Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

16 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

SimBrief integration and prefer to manually download the .pln file and fiddle about placing it in the correct place?

Your making  all this too  difficult  for  your  self,  actually  the  sim brief  downloader  does it  automatically placing  it  to  the correct  folder

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

23 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Presumably then, you must dislike any plane with SimBrief integration and prefer to manually download the .pln file and fiddle about placing it in the correct place?

The fact that I would like to see the process of profile injection into GSX automated is not a criticism, it's a request. Or rather, it's something I would expect to see for the price.

You are asking the developer to set up and maintain a repository of links to various sites for what? for a feature that would become useless in no time once the scenery developers start putting their own gsx configuration file as a part of the package. This is how it works for most part. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what's the difference (if there is any) between the Live Updater app and the update button in the Installer app? The Live Updater app seems to be pretty unstable on my PC since it's crashing (or perhaps just closing without warning) all the time.

Edited by -Belga-

5 minutes ago, -Belga- said:

Can someone tell me what's the difference (if there is any) between the Live Updater app and the update button in the Installer app? The Live Updater app seems to be pretty unstable on my PC since it's crashing (or perhaps just closing without warnung) all the time.

The most important difference is: when you execute the FSDT Updater, it will update each and every product from FSDT you have currently installed. If you use FSDT Installer, you can specifically select which product to update. Other than that, I guess there is no difference...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks @AnkH

I just read in the FSDT forum that the Live Updater is supposed to close without warning, since "it has nothing else to do". Interesting design chioce...

43 minutes ago, -Belga- said:

Thanks @AnkH

I just read in the FSDT forum that the Live Updater is supposed to close without warning, since "it has nothing else to do". Interesting design chioce...

That and that there is no easy way to see which version you are upgrading from/to is so weird. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

48 minutes ago, -Belga- said:

Thanks @AnkH

Indeed, as software engineer myself, I find it to have two updaters is confusing in my opinion. I would have rather make that in one updater application that update itself whenever there is an update. Similar to ORBX, FBW installer and PMDG. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Talking about the manual - Umberto made it available for download yesterday:

Nice! Had a look at it and now I understand why he'd rather keep it hidden... 😉 Didn't help me to pull the trigger and buy GSX. On the contrary.

https://secure.simmarket.com/vekant-gsx-pro-profiles-france-pack-1-msfs.phtml

It was predictable... Some are not lacking in ideas or sass. How to grab a few pennies by ripping off the buddies.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

18 minutes ago, David Roch said:

It was predictable... Some are not lacking in ideas or sass. How to grab a few pennies by ripping off the buddies.

Yep amazing that we see this 😨

André

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Nice! Had a look at it and now I understand why he'd rather keep it hidden... 😉 Didn't help me to pull the trigger and buy GSX. On the contrary.

It does have quite a learning curve. You can download it and simply enter "demo" in the code field and test it out on 3 specific airports. It takes ages to install though. I played around with it for several days in demo mode before buying it. 

For what it's worth it does seem to work okay without doing any configuration at random airports except where the parking spot is really tight.

Screenshot-150.png

Edited by JSmith2112
Spelling

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

guys regarding the live updater. Everytime I run the updater there is something to download. Is that normal?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

22 minutes ago, zorro747 said:

Everytime I run the updater there is something to download. Is that normal?

You have to run their offline installer from this link to fix that: 

Couatl engine hasn't started - OFFLINE installer for the latest updates (fsdreamteam.com)

Then don't rerun the live updater after that. At least that's how I understand it.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Sharing the profile is one of the best thing of the GSX MSFS era. I mean, with a popular website like flightsim.to

We know that GSX supposes to work anyway and almost everywhere.

I don’t understand the selling of the GSX profile. Especially whit this high price.

is it something allowed by FSDT?