Sign in to follow this  
ega

New Nvidia 4000 series graphics cards

On 9/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, turbomax said:

for anybody planning to buy a new PSU for the RTX 4090 class GPUs, I would only recommend the brand new PSU standard PCIe 5.0 with the new 12VHPWR connector.

I think this is good advice, given that the adapters don't have the data connection.

Having said that, its looking like the melting issue isn't just about the adapters. The condition required for the excess heat was severe bending or a high number of mating cycles, 30 - 40. And under a greater load than typical gamming. I don't think its unrealistic for an enthusiast who might be testing various setups to exceed that many cycles.

Edited by martin-w

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Seems to me you are new to this field and aren't familiar with which PC YouTube content creators are "rubbish" and those those that aren't. Jayzs2Cents and Gamers Nexus generally aren't "rubbish", they are very good, informative, channels.

New to the field? Don’t make me laugh. 
All YouTube videos are riddled with adverts unless you pay for premium. The content creators have no choice in that.

So, just for you I watched it. 2 adverts before I could even get to the video and then 33 seconds in he starts advertising a PC case for sale…..  and then it’s 15 mins of waffle (with more forced advert breaks) that could be placed in to a one-two paragraph article. 

So I stand by my opinion, these YouTube videos are awful. 

And why did I express my opinion? Why not? Why did you post this video when you could have just summarised it? Because that was your choice. Just like it was my choice to comment on it. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

All YouTube videos are riddled with adverts unless you pay for premium. The content creators have no choice in that.

So what, YouTube has adverting,  we are all obviously fully aware of that. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the validity of the information regarding the 12VHPWR connector issue.

So I stand by my opinion, these YouTube videos are awful. 

Again, nothing to do with the validity of the information provided. In regard to the accurate, valid information provided, Gamers Nexus and Jayz2Cents aren't awful. I don't care if you don't like YouTube advertising, I only care about the validity of the information presented and if its useful to the community. And when a person, as a reply to a video I post, comments that "most if not all of this YouTube stuff is rubbish" then its reasonable to assume they are talking about the information conveyed in the video posted, especially when they fail, at that time, to specifically state that its the advertising they don't like.

I could even get to the video and then 33 seconds in he starts advertising a PC case for sale

Then wind it forward. 🙄 Its not compulsory to watch.

And why did I express my opinion? Why not?

Because your expression of how you dislike advertising is a absolutely nothing to do with the information in the video, or the subject matter in this thread. So in which case, if you want to express your disdain for YouTube advertising, I suggest you open a thread in the Avsim "Hangar" sub forum.

Why did you post this video when you could have just summarised it?

Because it was easier, quicker, and contained all of the information. 

If you've got nothing at all to say about this particular technical issue that we are discussing, then can I ask that rather than competitively arguing with me, you leave those of us that regard this as important, to discuss it amongst ourselves.

Edited by martin-w
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, martin-w said:

then its reasonable to assume

You should never assume. 

That's got absolutely nothing to do with the validity of the information regarding the 12VHPWR connector issue.

I never said It did 💁‍♂️

If you've got nothing at all to say about this particular technical issue that we are discussing, then can I ask that rather than competitively arguing with me, you leave those of us that regard this as important, to discuss it amongst ourselves.

If you don’t like what I post, just block me. Simple really. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

2 adverts before I could even get to the video and then 33 seconds in he starts advertising a PC case for sale…..  and then it’s 15 mins of waffle (with more forced advert breaks)

Oh really. I had one advert that could be skipped in 5 seconds and just one case advert in the entire 17 minute video. 🙄

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If you don’t like what I post, just block me.

What Id like you to do is voluntarily do something else rather than cementing in a thread about not liking YouTube Adverts, when this sub forum is about technical aspects of hardware. Its a Hardware forum!

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

I really worry about availability on release. Do you think they will be sold out in seconds everywhere from scalpers again or will there be stock to actually order on release day?

1 hour ago, VeryBumpy said:

I really worry about availability on release. Do you think they will be sold out in seconds everywhere from scalpers again or will there be stock to actually order on release day?

I am ordering mine with a new 13900KS system, so hopefully they keep some back for pre-builds like they usually do.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:21 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I am ordering mine with a new 13900KS system, so hopefully they keep some back for pre-builds like they usually do.

You will have to wait till next year then KS not due till 2023. 

40 Series benchmarks soon AIB cards shipping in two weeks pre-orders being taken. unlikely to be a shortage as 30 series still shiping and the desktop PC sales plummeting. And the industry are planning production cutbacks.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

4 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

You will have to wait till next year then KS not due till 2023. 

40 Series benchmarks soon AIB cards shipping in two weeks pre-orders being taken. unlikely to be a shortage as 30 series still shiping and the desktop PC sales plummeting. And the industry are planning production cutbacks.  

Yeah decided to go with 13900K instead. 

On 9/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’ll buy one on day of release if it is possible, hope it’s not the same fiasco as the 3090. Speaking of which, anyone wanna buy a 3090? ! 

Absolutely...take my $400.00

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Absolutely...take my $400.00

I reckon I can get £700 for it here in U.K.

I may sell it as a whole system anyways 

DLSS 3 is what it's all about regarding the 4000 series. Here's a video where they test it on a 4090.

Basically you get 3 frames where you got 2 before. The third frame is entirely created by AI and doesn't involve the CPU at all, so you are guaranteed a significant fps boost,

and pretty much without artefacts. That was an issue with DLSS 2. Looks very interesting indeed.

He's got 4. I just want 1, on release day from the store (Best Buy). Will there be enough? Guess I'll be finding out.