Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

4 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

There is a big bug in FSLTL I have now gone through, as something was causing massive fps dive.

Aircraft from departing airport were piling up. When I had to return for emergency I had a big slowdown. Each aircraft at the departing airport was piled up at one another.

I guess memory clearing does not work as intended now.

Still:

I observe massive aircraft pile up at various airports. I saw it now @ EHAm and EGLL. After departing the AI is place at the center of the airport on top of each other. These aircraft do not clear themselves from the sim.

This causes a jam and floods the CPU usage. In SU10 this problems seems to be introduced, I really dislake ASOBO for their AI incompetency.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

Still:

I observe massive aircraft pile up at various airports. I saw it now @ EHAm and EGLL. After departing the AI is place at the center of the airport on top of each other. These aircraft do not clear themselves from the sim.

This causes a jam and floods the CPU usage. In SU10 this problems seems to be introduced, I really dislake ASOBO for their AI incompetency.

The problem is. It spawns AI at airport gates that have already been long gone in the real world. Then every single one of them leaves the gates at the same time, goes right for the runway and tries to depart.

At the same time incoming flights finally start arriving. Which causes go arounds galore and it's just a circus from that point on.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

You need to adjust the numbers to make it run well given the bad AI system that we have in the sim at the moment. Try running IFR at high levels and it will get messy quickly. I use 30 for IFR, that works well enough for the time being until Asobo sorts the AI out.

Edited by cbcdesign
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

There is a big bug in FSLTL I have now gone through, as something was causing massive fps dive.

Aircraft from departing airport were piling up. When I had to return for emergency I had a big slowdown. Each aircraft at the departing airport was piled up at one another.

KATL or LFMN by any chance? KATL and a few other airports (can't remember their names) have problems with the nodes and will not allow aircraft to takeoff. Instead they pile up on the runways. This is the MSFS World Update KATL (the pre-WU KATL works fine). The other airports I'm not sure if they were messed up by a WU or had problems all along. You can read more about it at http://www.alpha-india.net/2021/11/17/state-of-ai-traffic-in-msfs/ about halfway down under takeoffs.

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 2

James

5 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

One thing you can do when you run into that is open the FSLTL tab on the toolbar and select to either restart or remove aircraft).

James

27 minutes ago, cbcdesign said:

You need to adjust the numbers to make it run well given the bad AI system that we have in the sim at the moment. Try running IFR at high levels and it will get messy quickly. I use 30 for IFR, that works well enough for the time being until Asobo sorts the AI out.

Okay. I hear you. It solved the piling up issue. Running 45 ifr and 5 vfr 0 static.

All AI is clearing normally now. Above 50 gives havoc it seems. Very wonky all this.

• Like 2

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

19 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Thanks a lot Corsten!

I have the "time zone problem"- living in the Carribean and using MSFS in the evening, when the skies in Europe (where I fly most of the time) are empty in the middle of the night..!

But how to install the traffic files - and do I have to change any settings in FSLTL?

You put it to community. In game setting traffic = offline traffic.

Edited by Corsten

We need Asobo to get rid of the silly 5 knt taxi speed and ridiculous slow crawl to the far end of the runway. Taxi at 20 knts on a straight is more realistic and if they addressed these two issues that would help a lot and we could push those IFR and VFR numbers up.

Not sure how much it will help but apparently in SU11 live flights will spawn on the taxiways and runways rather than at gates if they have already departed at the real airport, so Kai at AIG thinks anyway. That too could help.

Edited by cbcdesign

3 minutes ago, Corsten said:

Thanks!! 

From what I've gathered it seems you have to fiddle with just as much as with AIG, if not more and it still lacks some models. I don't see a reason to bother with it over AIG+MSFS live traffic at this point. Am I perhaps missing something?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I’ve hidden a post and a quoted reply pointing to AIG files on a non-official site. This in in breach of AIG rules.

Please do not repeat this action. It’s disrespectful to those who provide their work to AIG.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Who makes the models for this app?

FSLTL is converting the same models as used by AIG (TFS, FSPXAI, FAIB (FAIB possibly without permissions). Personally, I find the FSLTL models too glossy and prefer the ones from AIG.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

From what I've gathered it seems you have to fiddle with just as much as with AIG, if not more and it still lacks some models. I don't see a reason to bother with it over AIG+MSFS live traffic at this point. Am I perhaps missing something?

Not really, you just find numbers that work in the injector settings, and that's it. There are several advantages using FSLTL over AIG. More effects, better animation and sounds for the models, higher altitude in-cruise AI with the option to add APis, contrails on overhead cruising AI and I think FSLTL just runs more efficiently too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cbcdesign said:

Not really, you just find numbers that work in the injector settings, and that's it. There are several advantages using FSLTL over AIG. More effects, better animation and sounds for the models, higher altitude in-cruise AI with the option to add APis, contrails on overhead cruising AI and I think FSLTL just runs more efficiently too.

I 2nd that. Plus no app crashing 99% of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbcdesign said:

What does more efficient mean? Is there a performance increase over AIG? Also, does better animations mean the gear doesn't constantly go missing or is that one of MSFS's (horrible) AI-isms?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD