Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix A 320 Real Pilot approach and landing.

Recommended Posts

 

  • Like 3

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

[Video clip image removed]

What? No 38kts+ crosswind and 5.5° glideslope to contend with?!

A real A320 would autoland that!  /sarcasm

 

I'm really impressed by the number of real world pilots giving their time to demonstrate the skills and techniques used to fly the aircraft we use on our sims. So many more than pre-MSFS.
(Also impressed by the Fenix A320, obviously)

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 9

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he was also one of  the advisors/ beta tester on  the Fenix A320, His streams are usually very informative, non of the waffle you get from some. I agree, and think it's great how many RW Pilots are now doing tutorials etc...

  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been following his preview videos of the Fenix A320 and have been watching and using his tutorials (several times I might add..lol). Without these videos, I would be struggling to get a handle on this bird in MSFS. I definitely appreciate his time and efforts making these for us. 🙂 

  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another great video. The hardest thing to wrap your head around is the MCDU, this is a great tutorial, that you can watch over and over. 

 

 

  • Like 4

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sniper31 said:

I have been following his preview videos of the Fenix A320 and have been watching and using his tutorials (several times I might add..lol). Without these videos, I would be struggling to get a handle on this bird in MSFS. I definitely appreciate his time and efforts making these for us. 🙂 

His videos on setting up the TM TCA Captains edition helped me a lot. The idea of using the thrust slider on the side stick base for setting the trim wheel is simply great 🙂

 


Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just landed on EKCH30 . The aircrafts FBW is a "little" to happy not respecting the pitch when moving pressure away from the stick.

Also it busted the F speeds in approach mode . Isnt it supposed to recpect Flaps and Slats speed when they are retracted (green dot speed? )

It went for my VREF straight away.

Thanks Michael Moe 


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Just landed on EKCH30 . The aircrafts FBW is a "little" to happy not respecting the pitch when moving pressure away from the stick.

Also it busted the F speeds in approach mode . Isnt it supposed to recpect Flaps and Slats speed when they are retracted (green dot speed? )

It went for my VREF straight away.

Thanks Michael Moe 

Hi Micheal,

Done a few flight now and never seen what your saying Stays at Green Dot, Flaps 1 speed drops to S never goes below untill flaps 2 then sits above F and very slowly drops to Vapp speed before landing after flaps 3/full.

Sorry!

 


David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

 Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Micheal,

Done a few flight now and never seen what your saying Stays at Green Dot, Flaps 1 speed drops to S never goes below untill flaps 2 then sits above F and very slowly drops to Vapp speed before landing after flaps 3/full.

Sorry!

 

Hi David

 

Yeah i know  ,strange as the speed dropped well below Flaps 1/S even in Flaps up configuration.

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi David

 

Yeah i know  ,strange as the speed dropped well below Flaps 1/S even in Flaps up configuration.

Michael Moe

yep seen this too, if not executing approach mode manually early enough in the MCDU. I went straight to approach speed in clean configuration after passing the approach point without hand executing it first. Speed just dropped like a brick and ignored green dot speed.

  • Like 1

 

- Jane Whittaker

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaneRachel said:

yep seen this too, if not executing approach mode manually early enough in the MCDU. I went straight to approach speed in clean configuration after passing the approach point without hand executing it first. Speed just dropped like a brick and ignored green dot speed.

Yeah , i activated Approach mode about 5nm from IAF

 

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Yeah , i activated Approach mode about 5nm from IAF

 

Michael Moe

Weird.  I've had numerous approaches now and have not seen it bust green dot, S, or F speeds yet.  There has to be something in the approach setup that is incorrect.

  • Like 1

Ryan

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Weird.  I've had numerous approaches now and have not seen it bust green dot, S, or F speeds yet.  There has to be something in the approach setup that is incorrect.

And what would that be ? All performance page and EFB settings as normal procedure including the FCU(i have 1000hours+ in the FSLA3X series and not havent it) (a flight from EKCH-LFSB in the A319 FSL went perfectly today also) 

Michael Moe


Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael Moe said:

And what would that be ? All performance page and EFB settings as normal procedure including the FCU(i have 1000hours+ in the FSLA3X series and not havent it) (a flight from EKCH-LFSB in the A319 FSL went perfectly today also) 

Michael Moe

Sorry I wasn't referring to something you did but something in that specific approach and how it's coded either in the sim or in Fenix.

  • Like 1

Ryan

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

Weird.  I've had numerous approaches now and have not seen it bust green dot, S, or F speeds yet.  There has to be something in the approach setup that is incorrect.

I have made about a dozen approaches and have never seen this issue. Sounds like something is configured incorrectly. 

  • Like 1

 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...