Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

Before we could provide with those, those developers should MAKE those profiles to begin with!

And, they would also need to grant their explicit permission to "download them automatically". Some developers would LIKE you visit THEIR site to download something, it's their work, and their right to distribute it in the way they see fit. We can't obviously clam any right on profiles made by 3rd parties for 3rd party sceneries!

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yes I know. But it should not be necessary and should be automatic as profiles from developers are made available. Why is this too much to ask for £30?

Just like Umberto commented above. In due course, the developers themselves will put their own ini file in the scenery to make it GSX ready. Those who had been here long enough know that this was the standard with P3D and will be the standard in this platform as well

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Now you are saying something entirely different, that is "official developers profiles"

Which developers you are referring to ? We provided GSX profiles for all our main sceneries that would be enhanced by GSX, like KCLT, KORD, LSZH, LSFB, KSDF and CYVR. If you have any of those, you haven't even *noticed* because they are coming with Live Updates.

Other developers can just create their own GSX profiles and place them directly in the scenery package, no need to download anything, but how would you expect developers would already have GSX profiles ready, only 12 days after release ?

I am talking about any developer that has made a profile for their product on flightsim.to. If the profile was not made by the developer then you would need to approve it before including it. What's the big deal here? Just make it automatic. Do you seriously think any developer is going to object?

Edited by jarmstro

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Why is this too much to ask for £30? How am I meant to know or remember who made the fifty or so airports i have in my community folder? 

Your Anglosaxon is showing. Aren't you the guys who can't even remember which day of the week it is and that is why you keep your stores open on Sunday, lest you have forgotten to do your groceries on any of the other days? 😜

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I am talking about any developer that has made a profile for their product on flightsim.to. 

The developer doesn't need to put it in any flightsim... they just need to include it with the scenery and it works just out of the box. That's what will happen....

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Your Anglosaxon is showing. Aren't you the guys who can't even remember which day of the week it is and that is why you keep your stores open on Sunday, lest you have forgotten to do your groceries on any of the other days? 😜

No, no. Celt. 

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I am talking about any developer that has made a profile for their product on flightsim.to. If the profile was not made by the developer then you would need to approve it before including it. What's the big deal here? Just make it automatic.

Let's try a real life example:

The most downloaded GSX profile on flightsim.to is for....(drum roll) FSDT LSZH, which already comes with one!

So, what would be your "not rocket science" solution here ? Should we use the official one or the one on flightsim.to ?

Wouldn't the user want to know the difference ? Maybe there's an explanation about the differences, maybe what the author did doens't agree with you ("in this profile I removed all docking systems because I love marshallers, especially the female ones" ) another author might do another profile for the SAME airport, the original author might add a readme saying "don't download this one, I made a better one on this link! "

HOW, exactly, do you suggest we'd decide what to download "automatically"  ?

- A voting system inside the app ?

- The ability to read notes and user comments inside ( "I gave you 1 star because everybody knows Zambia airlines doesn't park at E17!") ?

- Something showing the most popular downloads ?

- Something that shows screenshots ?

Do you realize you are asking we should just CLONE Flightsim.to inside the installer ? What would be the point, exactly ? Just go there.

Edited by virtuali

7 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Maybe. Yes! An option to download. The point is, and I'm not moaning, we should not have to search flightsim.to and other sites to find profiles for our installed airports? This must be, surely, something that GSX can do. Build a database, analyse the community folder. What's the big deal and save everyone a world of grief.

Edited by jarmstro

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Maybe. Yes! An option to download. The point is, and I'm not moaning, we should not have to search flightsim.to and other sites to find profiles for our installed airports? This must be, surely, something that GSX can do.

It'll get easier when developers of the actual airport scenery includes it with their packages. But even so, the install process of the ones made by the community is very easy to do.

I don't think FsDreamTeam really need to expand or think out of the box on this one. It's fine the way it is.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Maybe. Yes! An option to download. The point is, and I'm not moaning, we should not have to search flightsim.to and other sites to find profiles for our installed airports? This must be, surely, something that GSX can do. Build a database, analyse the community folder. What's the big deal and save everyone a world of grief.

Man you're needy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The most downloaded GSX profile on flightsim.to is for....(drum roll) FSDT LSZH, which already comes with one!

So, what would be your "not rocket science" solution here ? Should we use the official one or the one on flightsim.to ?

Wouldn't the user want to know the difference ? Maybe there's an explanation about the differences, maybe what the author did doens't agree with you ("in this profile I removed all docking systems because I love marshallers, especially the female ones" ) another author might do another profile for the SAME airport, the original author might add a readme saying "don't download this one, I made a better one on this link! "

- The ability to read notes and user comments inside ( "I gave you 1 star because everybody knows Zambia airlines doesn't park at E17!") ?

Do you realize you are asking we should just CLONE Flightsim.to inside the installer ? What would be the point, exactly ? Just go there.

I think there should be a utility in the Installer that allows you to easily update the profile ini rather than having to copy & paste into the right folder.  Its easy to do but not as elegant as having it done automatically when you choose a file from flightsim.to

Mark   CYYZ      

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Why are you angry all the time. Perhaps you are not but you come in on this forum and always is on the defense.  Maybe this is not on purpose but I am reading this and wondering why the hell are you mad.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Just now, fogboundturtle said:

Why are you angry all the time.

Why are you reading angry into that post? It is clearly just explanatory.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

we should not have to search flightsim.to and other sites to find profiles for our installed airports?

Think of it as the same way to search for liveries for add on planes. Say the PMDG 737 comes with a bunch of repaints but doesn’t include the one you want. You have to search around the .net on different sites to find the repaint you want. You couldn’t expect PMDG to include a utility to find all other 3rd party repaints that they didn’t include. It’s the same  type of thing you’re asking GSX to do. 

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm a regular user, nothing else.
I've been "defending" GSX because I really like it and I want people to have a chance to appreciate it. Therefore it's not random to me, it was my favorite addon on P3D and I'd like it to grow and become even better in the next 10 years on MSFS. So I'm trying to help people who have problems with it, because I understand it's much more complex than the average MSFS addon and therefore more things can go wrong (and do).

I've also expressed some critical thoughts about the release state and even more about Umberto's attitude with customers, though the latter I did more pronounced on the FSDT forum for obvious reasons.

In that case, please accept my sincere apologies for implying anything different. I respect your point of view.