Sign in to follow this  
Verticalsim

Help me a choose another U.S. destination

KROW. Roswell. Alien Easter eggs. Little Green Men.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Many, many months ago I stopped by your Discord page and asked if you could fix the runways at KGSP. Rwys 4 and 22 are reversed in v1.2 and I see no new version available in Contrail. I uninstalled it.

But, hey, good to see you're alive and looking for new work.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, Verticalsim said:

Hello everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me decide on a new airport to do! Preferably small-medium in size (U.S./American airports only). 

Airports already in development by other companies:
KPHX, KMSP, KSFO - Flightbeam

KIAH, KMEM - FSDT

KCVG - Skyline

MCO - Hancrafted + and/or Taxi2Gate

KPBI - (Not sure ORBX is still doing it since it's been 2-yrs but)

My current projects is as follows:

• KSYR
  • KTPA

Some airports that come to mind are:

• KPIE
  • KALB
  • KRIC
  • KISP
  • KGEG
  • KONT
  • KGRR
  • KAMA
  • KCRP
  • KSFB
  • KDSM
  • KMHT
  • KDMT

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

Don't forget KPNS (Pensacola, FL). It has been recently released by Dominic Design Team (payware, available at SimMarket) and it's very nice. If you want you can complement your flights into the area you can add the freeware KDTS (Destin, FL) available at Flightsim.to.

Good flights!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'd love to see a good KSKX. Especially if you add in an accurate representation of the nearby Taos Pueblo that you have to avoid flying over.

KANE up in MN would be nice too - it's a cool airport IRL - the only 2 flyable Howard 500's on the planet are based there, along with this beauty:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6_s2LxICSDyZ1OZ0aE_l

There is also one heck of a collection of derelict OV-1 Mohawks parked at the south end of the airport, and an A7 right on the edge of the airport property, so lots of cool stuff to add in.

And MSFS represents it horribly - all the hangars are squished flat and the taxiways are messed up.

6 hours ago, starstream707 said:

KMCI will be a whole new airport in real life about 1-2 years from now.

Yup, we're right in the middle of the new terminal project.  It's almost done, but might pose issues for development.   I could probably get access for anyone though.

I think KGEG from the list and KONT would be really good niche airports.  KDSM also.

Off the list I would love to see KTUS, KSMF, and any of the Montana airports.  I know KABQ was just done, but a good re-do of that airport would for sure still get many sales.   Same for KBOI that you did.  Much better than the one released by other other devs.   I bought yours even though I had the other one.

Any one of the other ones that people posted about would be good also.  There's plenty of good ones do do still.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

KPHL

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

KSAV would be nice!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

28 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

KPHL

I was gonna say... No one has EVER done a good KPHL.

Sunskyjet was close, but they never finished it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Nothing appealing to me on your list. But mke, cmh, sav, ack, 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I would like to see KONT or KPHL.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

KGEG, KONT, KDSM

Others: KSMF, KOAK, KFSD (Sioux Falls, SD), KICT, KCOS, KBZN (don't know if Orbx was going to do this one for MSFS).

In Canada, Regina and Saskatoon.

Would also like to see KSLC and KMCI, but understand they both have major construction right now and it might be a year or so before the dust settles.

I would buy the first four on your list (and probably others) but I'd love to have KPTK the most. KMTN and something in the Philly area like others have said.  I'm also up for more Florida airports like Naples, Punta Gorda, venice... is there a Page Field in there?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I'd love to see something in the Midwest US like KTVC, KGFK, KDSM, KDLH

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Could look into KPVU. It is a smaller airport but it’s exploding as a commercial airport and has a great scenic approach and on the edge of a large lake. It’s got a massive repair facility (Duncan Aviation), home to a lot of business owners with GA jets, and even serves as an occasional “base” for  smoke jumpers and military training ops at times (paratrooper jump training, osprey night ops, chinook). It has several flight schools including a large part 141 university, and currently has 30-40+ airline flights weekly between Allegiant Air and Breeze Airways and will be expanding their offerings more this coming fall. New terminal just finished completion and is operational now. It is Utahs second busiest airport behind KSLC.

Edited by Hatch76
  • Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot