To save reading every SU10 thread, (no shortage of them) would you be so kind as to list the things I should love and the things I should loathe? Just so I know. ūüôā

Edited by Ron Attwood

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

My Paints On MediaFire

That's a big ask Ron!  Plenty of both.  How much time do you have?  :laugh: 

Call me Rob or Bob - I don't mind...  OK, I prefer Rob actually!

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel i9 12900k in a ROG Strix Z690 D4 motherboard with water cooling, EVGA RTX 3080Ti Ultra, 32 GB DDR4 RAM 3800 CL15, 4 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2, with MSFS on a Samsung 980 pro PCIE4 (7000 gb/s).

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

To save reading every SU10 thread, (no shortage of them) would you be so kind as to list the things I should love and the things I should loathe? Just so I know. ūüôā

Honestly I don't see many changes.  People said the fps were more like SU8 but they are the same for me.  I'm still using DX11 and cannot enable DLSS because I have a 10xx GPU.

Clouds might be slightly nicer - they may have more defined bases like real world.

I guess a big one is the G1000 NXi is now part of the sim.  (this is a good thing because the original G1000 was very crappy).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It is the best SU so far...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

It really is the best SU so far. I feel like I have a whole new sim. I am talking about DX12 and NVidia Studio Drivers 517.40 in particular. 

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530

8 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

It really is the best SU so far. I feel like I have a whole new sim. I am talking about DX12 and NVidia Studio Drivers 517.40 in particular. 

I'd have to agree. After experimenting a bit a completing two short flights with DX12 and the studio drivers for the 3080, I'm quite happy with this update so far.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I like now being able to toggle the taxi arrows off and on with a controller button.

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Honestly I don't see many changes.  People said the fps were more like SU8 but they are the same for me.  I'm still using DX11 and cannot enable DLSS because I have a 10xx GPU

Looks like a GPU upgrade is in reach soon. Hopefully the prices drop.

Just now, G550flyer said:

Looks like a GPU upgrade is in reach soon. Hopefully the prices drop.

Yeah I am looking at a 4080 hehe.  Fairly confident my 850w can run it fine.  Needs 3x 8pin pcie connectors and my psu has 4.

I'd like the 16GB version but we'll have to see what manufacturers do - if they increase the wattage far off from stock specs I'm not so sure my 850 could power it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

40 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'd like the 16GB version but we'll have to see what manufacturers do - if they increase the wattage far off from stock specs I'm not so sure my 850 could power it.

Yeah, I had to deal with that when I got a 3080Ti. I ended up upgrading my PSU to a 1300 watt one. If you are right on the limit, you will get a unexpected shut down through your PSU's internal protection. I upgraded from from a 1080Ti like you. There is a process and a calculator to decide what wattage you are pushing but it's hit or miss based on your system. I just said forget it and bumped the wattage way up.

Rick

51 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Yeah I am looking at a 4080 hehe.  Fairly confident my 850w can run it fine.  Needs 3x 8pin pcie connectors and my psu has 4.

850 Watt sounds like it might not be quite enough. 

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

There is really quite a lot to love in SU10, it might make sense to dive into a few pages of thread ūüėĄ DX12, DLSS and the WT G1000 are probably the biggest bullet points.

43 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm eyeing the 16GB version too and I have a 650W PSU. Nvidia states 320W for the bigger 4080. I have a 5600X with open power limits, so I think I'm even going to try with the 650W one and see how it goes.

Laminar Research customer

This is why I bought a future proof HX1200! 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530

You can toggle nameplates on and off, the best thing they did to the sim since su5, I havnt noticed anything else

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Yeah I am looking at a 4080 hehe. 

Me too, or even 4090 (just get it over with). I didn't upgrade my system in so long that I don't care. I am pumped.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.