Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

6 hours ago, odourboy said:

Pete, for a complete education, you need the Maddog MD-82 as well. Sorry.

... and the Just Flight BAe 146!

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Ok, I also jumped into the Fenix A320 boat.

I really love the fidelity of this airplane. There is just one big issues I have, no matter what render option I choose: CPU/GPU/Balanced/Performance/Quality.. all give me a horrible refresh rate of the displays. Displays are like 5 fps.

When changing option a moment they work fine, but all of a sudden a screen lag fest. PFD horizon is still going right when I throw airplane to the left.

Autothrottle reacts jumpy when applying thrust, dipping and thrusting again..

I do not know what to do about those screens??

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

5 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I really love the fidelity of this airplane. There is just one big issues I have, no matter what render option I choose: CPU/GPU/Balanced/Performance/Quality.. all give me a horrible refresh rate of the displays. Displays are like 5 fps.

Yes I have this too. Not as extreme as you are experiencing by the sounds of it but they're definitely laggy.

I noticed it's slightly better with the rendering set to GPU, but you can still see they're choppy. Performance makes them so blurry I can hardly read them so that's useless.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

7 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Yes I have this too. Not as extreme as you are experiencing by the sounds of it but they're definitely laggy.

I noticed it's slightly better with the rendering set to GPU, but you can still see they're choppy. Performance makes them so blurry I can hardly read them so that's useless.

I submitted a ticket @ fenix for this issue. The slow refresh rates of all displays deems the aircraft impossible to be flown with. The PFD is unreadable and the speed tapes are slow as hell making IFR of any kind impossible. The ND / Engine section are all the same. Huge input lags of every kind.

It is just as if the Fenix App systems are not getting enough power drawn to but I cannot enforce it to have more juice regarding the setting I choose..

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

4 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

It is just as if the Fenix App systems are not getting enough power drawn to but I cannot enforce it to have more juice regarding the setting I choose

Seems there is something wrong indeed on your side. Here the Fenix runs perfectly smooth on a not so fast system, see sig below. Sorry, cannot see your specs/sig since right now only on my mobile device. Did you at least try to enable VSYNC in msfs settings at 30?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Has anyone found a way to make pushback work with the Fenix? 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just got this and 2 things things have me less than impressed

1 Very inadequate documentation - from  any other high end developer what you do get would be called a quick startup guide.

2 Missing nose textures when viewed from any customised external camera view (the default external views don't have this anomaly).

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

13 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

2 things things have me less than impressed

Ad 1 I tend to agree. Having flown the FBW for more than a year it gave me a little head start but a tutorial how to import/create a flightplan and at least get one into the air would have been nice for many new to the Airbus. Does this leave me less impressed? Heck, no. Just challenged. But this is obviously a very subjective feeling 

Ad 2 I tend to not agree as these things can happen. Report it to Fenix and I am sure they will fix this. Does this leave me less impressed? No way. 

again, your mileage may and obviously does vary but these 2 points really don’t leave me less impressed about what Fenix delivered in terms of system depth and fidelity 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

1 Very inadequate documentation

folks, small world. just sitting on a train for a business trip. guess who sits next to me? Airbus' Chief Flight Instructor. Any questions to him 😉 ? Just talked with him about MSFS and the Fenix, showed him even some IRL pilots' youtube videos and he was quite impressed.

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

13 minutes ago, DAD said:

Any questions to him 😉 ?

Who came up with the idea to call it „retard“?

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Is it just me having the impression the lighting inside the cockpit (flood lights, instrument lights, dome lights) is somewhat dim, especially compared to other Airbus models like the FBW, Toliss, FF etc.? Is the Fenix' lighting realistic and those other models simply too bright?

34 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Who came up with the idea to call it „retard“?

a gremium some 30 years ago. since these calls were certified and approved by all relevant agencies these callouts can hardly be changed, he said "close to impossible". They are thus a mandatory part of the FCOM which Airbus is held responsible for. Only operators may change these call outs to their liking like eg. "throttles to idle" but then such a change is in their responsibility. 

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

11 minutes ago, DAD said:

a gremium some 30 years ago. since these calls were certified and approved by all relevant agencies these callouts can hardly be changed, he said "close to impossible". They are thus a mandatory part of the FCOM which Airbus is held responsible for. Only operators may change these call outs to their liking like eg. "throttles to idle" but then such a change is in their responsibility. 

Did you really ask him that question? It wasn‘t meant seriously. But it‘s still interesting to know of course. Thanks!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Did you really ask him that question? It wasn‘t meant seriously. But it‘s still interesting to know of course. Thanks!

Yes, I did 😉. Matthias was very informative and showed me some of the FCOM on his iPad 😉

edit he gave some more interesting insights, from cockpit prep flow to the approx. 1600 possible error messages which cannot and aren’t all trained except for the critical red ones, that he created the Kathmandu 02 approach through an s-curved valley and also the Paro approach, which is a „cloud breaking“ approach due to a monastery in front of the RWY. All approaches were „found“ and defined using their own A320 which they brought with them. Again, very informative. He gave me his card and invited me to the simulator in Toulouse. Now I just gonna have to make it there and see whether he remembers me 😉

Edited by DAD
More info
  • Like 6

Phil Leaven

Anybody able to set the alt knob to count 100 steps, could not find the trick yet..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png