Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

Lets see what the cost of this 40xx cards is ( i am on 4k ) and as i`l be right informed the RTX4080 comes with 16GIG Vram, and that looks good to me - but we will see..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

You guys seeing this text in the bottom corner of screen when using DLSS - wondering if the feature shown can be turned on ? Autoexposure & Sharpen

DX12 looks feels very nice on short flight - more FPS for sure and smooth

7-9-2022-2-11-37-PM.jpg

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

at 1440p resolution you won't need no RTX 40xx, even a RTX 3090 would be more than enough. and they should become pretty inexpensive around RTX 40 launch and before. using SU10 beta DX12-DLSS and most settings on HIGH to ULTRA, I am getting 38-45 fps smooth as silk at 4K resolution on an RTX 3090, I bet you'll hardly notice an improvement at only 1440p. except in your wallet. 😀

Once ray tracing is implemented, those 45 fps will drop to 30 or less, and a GPU upgrade will make sense...

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

DLSS.  JF BA 146 absolutely fine. PMDG 737 blurry numbers when scrolling. The individual developers have to sort this out not Asobo.

Ooops that maybe only for AMD cards - that said this being a beta its prob a heads up until its an official build - well done Asobo 

Rich Sennett

Just now, MrFuzzy said:

Once ray tracing is implemented, those 45 fps will drop to 30 or less, and a GPU upgrade will make sense...

Not necessarily. Ray tracing is costly for the GPU. Most GPUs run MSFS just fine. I’m pretty sure those 45 fps are made using only a fraction of the GPU power.

What I mean is, most of the GPUs will be able to run Ray Tracing and still get those 45 fps. The real problem right now is the main thread. 

E.g. My GPU can run at 60 fps using 30% of its power.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Not necessarily. Ray tracing is costly for the GPU. Most GPUs run MSFS just fine. I’m pretty sure those 45 fps are made using only a fraction of the GPU power.

What I mean is, most of the GPUs will be able to run Ray Tracing and still get those 45 fps. The real problem right now is the main thread. 

E.g. My GPU can run at 60 fps using 30% of its power.

Raytracing absolutely hammers your GPU. And with MSFS there is a huge potential for it to look insanely good... and to be really really hard on your GPU. 

18 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

those 45 fps will drop to 30

only 30 fps, bummer. I will have to wait for the RTX 50xx series then.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

Raytracing absolutely hammers your GPU. And with MSFS there is a huge potential for it to look insanely good... and to be really really hard on your GPU. 

Outside of the cockpit, the only place I see raytracing being a huge improvement over much simpler lighting techniques would be reflective glass skyscrapers, which sadly have muddy baked-in reflections from the time and angle when they were shot for photogrammetry. It'll take an entire rework of the photogrammetry system (using AI to replace what is essentially a height map with actual 3D assets that match the photographed buildings) before I get remotely excited about raytracing.

Though I suppose you could argue raytracing through clouds could be amazing, but the expense of that over what the sim currently achieves with traditional lighting tricks seems overkill for all but the most unique situations (those rare breathtaking IRL skies with colors shadows and moving sun beams). I'm not even sure true real time raytracing in that scenario is possible - it's one thing to trace photons bouncing off a flat reflective surface, it's very much another to scatter an insane amount of photons through layers of translucent clouds.

You guys seeing this label on bottom right side of screen ? is this a beta thing can I get rid of it ?

Rich Sennett

Rich, this label is not part of the Beta. Check your graphic card tools or other background prog 😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

41 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

DX12 looks feels very nice on short flight - more FPS for sure and smooth

You must be extra sensitive or hallucinating. 😉 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Back to the topic of DX11 vs DX12, is it Asobo's goal to eventually phase out DX11 for DX12?

I have not read anything to that effect but we do know Xbox SX supports DX12, and apparently when fully implemented offers features beyond and different in from what DX11 presumably will ever offer.  I recall when P3D 5 arrived there were very high levels of VRAM in use beyond many users' capabilities to address but I think that changed as they tuned it.  It will be interesting to see what Xbox SX does w/ DX12 enabled since it has only 16Gb of total ram to be used as both System and VRAM memory.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Rich, this label is not part of the Beta. Check your graphic card tools or other background prog 😉

Thanks Dave - appreciate it - now have to dig in to why its there never seen this before - maybe left over from G-shade program - I use that to spice up the night environment - pretty lack luster without it 

Rich Sennett

26 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

You guys seeing this label on bottom right side of screen ? is this a beta thing can I get rid of it ?

It's something you have to turn off in the Nvidia control panel I think.
It's not something enabled by the sim.

12 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Thanks Dave - appreciate it - now have to dig in to why its there never seen this before - maybe left over from G-shade program - I use that to spice up the night environment - pretty lack luster without it 

It only appears when DLSS is on which is why you would have never seen it before.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1