Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What are the most interesting approaches in the 737?

Hi folks!

I am in the process of creating a youtube channel with the most interesting approaches in the world using the PMDG 737-700.

I try to make them feel the most realistic I can.

Do you have any suggestions besides the most famous ones (Kai Tak, Toncontin, etc...)?

And if there is a nice freeware scenery, the better it is!

Thanks a lot, and if you want to take a look at what I have done so far, here is my two last ones 😉

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Hi folks!

I am in the process of creating a youtube channel with the most interesting approaches in the world using the PMDG 737-700.

I try to make them feel the most realistic I can.

Do you have any suggestions besides the most famous ones (Kai Tak, Toncontin, etc...)?

And if there is a nice freeware scenery, the better it is!

Thanks a lot, and if you want to take a look at what I have done so far, here is my two last ones 😉

Kathmandu VNKT runway 20 is quite scenic and not all that easy. Flew there yesterday with the Fenix and had to go-around because the touchdown zone is really small (which is kind of interesting, because the actual runway is quite long with 10000 feet).

Edited by Fiorentoni
took out the quoted images
  • Like 1

Circling approach into Ajaccio LFKJ runway 20. There‘s a freeware addon on flightsim.to which might not be outstanding but it’s okay.

Rio Santos Dumont SBRJ runway 02. There‘s an excellent payware addon that I would highly recommend. It includes the airport and loads of POIs (and it‘s easy on the frames).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

spacer.png

Use FStarter to find approaches in an easy way. Save and refly the approach with a mouseclick.

Edited by nas123
  • Like 1

Tival Montenegro. Just been there IRL and those planes..make some turns..

• Like 2

Victor Roos

LDSP (Split) RNAV Visual Runway 23 is a lot of fun.  The departure off Runway 5 is also fun.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

There's also the Canarsie approach into La Guardia (KLGA) and the "river" approach into KDCA.

Some of the approaches in Colombia are interesting, too -- "aircraft carrier" airports that have handled MD80/ A319/A320 and 737.

Quito SEQM is always spectacular.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The approach into 05 at LPMA is pretty good as are the RNAV approaches into NZQN (though I don't think you could take a 737 down those, unlike LPMA)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrueedi said:

LOWS has circling to land approaches, as well as Innsbruck.

As a LOWS resident, I have to admit that the circle to land approach into my homebase isn't much of a challenge.

Ms34khr.jpeg

Try Innsbrucks LOC DME West approach for both RWY08 and 26:

dHHAsoS.jpeg

You approach the airport from the west, fly over it, then at 4.4 DME OEJ make a visual right turn on track 255 to approx INN NDB, then on 264 to 14.1 DME OEJ and then another right turn into short final RWY 08.

Or bank hard to the right onto a 290° track after 4.4 DME OEJ for a short final into RWY26.

Both approaches much more challenging than the circling for RWY 33 at SZG.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

As a LOWS resident, I have to admit that the circle to land approach into my homebase isn't much of a challenge.

I was just a tourist once in Salzburg and I remember a 747 flying low over the city circling around...

But you are right regarding Insbruck.

• Like 2

TNCM ST. Marteen over the beach

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

by the way KLGA for Canarsie, correction is for KFJK

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home