Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Gave AIG Another Try

19 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

From their site - Live Traffic Workaround (MSFS) – Alpha India Group (alpha-india.net)

Its worded really badly but this is main bit

What does the Workaround?
It will detect spawned/parking SimObjects by Live AI
It will create a clone SimObject of them shortly before takeoff and activates the flightplan for it (great-circle route)

Thanks!

I almost never used AI or ATC add-ons, since long ago in times of FS9, but I would really like to get it's taste in MFS.

But ! for me it dosen't make much sense if any sort of ATC can manage those AI too, and my aircraft. I have been reading another thread about FSHUD but I believe it doesn't yet work that way ( ? ) 

Is there any ( good ) ATC robot for MFS that also takes care of injected AI traffic ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

From their site - Live Traffic Workaround (MSFS) – Alpha India Group (alpha-india.net)

Its worded really badly but this is main bit

What does the Workaround?
It will detect spawned/parking SimObjects by Live AI
It will create a clone SimObject of them shortly before takeoff and activates the flightplan for it (great-circle route)

fixed in SU8 or SU9, workarouned is no longer needed

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I almost never used AI or ATC add-ons, since long ago in times of FS9, but I would really like to get it's taste in MFS.

But ! for me it dosen't make much sense if any sort of ATC can manage those AI too, and my aircraft. I have been reading another thread about FSHUD but I believe it doesn't yet work that way ( ? ) 

Is there any ( good ) ATC robot for MFS that also takes care of injected AI traffic ?

Well AIG AI aircraft can be controlled by AIG Traffic Controller ("offline flight plans") and Asobo Live traffic. 

The advantage with AIG TC is that you can set up a flight at e.g. EGLL 8am even though the real time is 03am. 

As for the AI traffic behavior, sadly it's the same irrational as Asobo default, as AIG at the moment cannot remedy that. But just for the amount of liveries and aircraft models it's worth it. IMO of course. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yes! It's called default. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well AIG AI aircraft can be controlled by AIG Traffic Controller ("offline flight plans") and Asobo Live traffic. 

The advantage with AIG TC is that you can set up a flight at e.g. EGLL 8am even though the real time is 03am. 

I'm still fairly certain that AIGTC doesn't have any effect on the MSFS Live Traffic mode. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

11 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'm still fairly certain that AIGTC doesn't have any effect on the MSFS Live Traffic mode. 

I don’t think it does.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

4 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

fully correct. default MSFS live Traffic can not be controled from external tools. Thats the reason we had to "clone" the Airplanes for our workaround till the bug was fixed by Asobo

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

9 hours ago, CFIJose said:

Yes! It's called default. 😀

Really ? Are you serious ?

I've tried the default ATC and it still lacks "something" 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Really ? Are you serious ?

I've tried the default ATC and it still lacks "something" 🙂

You can use it for VFR & IFR flights. Your Co-Pilot will handle all communications. It also controls AI traffic. You will hear "traffic is at 2 o'clock....."

It should be expanded to include vectors to final & more voices, but for now it's the best ATC we have.

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 hours ago, CFIJose said:

You can use it for VFR & IFR flights. Your Co-Pilot will handle all communications. It also controls AI traffic. You will hear "traffic is at 2 o'clock....."

It should be expanded to include vectors to final & more voices, but for now it's the best ATC we have.

Ok,

I was not enabling World Traffic correctly, only AI Offline. 

Tonight for the very first time I enabled it and made a small circuit around Lisbon Airport ( LPPT )  in the Fénix setting all traffic sliders to 100%.

No stutters, and indeed an excellent experience !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread, but there's also a quite elegant way of getting GA traffic with AIG. The process of doing so is not too convoluted, and is explained really well in these threads: 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/adding-ga-flights-with-aig-traffic/497798/7

• Like 1

Well, thank you for the link to AIG.

I had read about it AIG but was avoiding AI traffic in MFS. Actually I have been using MFS with 0% Traffic of all sorts, but since I started using the 3 airliners I use more intensively, it looks like it is the way to go for an even more immersive simulation, so, I followed your link and went to their site.

Some points / questions:

1) It looks like AIG can serve as an ONLINE Rw AI Traffic enhancer plugin that "paints" the online-injected AI aircraft with plausible liveries ?

2) but... there's apparently also "Traffic Controller", a companion App that takes care of OFFLINE Traffic injection and creates it's own Flight Plans and even, at airports that allow for it, taxiing routes ( ? )

3) According to @Cpt_Piett's last post above there's also some way to show GA aircrraft which makes it ven more immersive specially if it applies also to the Online functionality because I suppose that when overflying or flying into a small airfield / aerodrome I should get the proper / typical traffic.

Well, a LOT of great stuff to explore that I was really hidding from my horizon, because  am always affraid of impacting the frame rate / create stutters / overstress my CPU / GPU. Bummer, I've been unecessarily avoiding more of the good stuff MFS brought 🙂

After reading the document files I found out that AIG also works with P3D and actually brings some additional features such as being Weather-aware. This looks cool and I look fwd to be abble to see it too in MFS !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

29 minutes ago, jcomm said:

1) It looks like AIG can serve as an ONLINE Rw AI Traffic enhancer plugin that "paints" the online-injected AI aircraft with plausible liveries ?

AIG use its own optimized 3D models and liveries + scheduled flightplans. It's not the philosophie of real time injected traffics grabbed from Flightaware as MSFS default.

2) but... there's apparently also "Traffic Controller", a companion App that takes care of OFFLINE Traffic injection and creates it's own Flight Plans and even, at airports that allow for it, taxiing routes ( ? )

AIG is, from a user perspective, roughly two program. "AIGTech AI Manager" manage to download, as simply as possiblel the collection of flightplans, liveries and 3D models that are widespread on different author web sites and deposits. You launch AI Manager only once in a while when you want to download new airline's schedules or want to keep up to date with liveries, flightplans or models. "AIGTech Traffic Controller" is a side program to be launched in parallel/during your MSFS session, that inject traffics into your MSFS.

3) According to @Cpt_Piett's last post above there's also some way to show GA aircrraft which makes it ven more immersive specially if it applies also to the Online functionality because I suppose that when overflying or flying into a small airfield / aerodrome I should get the proper / typical traffic.

As AIG is only commercial airlines and bizjet, you need to trick the all system to inject small GA. That's the purpose of what is proposed thru the shared link. I use it most of the time for my MSFS experience as I'm flying only small GA on mostly small airfields.

28 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Well, a LOT of great stuff to explore that I was really hidding from my horizon, because  am always affraid of impacting the frame rate / create stutters / overstress my CPU / GPU

Adding things to get displayed into your MSFS will inevitably impact your performance. You can set via cursors how many traffic you want to inject into your sim. Finally, downloading hundred of 3D models & liveries will also increase your MSFS initial loading time.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Got AIG as well and it works pretty much as in P3D.

This live traffic combined with the slider traffic %. How is performance?

I will try Vatsim and see the injected AIG models/liveries.

Thanks MIchael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png