Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What are the most interesting approaches in the 737?

LGA’s fun approach is the Expressway Visual into Runway 31.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Oh that's right, Canarsie is JFK, Expressway Visual is LGA.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Pasto, Colombia (it's an Airbus in the vid but 737 can do this as well) -- RNP approach that winds all over, you can watch the whole approach to really get a feel for the terrain etc. and then below I skipped to the turn to final (7:15):

Edited by Mace
  • Like 2

Rhett

Samos LGSM is fun as well. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Paro, Bhutan - requires significant visual maneuvering reference to terrain; there are no straight in approaches. You'll have to look up Youtube videos on the procedures as the approach plates don't give any info about the visual portions. 

The Alaska Airlines proprietary RNP approaches into many southeast Alaska airports are quite complex as well, but they aren't public.  Someone did create navdata for them which is on .to I think.  It's very outdated now but probably still fun.  I've got current versions of most of the better ones built, but we aren't really supposed to share them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

Paro, Bhutan - requires significant visual maneuvering reference to terrain; there are no straight in approaches. You'll have to look up Youtube videos on the procedures as the approach plates don't give any info about the visual portions. 

The Alaska Airlines proprietary RNP approaches into many southeast Alaska airports are quite complex as well, but they aren't public.  Someone did create navdata for them which is on .to I think.  It's very outdated now but probably still fun.  I've got current versions of most of the better ones built, but we aren't really supposed to share them. 

There was a thread on here where a guy did them for the pmdg 737 on fsx nearly 10 years ago, they were great fun!

It's a shame you can't share those as they are fantastic, but its understandable!

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the RNP RWY25 approach into LSGS Sion. Charts here:

spacer.png

The circle flown from GRANA to GS615 and back over the Grimsel into the Valais, then diving for 40 miles deep into the valley, is nothing but the most spectacular sightseeing flight around the Aletsch Arena. You can see the largest glacier of the Alps, the Aletschglacier and fly past very close to the world famous triple peaks of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, as well as the Sphinx Observatory.

Also very nice is this approach into LFMN Nice...

• Like 2

... LIMJ Genoa rw10 , LXGB rw 09 , LGKR rw17 ,LGSM both rw's 09-27 , LGMK rw16 , LGIR rw09 ,  VQPR both rw's  15-33 ,LFKC rw36 , ...😰✈️

Edited by iliasr
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, mrueedi said:

I forgot to mention the RNP RWY25 approach into LSGS Sion. Charts here

Are they flying 737's into Sion?

I've been to the region but never flew into Sion.

Rhett

Bhutan Paro?

Although I think A319s fly there routinely there are videos online of 737s landing there. 

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Are they flying 737's into Sion?

Seldom, and not mainline. The runway would certainly be long enough (as a fully fledged SAF air base with jet operations). But it would be a BBJ or charter destination.

However, 737s have been spotted in Sion:

• Like 3

On 8/19/2022 at 5:10 AM, Mace said:

Pasto, Colombia (it's an Airbus in the vid but 737 can do this as well) -- RNP approach that winds all over, you can watch the whole approach to really get a feel for the terrain etc. and then below I skipped to the turn to final (7:15):

Thanks for the inspiration, here it is 🙂

• Like 2

PWM.jpg

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Heck if we're adding charted visuals, might as well include the KDCA River visual 19 (or 15).  More interesting than Portland, with good sightseeing and the added fun of busting a prohibited area if you wander across the left river bank ;).

Andrew Crowley