Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

So I managed to enable the IGPU setting in my BIOS, which I was surprised it had given the age of my chipset, and switched it over in the Fenix app so that the displays are using the Intel HD graphics rather than my discrete GPU. I'm meant to be working so only had time for a high speed ground run with some sharp turns to test the response of the displays and it does seem to have made a difference. In Task Manager I can see that the loading of CPU, GPU and the Intel GPU are a bit more balanced than they were before. Hopefully later I'll have time for another flight and be able to put it to the test a bit more.

That's quite a nice feature from Fenix if that does prove to be a fix. Although why the displays take that much rendering load in the first place seems a bit weird to me, especially when this doesn't seem to be a problem in other similar aircraft. It's not like they look any higher in detail than the PMDG for example.

I did the same thing, it might be anecdotal but I believe my FPS did improve. 

I wish they would acknowledge and fix the TCAS for us that use RealTraffic and PSXT. Otherwise I don’t feel that inclined to use the plane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Could also increase heat on your cpu which then might have to decrease performance if overclocked.?

Michael Moe

Potentially, will have to see.

I have quite a bit of headroom with regards to CPU temperatures as it goes, my CPU doesn't tend to run particularly hot during a MSFS session. My GPU on the other hand...

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I guess this proves every system is different. I get silky smooth performance with the iGPU dedicated for the for the displays on the Fenix and my 3090 handles the rest of the workload for everything else as I mentioned here. When I didn't use the iGPU I would see a slight flux, not much when flying he Fenix A320. I can do flights from LatinVFR Miami to ImagineSim Atlanta or even DD Midway which is a VRAM hog on Vatsim with AIG for model matching in the A320 and my FPS not dip below 30. 

Before the Fenix I wasn't using iGPU with planes like the PMDG and the FBW and I had the same results, smooth performance. The Fenix just need that little bit of help from my iGPU. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm led to believe that enabling the IGPU will ONLY be used for the cockpit displays. Everything else will remain as it was before so it shouldn't adversely affect anything besides maybe take a bit of load off of your GPU.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

7 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I'm led to believe that enabling the IGPU will ONLY be used for the cockpit displays. Everything else will remain as it was before so it shouldn't adversely affect anything besides maybe take a bit of load off of your GPU.

Correct, at least for me. If I’m flying anything else in 2020, my iGPU shows a 0% load.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Who came up with the idea to call it „retard“?

Everybody gets that? I thought it was just the plane criticizing my flying skills and would go away once I learned to land properly. 😮

59 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It worked before the update, and doesn't anymore. I submitted a ticket.

Bob, make sure that "Lens correction" is still turned off. Maybe you accidentally enabled that. Makes things tough to click.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

26 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Yes, that's correct. The MCDU is part of those "displays", though.

27 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

That is what I understood as well.

Here is something I find interesting about this and all other Fenix threads, anyone else noticed?

AVSIM's advertisers must be loving the hits these threads, in a forum for MSFS news and info, that have turned into a full-fledged support posts for one MSFS product (one of dozens of posts mind you).  I wonder if site performance is impacted if a post thread hits 100+ pages, which at the rate this one is going...should do that by this Thursday/Friday.

With ad pop ups slowly taking over the visible screen here...its bad on a PC, and simply unusable on a phone now.  I say that once the screen % for ads goes over 50%, this site should be considered useless, unless you like to play "Dodge the add popup as to not accidentally click it when it's strategically placed in the next logical place the clickspot algorithm guesses you'll click next."  🤔

We've already heard from AVSIM leadership that it is what it is and they have it under control, I guess this is just what browsing forums has come to now. 🙂 

Anyway...back to support questions:

Is anyone else having issues offloading to AMD-equipped Laptops and their built in AMD (naturally) GPU using the method above?   I can't tell if its actually being utilized when setting it to handle the cockpit displays.  I have a RTX3060 main GPU in my AMD-based laptop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

With ad pop ups slowly taking over the visible screen here...its bad on a PC, and simply unusable on a phone now. 

Glad someone else brought that up, the ads when viewing this forum on a smartphone are infuriating!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

Aha okay. Nice to hear.

This guy did not resolve the issue it seems. Or he just jokes around. 

Over about 2 hours I will be back @ home and check the iGPU Hd graphics option.

Hey Tom what CPU do you have. Me i7 6700K HT off @ 4.6 ghz.

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

Note: If you have never enabled the onboard GPU before in the BIOS, you will likely have to install drivers for it to work properly, as drivers were likely never installed if the GPU has always been “off” in the BIOS.

Fifteen minutes or so after I enabled the integrated graphics on my MSI Z270 board, Windows installed the Intel driver for me on its own. The option then appeared in the Fenix and I was off and running.

I noticed that running in Quality mode ran the 630 IGU at a max of 83%, no downside in not running in quality mode. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

47 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Everybody gets that? I thought it was just the plane criticizing my flying skills and would go away once I learned to land properly. 😮

Ah the inside joke of aviation. :laugh: When I  look at the English definition of "retard" it is to slow down or impede, sure enough in French it means pretty much the same. Since Airbus was born out of the original England-France union (Concord SST) it makes sense to me they'd sneak in a word in the throttle to idle callouts common to both languages. Just a thought. Have a great week guys and gals!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I just saw that the livery I was waiting for has been released:

https://flightsim.to/file/33587/fenix-a320-jetblue-bubbles-n618jb-8k

On my way to buy.

Hehe...I was actually surprised it took this long to get a jetBlue livery to flightsim.to  I'm doing a "special" jetBlue livery that nobody seems to care about helping with...or they too have come up with zilch for finding the pics I need to paint her correctly....it the most frustrating part of painting!

With over 100 3rd party liveries for the Fenix already out there in what? 4 days....I expect it to surpass the 600+ out there for that "other" commercial aircraft that launched a while back.   Its insanity I tell ya.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

18 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Ah the inside joke of aviation. :laugh: When I  look at the English definition of "retard" it is to slow down or impede, sure enough in French it means pretty much the same. Since Airbus was born out of the original England-France union (Concord SST) it makes sense to me they'd sneak in a word in the throttle to idle callouts common to both languages. Just a thought. Have a great week guys and gals!

I think the joke is borne out of the pronunciation of the word. In normal usage in the UK it is pronounced reTARD or even riTARD, and REEtard as 'spoken' by the Airbus is the pronunciation only used as a derogatory term.

• Like 1

Ian Box