Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

PMDG 737-600 released

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

to me the 35 isn't a fantastic price.  It's fantastic if you don't have the 700 and want a cheaper pathway to getting the 737.  But buying the 700 already and now adding 35 to have the 600 variant.  I don't consider that a great value.  Especially for a variant I'll use less than 5 times.  

Exactly my sentiment. I barely ever flew the 600 in FSX or P3D. I like winglets for starters, and there were very few 600 variants produced and very few airlines used them. I’m still on the fence about the 800, because I am waiting to see the price. I love the 800, but not for another $70.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

33 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There are so many beautiful liveries in the default pack, and others such as Steve's (DRA), and there will be more.

Let's tag him to show him our appreciation in case he doesn't notice @Steve Dra 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 6

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Exactly my sentiment. I barely ever flew the 600 in FSX or P3D. I like winglets for starters, and there were very few 600 variants produced and very few airlines used them. I’m still on the fence about the 800, because I am waiting to see the price. I love the 800, but not for another $70.

Cheers, Pete

Well this has always a subjective meaning to life in my own opinion. This- 600 is a must have for someone and feelings has always a price in every company. Almost always up as i recall. You could even say that the price should have a 99,99 tag on it just to collectors .

But again not smart for a sale.

So 

• Like 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Let's tag him to show him our appreciation in case he doesn't notice @Steve Dra 🙂

Thanks for the tag @Cpt_Piett!   Sadly I probably won't be doing any more -600s as I'm now concentrating on paints for the "the Big Guy". 🤣

@regis9 Thanks for flying my LH -600. 🙂 

I just updated her to 2.0 after being made aware that I forgot to add the Star Alliance logo.  While I had the textures up in Photoshop, I tweaked her a bit more and added the following:

bfiEZt.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

to me the 35 isn't a fantastic price.  It's fantastic if you don't have the 700 and want a cheaper pathway to getting the 737.  But buying the 700 already and now adding 35 to have the 600 variant.  I don't consider that a great value.  Especially for a variant I'll use less than 5 times.  

Yes, but if you are not interested in the 600, it would not be great value at any price. On the other hand, $35 for me is almost the same as stealing it!!

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

A heads up if you use Simbrief, PMDG have (for some inexplicable reason) gone with a folder structure for flight plans and wind data where each variant has its own folder.  So if you had your Simbrief exporter set to the -700’s directory for those exports, you’ll need to set up a new export for the -600 folders.

That seems a bit unnecessary. When using the Simbrief downloader, the easiest way would have been to keep all PMDG flight plans in one folder, and the wind data in another. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I ordered it, if anything just to support makers like this to continue developing these kick-a$$ products for us.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, starstream707 said:

I ordered it, if anything just to support makers like this to continue developing these kick-a$$ products for us.

I'm getting tempted to get it too. It's quite unique. I have to find some more info on the short field capabilites. I can think of a lot of airports I could take her into. And not to mention the experience of going to the hangar at Renton and picking her up, then fly her home 😎 But I'm not going to get it. I promised myself that. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

I don't have either the 600 or the 700 model, but my question is: why does a sim pilot really care if he or she flies or own either model. Other than weight and speeds pertaining to each aircraft, why would someone want to have both aircrafts. The 700 sells for almost twice the price of the 600, so why would I want to purchase the 700. In real life, I'd be happy flying either plane.

I am ready to purchase either the 600 based on price and PMDG attention to every detail in terms of fidelity, but perhaps I am missing something....

Since I am more of a Classic aircraft simmer, I don't care whether some of these planes are still in service, so this is not a reason when I purchase an aircraft.

• Like 2

Astonishing value for an aircraft of this standard and good clear business thinking on PMDG’s part.

I won’t be buying it as I’m already enjoying the -700 but this price will introduce many thousands more to PMDG products, many of whom will go onto purchase 777s and 747s in the future.

PDMG bet the farm on the 737 and they want to use it’s success as leverage for future products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That seems a bit unnecessary. When using the Simbrief downloader, the easiest way would have been to keep all PMDG flight plans in one folder, and the wind data in another. 

With the way MSFS builds their folder structure (and the use of json files that are very touchy about pathing and such), there would be a great risk of messing something up royally if you tried to meld all the flight plan and WX folders into one unified place for all the independent 737 models.  Its not impossible (I think), but risky when new updates are issued by PMDG.

Its very easy to update the Simbrief downloader to accommodate new PMDG 737 models, and the base folder structure is identical, so all you have to do is copy/paste the 737 listing, create a new one, paste in the path and change the 7 to a 6. 🙂

HLQMSV.png

I do agree that one, unified place would be the best option, but knowing what I know about how easily things can go awry when you try to get fancy ("you" meaning PMDG if they tried to make that happen), it will very likely come back to bite you (it already has in the past, but the keen-eyed beta testers discovered it and squashed it before the public ever knew, hehe. Not specifically related to flight plan paths, but a similar issue regarding ...well...can't really say. 🤐

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 minutes ago, flyforever said:

I am ready to purchase either the 600 based on price and PMDG attention to every detail in terms of fidelity, but perhaps I am missing something....

If you do not care about BBJ or cargo versions, then get the 600. Unbeatable value at this price.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, flyforever said:

I don't have either the 600 or the 700 model, but my question is: why does a sim pilot really care if he or she flies or own either model. Other than weight and speeds pertaining to each aircraft, why would someone want to have both aircrafts. The 700 sells for almost twice the price of the 600, so why would I want to purchase the 700. In real life, I'd be happy flying either plane.

Since I am more of a Classic aircraft simmer, I don't care whether some of these planes are still in service, so this is not a reason when I purchase an aircraft.

I think the best way to answer this is, it depends on the person.  Some people may fly a lot, as a passenger or pilot, on the 700.  So they want the one they fly on. And the 600 is probably not it, as there are so few 600 in service today.

I see a lot of people recommending the Kodiak over the Twin Otter. For me though, I rode on a Twin Otter before in the Maldives as a passenger. I want to recreate the same flight as when I was in the Maldives.  Furthermore, I like flying in the Vancouver area (Vancouver Canada). Harbour Air, who runs seaplane flights in the Vancouver area, uses the Twin Otter.

So as good as the Kodiak is over the Twin Otter, and as obnoxious as Aerosoft's customer service is (and Aerosoft has gotten some very bad rap for their forum management and the shutting down of mods for the Twin Otter), and even though there are a lot of complaints over the sounds in the Aerosoft Twin Otter, I prefer the Twin Otter to the Kodiak.  And unfortunately for me, there is no other Twin Otter for MSFS (and if there is a freeware one, it's probably not nearly as good as the Aerosoft Twin Otter). So I am stuck with Aerosoft's Twin Otter.

So I can see why some people don't want the 600, if they regularly fly in the 700.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, starstream707 said:

Love the Sentiment!   If you have the financial capability, this is surely one way to support our Devs, and you get a nifty little -600 in return. 🙂 

I bought the DC-6 for MSFS when it was released to show my support for the team.  I think it's such an excellent product, and it caught me completely by surprise on how much I enjoyed it, as its completely not my style of flying (but it quickly became a favorite style once I learned to fly her).  

I'll probably do the same when the 777 releases, even though I will have been flying (and painting) her in the beta program for xxx days before she was released. 😉

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

18 hours ago, Seven7 said:

Bought it but... At the download link, it asks a verification code, send it to my email, I put it in the field and, again, it return back to asks verification code and etc etc.... So, I can't download the product. Annoying and irritating.

If your using Firefox it will block the pop-up for the download which you can override

• Like 1