Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 beta is out!

15 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's something you have to turn off in the Nvidia control panel I think.
It's not something enabled by the sim.

It only appears when DLSS is on which is why you would have never seen it before.

Thanks much Ill look now

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

I've seen a lot of comments here about how DX12 is working smoothly on 3000-series GPUs. Please know that DX12 is also working beautifully on my old 1070 from 2015. Up until yesterday's release of SU10 beta, DX12 was unusable on my system -- a total slideshow. Now I'm getting a steady 30fps at 2K resolution with all settings on High and a couple on Ultra. Also, my main problem prior to SU10 beta was degraded performance on the ground at large, handcrafted airports. This problem has also vanished completely into vastly-improved takeoff and landing performance. The clouds are also spectacular now. The clouds look both more realistic and don't kill performance during turbulent storms like they used to. Also, I love how, even when set to Clear Skies, there's still a hint of upper-level cloud formation, instead of just solid blue. Thus far, I'm extremely impressed and pleased by the SU10 beta.

NOTE: I've read a couple of comments from users who claim their performance has worsened with the SU10 release. Please remember that the sim may have reset some of your graphics settings. It did with me. Check your Render Scale. Mine had always been set to 60 (using 4K). When I first started up SU10, performance was poor. I soon discovered my Render Scale had been reset to 100. Once I restored it to 60, performance was better than ever. So keep this in mind.

Yup, us guys with "old potatoes" are laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Rich, this label is not part of the Beta. Check your graphic card tools or other background prog 😉

Tried everything Dave label is still there if I put it on TAA its goes away - so looks to me its in beta no biggie it will sort its self out over time I would assume

There is an overlay tick box in image scaling setting in nvidia control panel but that does nothing also - made sure there wasnt anything left over from g-shade program also

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, xenonsk said:

Did you install xbox insider from store and joined beta?

press the Windows key and type "Xbox". You should see 2 Xbox applications. The "regular" one, and one called "Xbox Insider". Click the Insider one and it will let you join the beta.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I wonder if the OS makes a difference as to whether folks are seeing an improvement with DX12 vs DX11.  @Seth2021, @Ianrivaldosmith, are you guys on Windows 10 or 11?

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz 

6 minutes ago, bbsmitz said:

I wonder if the OS makes a difference as to whether folks are seeing an improvement with DX12 vs DX11.  @Seth2021, @Ianrivaldosmith, are you guys on Windows 10 or 11?

I'm on Windows 10 using an old 1070, and DX12 has made a significant improvement for me with SU10. DX12 was previously unusably slow for me.

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

43 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Tried everything Dave label is still there if I put it on TAA its goes away - so looks to me its in beta no biggie it will sort its self out over time I would assume

There is an overlay tick box in image scaling setting in nvidia control panel but that does nothing also - made sure there wasnt anything left over from g-shade program also

It’s the overlay from the graphics card. Make sure it’s turned off. Someone had the same issue on the beta forums 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I'm on Windows 10 using an old 1070, and DX12 has made a significant improvement for me with SU10. DX12 was previously unusably slow for me.

This is good news, DX12 probably isn't fully optimized yet and it's only in beta AND it's helping a 1070 system.

• Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

This is good news, DX12 probably isn't fully optimized yet and it's only in beta AND it's helping a 1070 system.

Yes. Performance on the ground at handcrafted airports is especially improved. Much smoother, both inside and outside the cockpit. Clouds look far better too, also with superior performance. My 1070 has only 8GB of ram. So Asobo appears to have handled DX12 memory management far better than LM did with v5 of P3D.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Back to the topic of DX11 vs DX12, is it Asobo's goal to eventually phase out DX11 for DX12? While I have games that offer a choice between DirectX and Vulcan (or even OpenGL), I can only remember one other game long ago that offered a choice between versions of DX. I don't understand the purpose of providing both if one is inherently better than the other, unless there are hardware reasons (if say, DX12 requires newer hardware to really shine).

DX11 will be replaced, eventually. After all, the Xbox version has been fully DX12 since launch.

Second Impressions (VR), this time a proper 1hr flight along the Italian/French Riviera with a few mods installed.

• Performance practically identical to SU9 which is a shame as pre-SU9 was better (lowered a couple of graphics things post flight to eek out a bit more)
  • Stutters and "lagging" at times still present
  • Aside the above it was a 95% smooth flight with no real dramas
  • Atmospheric effects seem to be better (could be a placebo), looking towards the low sun looked very cool
  • G1000NXi as default; had to play with the Options of the GARMIN to get it back to how I liked it, it's a great piece of kit and once again Thank You to Working Title for everything, so happy it's now in the base sim properly.
  • Gusts are a bit more lively, I didn't do much free flying mainly AP but she moved about quite a bit over some of the low level hills & mountains.
  • Take Offs and Landings seem trickier, I'm by no means a good Pilot but I could tell the difference between this and SU9 - I needed a lot more concentration on both aspects in this flight!
  • DLSS is not for me in VR, there is no performance gain, the Quality setting looks worse than TAA so I'll be sticking with that.

Overall nothing bad to report (aside the stutters & lagging but that could well be on my end and something I may need to look into), so far no regressions, a few minor issues I hope they fix before full release and disappointing that the obvious VR Toolbar Bugs have still not been fixed since SU7 - but apart from that niggle this could well be a Step Forwards Update with no Step Backwards - which is nice!

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yup, us guys with "old potatoes" are laughing all the way to the bank. 

I know you're running on ultra at 4k as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone else getting patches of grass on some runways and aprons with DX12? 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

29 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Thanks. I'm a bit nervous that the DX12 gains are going to be heavily slanted towards windows 11 and I'd rather not upgrade.

• Like 1

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz