to consider the textures and sounds, not just the level of simulation, which may put the Fenix A320 over the Hot Start 650).  I would like to know where in the video he said this.  Thank you.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

24 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

As we await the release, I wanted to recommend a resource that I think will be useful to those for whom the Fenix will be their first Airbus -- and maybe also to some who have been flying Airbuses for a while. I'm talking about Mike Ray's A320 Pilot Handbook:

I used his guides for the 737NG. Highly recommended!

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

37 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

As we await the release, I wanted to recommend a resource that I think will be useful to those for whom the Fenix will be their first Airbus -- and maybe also to some who have been flying Airbuses for a while. I'm talking about Mike Ray's A320 Pilot Handbook:

Cheers, bought it as well, I remember having the one for the 737ng some years ago

Edited by bendead

37 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Hi.  Do you know roughly what time in the video he said this? I think this is a very strong point from flightdeck2sim, if he said this.  The Hot Start 650 is the best plane available in XP. If it's true that flightdeck2sim said this, he is saying MSFS has a plane that rivals the best plane in XP (also you have to consider the textures and sounds, not just the level of simulation, which may put the Fenix A320 over the Hot Start 650).  I would like to know where in the video he said this.  Thank you.

Around 2:43:52 ... The topic of the 650's level of simulation depth has come up before on the Fenix discord and people fired off examples of exotic stuff that the 650 has and asked if the Fenix has them too.. to which Aarmir replied that the Fenix also simuates such stuff (i.e. the crazy level of GPS simulation and failures, etc).  Unlike the 650 however, the Fenix doesn't display debugging-like logs but it's all going on under the hood, is what Aamir basically said. Hopefully he can chime in more here but doubt he has time 🙂

But ya the bottom line is: with the level of detail the Fenix simulates, combined with the top notch systems via ProSim, handling/aerodynamics (already lauded by a320 sim pilot and it's important to remember Fenix's flight model is based on the core MSFS engine!), combined with its amazing visuals/sounds that beats all else, combined with some of its own never-see-in-any-sim before
features.. all for US$ 60?! Ya hands-down a landmark aircraft not just for MSFS but flight simming in general, ever, period.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

Cheers, bought it as well, I remember having the one for the 737ng some years ago

I purchased his 737 book years ago, actually met him in person. I am sure the A320 book will be excellent. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

So that should clearly be a release before the weekend then!!! 🤗

Let me check my weekend schedule:
- childs birthday (canceled)
- my own wedding (canceled)
- body hygiene (canceled)
- sleeping (canceled)

OMG... your schedule is the same as mine!! I've also added

-Eating (nope)

-My funeral (postponed)

-Change of underware (nada)

• Like 3

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

54 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Certainly a good recommendation.

To give an alternative which is free (maybe more a beginner's guide). I used this to start off with the FSL years ago:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-fsx-fslabs-a320/

• Like 4

sh3ed is streaming the Fenix A320 right now: https://www.twitch.tv/sh3ed

I believe sh3ed is another real life A320 pilot (at least a mod in his chat confirmed he is a real life A320 pilot)

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I believe sh3ed is another real life A320 pilot (at least a mod in his chat confirmed he is a real life A320 pilot)

Yes, he is according to his twitch "about me section".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

OMG... your schedule is the same as mine!! I've also added

-Eating (nope)

-My funeral (postponed)

-Change of underware (nada)

- Divorce Wife

and/or

- Breakup with gf

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Here's a pdf for A320 proceadures mentioned by Flightdeck2sim during his recent stream. well worth a good read.

A320 normal proceadures

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada, plus I think the US and maybe even the UK?  Would be great timing for a release 😀

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Just out of interest: will there be a boxed version?

I'm 99% sure that there won't be! But, out of curiousity, why would you want that? Also, who have optical drives anymore??

Edited by anden145
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

10 hours ago, martinboehme said:

As we await the release, I wanted to recommend a resource that I think will be useful to those for whom the Fenix will be their first Airbus -- and maybe also to some who have been flying Airbuses for a while. I'm talking about Mike Ray's A320 Pilot Handbook: ….

Just dug out my old copy (copyrighted 2008) and there’s definitely loads of stuff in there still valid, DIFRIPPS springs to mind 😉

As you said - very much recommended!

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

as a kid, when I saw this high on the shelf in the computer store, what I imagined it would be like is what @Aamir and team have now delivered - 30 years later!

Image 1 - A320 Airbus Edition Europa Amiga Video Discs Game (Rare) Big Box Manuals Thalion

• Like 12