Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

SU10 and Graphics rash

This is ridiculous. What a fart. They call this an update? Rather a downgrade. I cannot get a flight loaded. My settings were unchanged! DX11. Loads 10 times longer now... And Graphics errors.

EDIT: PMDG 737-800 was broken, even after MSFS restart. Hope a reboot helps.

Edited by Piotr007

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

This is the peril of mandatory updates.  I'm not a fan of them.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

This is the peril of mandatory updates.  I'm not a fan of them.  

And the worst  part of it, in my case for instance, you read that there are problems, and when I get home in about 2 hours, I am forced to install it knowing it is buggy.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No problems here. Was on Su10 beta, still there.

Everything ok: PMDG etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Stellaris, I guess...

Sad, man.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Everything seems to be ok here as well with the maddog, on DX11. 

The scenery looks slightly more blurry, which is hopefully temporary due to everyone downloading the update. 

• Like 1

think I must have been lucky, I was on the beta for SU10, so today after downloading the latest Studio driver clean install with DDU, I turned on HT back on in bios (9900K) turned on DX12 and I have gone from CPU to GPU bound (3080 12 Gb) and its smoother than before, the major setting mostly on high / ultra !! no idea,  no errors no nothing 

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

44 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

This is ridiculous. What a fart. They call this an update? Rather a downgrade. I cannot get a flight loaded. My settings were unchanged! DX11. Loads 10 times longer now... And Graphics errors.

EDIT: PMDG 737-800 was broken, even after MSFS restart. Hope a reboot helps.

Did you load the PMDG 737-800 for the first time? The first time the PMDG 737 loads after a new Sim Update, it needs to compile. And the compilation may take a long time, like 30 minutes for some people (yeah, that means you are sitting on the loading screen for 30 minutes).  After it compiles, the PMDG 737 will load faster the next time.

And note that each version of the 737-800 requires a compile.  So the passenger version will require a compile. The BBJ2 version will require a compile. Etc.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

45 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I cannot get a flight loaded. My settings were unchanged! DX11. Loads 10 times longer now... And Graphics errors.

Two things to try. In Windows Disk Cleanup, select and delete the DirectX Shader Cache. And inside the sim, delete any existing rolling cache (if you have it set).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Two things to try. In Windows Disk Cleanup, select and delete the DirectX Shader Cache. And inside the sim, delete any existing rolling cache (if you have it set).

The reboot and 517.40 driver did the job.

AI still mess though. FSTraffic from justflight is a no go I am afraid. Planes still making 360-ies and buggy AI mess not departing at the first airport I tried. EPKK Krakow.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, Bob Scott said:

Doesn't MSFS + DX12 require the nVidia driver released today (517.40)?

Is this the studio one?  or is it a WHQL?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One of the MSFS forum mods suggested that if you are using the Google Map mod, that you remove the mod and you fix your host file (since the Google Map mod may change our host file): https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem-again/543820/2

This is a long shot to fix this bug though, if you have tried everything else and it didn't work, maybe try this suggestion from the mod.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Is this the studio one?  or is it a WHQL?

Studio one. Other is not out yet.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Also, VFR map isn't working: window appears but is never filled with anything.

it's the beta testers' fault!!

1 hour ago, DAD said:

RichieFly will have an empty VFR map so go fix it and guess what.

We're the VFR map people and we did listen. This is a mod conflict issue and the solution was posted on the beta forums in multiple threads.

Please remove any mods that affect the VFR map or apply updates to those mods if applicable (the big two are the G3000 mod, which has an update to remove its VFR map mods, and the PMS GTN750, which also has an update to remove its VFR map mods). Those VFR map mods will break the VFR map because they're still modding the old VFR map, which will result in a very broken situation.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 8

I hope you realize I was joking (thus the italics). I very much appreciate the beta testers efforts.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS