Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A380X | Sneak Peek

A good A380 cockpit also paves the way for a good A350 (as these two share a lot in the cockpit including the shape of the windows frames).

• Like 5

On 7/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, Doering said:

What is the learning curve like going from the A320 to the A380?

Airbus loves maintaining commonality between the airliners they have designed, so you will not be very confused when entering the A380 cockpit for the first time. Apart from some additional information the displays show a very similar layout and follow the same graphical style. The biggest difference in avionics is the systems interaction using the MFD instead of the MCDU, which follows a graphical pattern instead of the classic text based interface of the MCDU - however even then the contents of the pages such as the flight plan are heavily inspired by the MCDU layout.

The FMS backend software is nearly identical so LNAV/VNAV will be very familiar if you use any faithful A320 addon.

I've also been told by multiple IRL pilots that the flying feels very similar to the A320, something only possible due to the very involved FBW system of the aircraft.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 4

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, Doering said:

@holland786 Thanks very much for the info! Looking very much forward to this BIG BIRD!

Big bird or fat bird?, I am not sure, both?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Looking great, i like the used look.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 7/22/2022 at 10:27 PM, peloto said:

Big bird or fat bird?, I am not sure, both?

Uglybus, the Flying Forehead, the W***** Tanker (word that rhymes with tanker), the Big Ugly, the Great Regret, BUFF (Big Ugly Fat F..........).

The list goes on.

31 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Uglybus, the Flying Forehead, the W***** Tanker (word that rhymes with tanker), the Big Ugly, the Great Regret, BUFF (Big Ugly Fat F..........).

The list goes on.

haha, she is not ugly, maybe the nose a bit... unusual... but who has a perfect nose, the love is blind.

There's a bit in that video where the pilot vacates at the end and you realise just how far forward of -everything- the flight crew actually sits

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

3 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

The list goes on.

Well its something different other than a bunch of A320's and 737's in the sky and something that no other accomplished in any sim at a decent level of detail anyways before. I hope they can pull this 380 off as a somewhat high level. Now we need someone to develop a A350 and a 787 because who knows what QW is up to with their project for MSFS. PMDG has the 777 covered somewhere around 2025😩

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 2reds2whites said:

BUFF (Big Ugly Fat F..........)

Personally I've never understood this term (as applied to the B-52). It's quite slender in the fuselage and certainly far less ugly than the A380. Big I will give you though, when standing right up close. 🙂

Ian Box