Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

1 hour ago, spitzer said:

Why does asobo still updates default airbus neo? There are already very good buses out there freeware or payware. They can focus on grainy and pixelated clouds, live weather, traffic, atc instead. 

I have the FBW and the Fenix.  I still have not been able to complete a flight with either one afte two months.  The default Airbus Neo is the only thing I have been able to complete a flight with. Eventually maybe I will be able to fly them, but the learning curve is steep for me.  So leave it along for us slow guys.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

A really nice improvement is the clouds shadows. Much more dominant now.

• Like 3

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Are you sure you made it into the beta? There's a little search bar with a magnifying glass right at the top of the VFR map window. You can also click on any navaid icon on the map.

In addition, you should also now notice that navdata loads immediately on the map (used to take upwards of 30-60 seconds to get all the data) and airspaces are drawn with nice smooth curves. Changing zoom should also be a smooth transition instead of a jump to the new range.

Edit: If you have the WT G3000, that includes a VFR map mod that may be overwriting the new VFR map. You can follow these instructions to disable it:

Found out it's the PMS50 GTN750 mod that is causing the problems with the new VFR map. I'm going to report it on their Discord. If I disable the GTN mod the VFR map shows up as it should.

• Like 5

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Found out it's the PMS50 GTN750 mod that is causing the problems with the new VFR map. I'm going to report it on their Discord. If I disable the GTN mod the VFR map shows up as it should.

That's a bummer. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've been jumping on Betas, since day 1. This time I'll bide my time. AIG Live traffic is a must for me. I don't want to break it. 

As far as DLSS and directX optimizations, the consensus seems to lean towards not much added to the table, and some weird artifacts and blurs to displays due to DLSS. I'm not in a hurry to experience this, even though there is the option to simply not use DLSS or Dx12, due to breaking AIG Traffic.

Removing encryption from premium aircraft is something I was looking forward to, as we know modders will be jumping all over the 787 and other aircraft, just as FBW did with the NEO. Still early on that front though. So, I'll wait. Everything is stable on my end with SU9, well enough for me to be enjoying my flights. Just my .02.

Edited by vyper883

2 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I have the FBW and the Fenix.  I still have not been able to complete a flight with either one afte two months.  The default Airbus Neo is the only thing I have been able to complete a flight with. Eventually maybe I will be able to fly them, but the learning curve is steep for me.  So leave it along for us slow guys.

Roy

Don't feel bad .. I started on the MSFS neo and didn't dare try the FBW until late 2021 because i knew i had a lot to learn (especially with the MCDU/FMC and navigation). Easyjetsimpilot and A320 simpilot were my Youtube flight instructors for a very long time !! More recently I've been soaking up those tutorials by 737NG Driver as well ! 🙂

Gotta start somewhere the MSFS Neo gives a decent platform to get the basics down and is worth fixing up

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

16 minutes ago, Alvega said:

After some more tests (and many sim restarts) got to the conclusion that it's not just the PMS50 GTN breaking the new features of the VFR map. It's also the WT G3000 mod, even with the config file set to false as @MattNischan told me to do.

So, any of these mods, if enabled, break the new features of the VFR map.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

DX12 is working so much better than before, so thats a positive.    DLSS is boosting FPS and lowering GPU usage as expected, but it's certainly not as sharp as it is in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Death Stranding, both of which look sharper with DLSS than TAA. That's not the case here.

I see they are using a very new version of DLSS (2.4.6.0)  I'm going to test a few of the older DLSS DLL's and see what difference they make.

• Upvote 1

So, using same settings as SU9, getting lower performance. Mainthread is getting even more hammered sadly... DLSS does not improve anything for those of us with strong GPU's who were Mainthread limited.

Roi Ben

27 minutes ago, vyper883 said:

As far as DLSS and directX optimizations the consensus seems to lean towards, not much added to the table, and some weird artifacts and blurs to displays due to DLSS

It may be MSFS discover a bug with the implementation of DLSS during the beta.  For me at the moment, DLSS on Quality is very blurry.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, The Moose said:

DX12 is working so much better than before, so thats a positive.    DLSS is boosting FPS and lowering GPU usage as expected, but it's certainly not as sharp as it is in Red Dead Redemption 2 or Death Stranding, both of which look sharper with DLSS than TAA. That's not the case here.

I see they are using a very new version of DLSS (2.4.6.0)  I'm going to test a few of the older DLSS DLL's and see what difference they make.

Maybe we need some more time for DLSS to mature on MSFS, or should all of the AI learning be complete now?  I have the latest NVIDIA driver, but no mention of MSFS in the notes - maybe a new driver needs releasing for MSFS/DLSS?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

18 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Maybe we need some more time for DLSS to mature on MSFS, or should all of the AI learning be complete now?  I have the latest NVIDIA driver, but no mention of MSFS in the notes - maybe a new driver needs releasing for MSFS/DLSS?

Thank heaven this is in beta, would be a horror story if they dropped this on everyone. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thank heaven this is in beta, would be a horror story if they dropped this on everyone. 

It is running fine for a beta.  If I go back to all my original settings it looks as good as always.  DX12 + DLSS at balanced has gained me 10fps, but its just more blurry than I was expecting.  Still, its only day one of the beta.

Apparently you can't enable the DLSS feature in the menus, as I finally found out after downloading the patch (I wanted to test a well known flight without the SU beta first). You can run DX 12 or DX 11 from the options menu, but apparently DLSS is always on in the patch.

My test has just been done: and here's my short reaction:

spacer.png

Long reaction: Munster all the way to France (Lake Geneva). The Swiss mesh package in marketplace installed.

Before SU beta: 30 fps mostly. Would drop if I panned around (I did have side view pre rendering on in options). Stutters every 20 seconds. This has always been  true flying in Switzerland using swiss mesh for me : stutters.

After SU 10 beta: fps 30 mostly. Would not drop if I panned around (in fact in increased to 32 or 33 fps). No stutters at all, no not one for the whole flight (its a half hour or so flight). 

Half way thru the flight I upped the sim rate to 4x and then 8x: Still no stutters! 

You can see  my lowly stats: I had graphics global set to Ultra. Render scaling 140. Both terrain and objects LOD set to 200.

Vsync ON. Frame rate limit: 100% (this is the new menu name of what used to be called '120 fps'. (This has always given me the most stability and most fps, locking 'frame rate limit' inside MSFS to way above realistic expectations and turning on Vsync inside MSFS).

This is lightyears better than I've seen on this particular flight before. And I've done the same dozens of times (its my standard test flight to test new options). 

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just tried the beta and wow,,,, brighter, more colorful and I can actually use DX12 now

• Like 4

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png