Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Fenix A320's EFB is amazing and revolutionary!

9 hours ago, N731NR said:

FENIX efb does look really good but i really like how the efb is laid out in the fwb a320 i can get to most things in one click and the text is easy to read ... it just really needs a take off calculator. the efb in the Flightfactor a320 in xp also was the first one i saw with a really good design so the fenix one  doesnt seem too revolutionary

Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that the Fenix's EFB can be extended by other 3rd party developers (or 4th party developers?)  to add more apps. It makes sense to design their EFB exactly like an iPad with extension of functions in mind

Cannot wait for other interesting "Apps" to come later

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bam2000 said:

i have to say the EFB looks nice, but  for me the transitions and animations are way to slow, makes the whole thing look slow.

Hope they will give you an option to disable animations completly, i don't need it fancy i need to get to the stuff i want quickly...

Hey, thanks for this bit of feedback. The first time load for the apps do take a moment longer before the render completes, but subsequently, we've reduced the time between transitions thereafter. So, moving from one app to the other should be a little speedier!

• Like 5

Aamir Thacker

Also I believe the Fenix can be configured to off-load processing of aircraft displays to either the CPU, the GPU onboard the CPU, or the discrete GPU so as to optimize for your setup where you may be cpu or gpu bound. I wonder if the tablet display processing is also part of that @Aamir?

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I am not easily hyped but a little bit by this addon.

If it is stable, mostly bug free, performant, and if the devs will manage to provide updates and hotfixes in a timely manner (to cope with possible new MSFS bugs introduced in future MSFS updates) it could be an awesome experience.

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

With regard to the EFB, I particularly like the fact that you can access the EFB remotely via any web browser. So I can actually use an external tablet in my sim pit to access the Fenix EFB without having to pan around the cockpit view.

I really hope that becomes a standard feature of EFBs everywhere!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The only thing I consider at this point to be truly "revolutionary" and "amazing" is the price.

Whether the rest lives up to the hype and the twitching and youtubbing remains to be seen.

don't  worry it will

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 hours ago, guenseli said:

One little caveeat is, that there is no MCDU as remote (for tablets e.g.) available.
I asked that if it is planned, but they gave no answer if or not.

Would be a very important feature for me ... more than having the EFB as remote.

Hope they consider it and do that soon ...

I would expect that Mark over at https://www.aviaworx.com/ will do a remote MCDU (that will include BOTH left and right MCDU's) for this, and probably an EFB, and possibly an overhead panel. His stuff is top-notch.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see the below before posting (so my statement above is probably not realistic, other than maybe for the MCDU and overhead):

"With regard to the EFB, I particularly like the fact that you can access the EFB remotely via any web browser. So I can actually use an external tablet in my sim pit to access the Fenix EFB without having to pan around the cockpit view.

I really hope that becomes a standard feature of EFBs everywhere!"

Edited by somiller
correcting info
  • Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

Hey, thanks for this bit of feedback. The first time load for the apps do take a moment longer before the render completes, but subsequently, we've reduced the time between transitions thereafter. So, moving from one app to the other should be a little speedier!

is it possible to make the bottom text here bigger? a bit hard to read especially having it all upper case capital letters and having a light mode would be good too not a fan of  this new dark mode trend .

spacer.png

are you planning to add translations in other languages to the efb?

- Anthony Price

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

"Amazing and revolutionary" - are you a beta tester and/or were you given a prerelease candidate for evaluation?

🙄🙄🙄

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

16 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not trying to be negative, but EFBs have been there for years in the PMDG and FSL aircraft. Granted the PMDG one has not been pretty, but the takeoff perf was working great. And the one from the FSL was pretty good, too.
Anyway this is hardly the first time we have an take off perf calculator on an EFB.

I think you might be missing the point here. Why not join us in praising @KatiePilot for her exceptional skills? 

I don't know about previous EFBs for PMDG or FSL products, but I know that this one in the Fenix is the best one I've seen so far in a sim. 

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I think you might be missing the point here. Why not join us in praising @KatiePilot for her exceptional skills? 

I don't know about previous EFBs for PMDG or FSL products, but I know that this one in the Fenix is the best one I've seen so far in a sim. 

Because I don't think it's "exceptional". It's solid and good. I'd rather consider the systems depth of the Fenix to be "exceptional".
But as you pointed out yourself, your perspective is without the previous experience of PMDG or FSL products, so it's probably just that.
For me actually the EFB in the Fenix is the least spectacular thing, not because it's bad, but because there are many other things that are really groundbreaking in the Fenix.

• Like 2

Having experienced the FSL EFB after flying it a few times on my friend's P3D setup, having experienced the old PMDG EFB (looking forward to their new one), and also the FBW EFB amongst others... ya for me, from all what I've seen of the Fenix EFB in the previews and streams, it's in a class of its own. Exceptional depth of systems, exceptional EFB, exceptional handling/aerodynamics, exceptional price... just exceptionally excruciating to wait for its release!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

15 hours ago, N731NR said:

the efb in the Flightfactor a320 in xp also was the first one i saw with a really good design so the fenix one  doesnt seem too revolutionary

Not even close. The EFB in Flightfactor A320 is just that, ordinary and plain like most other EFB's. The Fenix one is in a league of it's own. The amount of small details that's in it is absolutely incredible and that's something I've never seen in any other plane before.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, MegaRiceBall said:

Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that the Fenix's EFB can be extended by other 3rd party developers (or 4th party developers?)  to add more apps. It makes sense to design their EFB exactly like an iPad with extension of functions in mind

Cannot wait for other interesting "Apps" to come later

I've also heard the apps on the Fenix's EFB are modular as well, just like on a real tablet.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, Aamir said:

Hey, thanks for th…

No

Thank YOU and your team for working on an amazing a320 for all of us for MSFS!!!

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1